“Great food, bad service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Nana

Nana
Ranked #2,317 of 5,314 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Nana Restaurant & Bar boasts a unique setting with its colorful interior and large garden patio, cool industrial feel, and concrete bar. With Asian Fusion cuisine and impeccable service, we turn any gathering into a memorable affair. We offer Southeast Asian saute and noodle dishes, fresh sushi and sashimi, and many other delights that bring Pan-Asian cuisine to Park Slopers. Our food and drink menu is influenced by China, Thailand, and Malaysia with freshly prepared sushi as an homage to Japan. Some of the most popular dishes include the classic Shredded Orange Chicken, Curry, and the traditional Wok Lo Mein. Nana's dining room seats 60 people, and the patio seats an additional 50. For standing-room functions, the recommended capacity is between 100 and 150 people. Looking for a good happy hour? Between 4 and 8 PM Nana has deep discounts on beer, Mojitos, Margaritas, as well as $3 appetizers. Whether you're from out of town or a Park Slope local, Nana has the Asian Fusion with something you're bound to love. Come by for a dinner with friends or a date with a special someone. At Nana, we're excited to serve you soon.
New York City, New York
“Great food, bad service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

The food was splendid, the sushi and miso soup was the highlight of my meal. However the service was horrible. My waiter was dressed in street clothes and didnt know any of the answers to the questions that I asked him about the menu. The wait for the food was long but was over looked because of the taste. Overall it was a great experience and would likely go back.

1 Thank JoDe2488

Gallipolis, Ohio
“Wonderful, excellent, fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012 via mobile

We ate here while visiting family I'm Brooklyn (were from Ohio) and had a great time. Food was perfect, our service was outstanding and the price was incredible. We had ordered a ton of food (no drinks) and it came to $60 for 3 people. You cannot go wrong here!!!

1 Thank Gentrip
Forest Hills, New York
“Sexy Asian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

Despite this restaurant's name - which reminds me of my old Maltese grandmother - Nana is the sexiest restaurant I've been to in Brooklyn. (Not as sexy as MoCA in Forest Hills, Queens, but the sexiest in Brooklyn.) The ultimate Brooklyn date place.

I had the "Thai Basil Bento" lunch special for $8, which came with salad, two spring rolls and rice. The ambiance was just too arousing to wash it down with a simple beer or diet soda, so I ordered a Champagne Mojito for $7.

I don't usually like salad but Nana's had a great tasting dressing. The spring rolls were excellent. The basil chicken was too spicy for my taste, but that was my fault for forgetting to ask for mild. The chicken was otherwise very good and the portions were very generous considering the low lunch special price.

The piped in music included a foreign love song, techno and 1970s American pop, including the Pina Colada song.

The interior of this place is hard to adequately describe in words. I would call it complex modern Asian. And the word "sexy" should be in there somewhere, so how about "sexy complex modern Asian" or "complex modern sexy Asian".

I did have one problem with the interior decor: Although I didn't mind the Andy Warhol Chairman Mao prints on one wall, I found the Mao Communist propaganda poster on another disturbing. Kind of like going into a German restaurant and finding an old Nazi portrait of Hitler. I'm still giving this place five stars despite the contradiction of presenting a glorification of Mao in a place of bourgeois decadence he would have disapproved of with extreme prejudice. Nana's is just too sexy and sumptuous to give it anything less.

• Visited June 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“Solid.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

Love Nana. Casual friendly service, good food. The wide menu covers just about anything you're in the mood for.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Marignyland
Brooklyn, New York
“Still a Good Place to have Asian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have been eating at Nana for at least seven years and I have never had a bad meal. We usually sit at the bar which has very comfortable seats and have a few courses from their special bar menu. We usually have the Spring rolls and Seaweed Salad always fresh and tasty. Their specialty rolls are a little different and interesting besides being delicious. The food is consistently good a nice atmosphere and pleasant service. They also have a special drink menu.

There is large outdoor eating area in the back off the street which is quite nice in the summer.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Senta S

Been to Nana? Share your experiences!