“Beautiful venue for a Shower”

Marco Polo Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Marco Polo Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #333 of 5,677 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: f train to carrol street.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Great food and atmosphere. Very nice staff and very good service.
Water and cocktails are served family style in silver pitchers but regular soft drinks require going to the bar.
They should ask patrons and serve them at the tables.
Yummy food!

1  Thank Travelbear007

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We hit this restaurant on a sunny day in April, when we could sit outside and watch the lively street scene. We were past the hour when lunch was served, but the owner graciously allowed us to order from the lunch menu. The service was a combination of starched formality, and European snottiness tempered by friendliness, and professionalism than transforms "lunch" into a "dining experience."

The menu, food, and presentation were all classically Italian, matched by a well-selected wine list. It was the kind of experience that makes you not care about how much you are spending. It also makes you want to leave a larger-than-normal tip, as is expected from a "made man." If you are feeling flush, and it's a sunny day in April in Brooklyn, this is your place.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

On Dec 29, our last night in NY my husband wanted to treat my 2 sons & I to a nice dinner. We checked out a few places then settled on eating Italian. Marco Polo was breathtaking: tastefully decorated, cozy fireplace, great music. We realized that our picky sons would not eat items on the menu, our 7 yr old loves pasta with chicken & alfredo sauce and the 15 yr old loves Italian pizza (these items were not on the menu). We explained this to our Server he spoke to the Chef who agreed to do the Alfredo dish and the Server went to a bistro next door and got us a pepperoni pizza. We shared the charcuterie and olives antipasti and a Chianti, I took the salmon dish ( it melted away in my mouth) and my husband had the ravioli stuffed with veal and mushrooms (he cleaned the plate); we had fresh strawberry, pistachio & vanilla gelato after.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend that knows the area. I guess the mistake was that we took the recommendation. We were a party of 16, 5 separate families. The waiter refused outright to do separate checks, and also refused to take multiple forms of payment. An instant turn off. We had several very well behaved children with us and asked that their food be brought out ASAP. The waiter once again seemed completely unwilling to accommodate. But he was very quick to offer more drinks. The drinks were over priced. My martini glass was 1/2 full and drink was weak. Oh ya, still no food for the children, and when it finally came out, they forgot who got what and forgot 1 order. The portions even for the kids were SKIMPY!!! I told my son to just eat more bread. The entrees were not up to our expectations at all. Still wondering what all the hype was about this place. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

1  Thank Maria N
Reviewed 8 August 2013

we had a great evening at Marco Polo! excellent salads, excellent pasta and fish, and great tiramiso! the waiter Deme made it an evening we wont forget - friendly and polite. recommended!!!