“Terrible!!!!”

International Student Residence
Stockholm, Sweden
“Terrible!!!!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My experience was terrible. The staff of the front desk is not very polite and incompetent.
I absolutely not recommend this place. I booked a room for me and a couple of friends, but I decided to cancel my reservation and I called them. The guy who I spoke on the phone told me that my reservation has been cancelled, but, a few days later, they charged me the whole amount of the price and when I called them back the lady who I spoke was so rude. So, stay away from this hostel.

Room Tip: Don't book a room in this hostel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Giorgia10681

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Hubby stayed here for a week while working and apartment hunting. It's a hostel - so minimal privacy, space, quiet, etc. - but if you are travelling alone and don't mind those "hostel-y" attributes, B is a very good value for the price and we would recommend it for what it is. Hotels and even rooms for rent in the area are twice the price or more. In August my husband paid $35ish per night and what he got was a clean, newly renovated, safe/reliable place to sleep, with a super convenient and easy commute into Midtown.

Room Tip: Bring a lock if you have valuables. They have lockers in each room but do not provide locks. Bring e...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Erica Z
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

terrible place. arrived in NYC late at night, having booked this room weeks in advance. get to hostel - no booking. i show proof of my booking and they say sorry we have no room for you. somehow they cobble together a bed (i dont know why they said they have no room for me when they found me a room within 15 minutes). as everyone has pointed out the rooms are tiny, if there is two people in the room they only one person can be standing they are that small. walls dont reach ceiling so it is REALLY loud at night, you hear everyone talking and snoring. Bathroom has see through glass and was pretty dirty. Staff were rude and incompetent.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank whityfisk

Travellers are raving about these Brooklyn hotels

Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I booked to stay in this hostel weeks in advance and booked a 6 bed dorm with my friends. When we got there we were given 3 separate rooms by a rude women with a bad attitude at reception. Once in the room I realised that the walls don't meet the ceiling and I could hear EVERYTHING from the hall and the rooms on the entire floor. Each of the 4 nights I stayed I could not sleep as the noise from the bathroom,the subway right beside my window and the bathroom was so bad. Overall the staff were so rude and unhelpful and I got little sleep.

• Stayed August 2013
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Ok to starts with this is a hostel. I was expecting to have to bear things out for a couple of days but I was surprised. The entrance and dinning area is very modern with all the facilities you could need, wifi, tv and a good kitchen with all the equipment there. The rooms were very basic. I had a single and it was basically a bed in a box room but I didn't ask for much more. The walls to the ceiling does have a weird gap but it didn't bother me too much.

The only downside to the people who are picky are that the rooms are very basic and the gap between the wall and ceiling can mean that you can hear people. If your a dead sleeper you don't need to worry, if your not, well I listened to headphones as I fell asleep which helped.

The staff at the hotel were really really friendly and helped with any questions they'd also store your luggage for you if you needed to check out early but didn't leave until later.

Would definitely recommended to anyone staying in New York and trying to save money! It was a short easy train journey right into the centre of New York!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ellen52211
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

This place is noisy, dirty and awful - don't do it to yourself! Loved NYC but hated staying at this hostel! Booked a '6 bed deluxe dorm' what I got was a tiny room with one bunk bed so only sharing with one other person. For some this may be ok but it does make it a little harder to meet people if you are travelling on your own.

The walls in the rooms don't go all the way to the ceiling so they are more like cubicles really rather than rooms. There is also no curfew or suggested quiet time so it is VERY noisy at night with noise coming directly into the rooms from the whole floor.

There are only 3 girls toilets and showers for the whole floor and the bathroom stalls are made of frosted glass so you can pretty much see through them. They were also frequently filthy dirty during my stay here.

The hostel advertises on hostel world.com that they have laundry facilities, but they don't - there is a laundromat a couple blocks away I was advised on asking.

Your also outta luck if you have an early/late flight out of JFK airport and wanted to book an affordable shuttle, they don't service Brooklyn. So your only options are subway or $50 cab ride.

There's also not much in the immediate area around the hostel apart from the subway station which is convenient to get reasonably quickly into Manhattan.

Looking at the pictures online I thought I'd be getting more bang for my buck by staying in Brooklyn but of all the hostels I've ever stayed in, this was the worst and not any cheaper than some of the Manhattan options.

• Stayed August 2013