“Supreme service, mouthwatering food, extremely accommodating”

Marco Polo Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Marco Polo Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #251 of 5,462 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: f train to carrol street.
Reviewed 6 January 2014

On Dec 29, our last night in NY my husband wanted to treat my 2 sons & I to a nice dinner. We checked out a few places then settled on eating Italian. Marco Polo was breathtaking: tastefully decorated, cozy fireplace, great music. We realized that our picky sons would not eat items on the menu, our 7 yr old loves pasta with chicken & alfredo sauce and the 15 yr old loves Italian pizza (these items were not on the menu). We explained this to our Server he spoke to the Chef who agreed to do the Alfredo dish and the Server went to a bistro next door and got us a pepperoni pizza. We shared the charcuterie and olives antipasti and a Chianti, I took the salmon dish ( it melted away in my mouth) and my husband had the ravioli stuffed with veal and mushrooms (he cleaned the plate); we had fresh strawberry, pistachio & vanilla gelato after.

There are newer reviews for Marco Polo Ristorante

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend that knows the area. I guess the mistake was that we took the recommendation. We were a party of 16, 5 separate families. The waiter refused outright to do separate checks, and also refused to take multiple forms of payment. An instant turn off. We had several very well behaved children with us and asked that their food be brought out ASAP. The waiter once again seemed completely unwilling to accommodate. But he was very quick to offer more drinks. The drinks were over priced. My martini glass was 1/2 full and drink was weak. Oh ya, still no food for the children, and when it finally came out, they forgot who got what and forgot 1 order. The portions even for the kids were SKIMPY!!! I told my son to just eat more bread. The entrees were not up to our expectations at all. Still wondering what all the hype was about this place. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

1  Thank Maria N
Reviewed 8 August 2013

we had a great evening at Marco Polo! excellent salads, excellent pasta and fish, and great tiramiso! the waiter Deme made it an evening we wont forget - friendly and polite. recommended!!!

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Super Clean, super service and huge variety of wines! Food is well done. Feels like private dining and very quite after noisy streets.
Highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Marco Polo is our go-to place when visiting our grand children. We especially love it because it has VALET parking, this removing the need to find a parking spot in Brooklyn near the new Barclay Center. The food is quite good. I especially like their veal chops. The menu is large, and the food is good. We have not had any dish that disappointed us.

Give this one a try. You are going to be happy with the choice.