“Worth the wait”

Ranked #85 of 5,844 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I visited Di Fara around 2:00 pm thinking that there won't be a line at that time and I was wrong. There were at least 10 people ahead of me. When my turn came I placed an order for one regular slice and one square. Little did I know I had to wait again for the slices to come out as they had nothing left to order.

While waiting I got a kick out of the older gentleman behind the counter orchestrating the pizza. Watching him do his thing was truly entertaining using organic olive oil and sprinkling some fresh basil all over the pies.

The place itself is a whole in the wall that has it's original form since 1965 with not much seating so be prepared to take it to go!

When I finally tasted the pizza it was heaven! I must say that I enjoyed the square slice much better. It was nice and crunchy and you could taste the olive oil. So Good!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

After hearing so much about Di Fara, from the Pizza Show, America's Test Kitchen New York Pizza at Home episode, we had to try it. Arrived on a Tuesday afternoon around 2pm and waited approx 40 minutes for our pie. The pizza was good but not great - a bit disappointing. The sauce, cheese, olive oil and basil all had great flavor but the crust was a bit lacking. The crust was thin but did not have any air in it - it was a bit flat. We would have liked it better, if there was a little chewiness to the crust. It was cooked in a conventional oven. We would have liked it much better if it was cooked at a higher temperature like in a wood burning oven or coal oven. It's a matter of personal preference. The pie was not made by Dom so we don't know if that would have made a difference. The square pizza was pretty much the same-just with a thicker crust, but still no air in it. Overall, it was a good experience visiting the restaurant.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Well am from Jersey as my handle indicates I know pizza. So we go to this place after 15 minutes of searching for parking we find one 8 blocks away. The restaurant is a tourist trap with below part pizza and astonishing price. Don't go here of you want good pizza. Don't go here of u want ok pizza. Go to this pizzeria of you want to pay for a pizza $30 . the worst badly I got for any meal in the past 50 years. NOT WORTH IT.

3  Thank Reza S
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We had to try Di Fara because of the rave reviews.

We showed up at 11:45 AM on a Thursday and there was already a line outside. When it did open, we ordered a whole regular pie with sausage on half of it. The pizza came out of the oven twenty minutes later and basil and olive oil was drizzled all over it.

We took a bite and the crust was good. There’s nothing special about the sauce nor the cheese, and again, just good not spectacular. To be ranked the best pizza in NY, we really expected to have the best. Basically, going to Di Fara was quite a let down.

I believe the draw to this place is Mr. De Marco himself. Other than that, there are better pizza joints in Brooklyn or Manhattan that’s preferable.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Yesterday my girlfriend and i went here to see if the legend was true.
It was.
A very kind woman took my order and had patience for my bad english, explained me everything like a baby. The pizza took a while to make but when i tasted it, i cant even describe how amazing it was. Would give them a 6 / 5

1  Thank David V