“Not my cup of tea” 2 of 5 bubbles

Parkview Diner
Ranked #811 of 5,292 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brooklyn, New York
“Not my cup of tea”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We decided to try the Parkview diner one Sunday morning for breakfast. From the outside it looks like an old fashion diner. The fact that they have a parking lot was a plus. When we entered the diner we had a short wait. Our waiter was very pleasant. I was so happy to see that they had hash browns on the menu. There are not many places in NY that make hash browns. It all went downhill from there, as soon as we got our breakfast we tried and hated their hash browns. The rest of our breakfast was just ok. The hash browns were crunchy on the outside and too soft and mushy on the inside. They looked like mashed potatoes that were thrown on a grill. Yuck! Never Again!

• Visited April 2014

Brooklyn, New York
“Diner food at its best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife and I went to Home Depot and on the way back home we stopped here to eat dinner. We were seated very quickly and the hostess was very friendly. The waitress as very attentive and also very friendly. She would come over to ask how the meal was and if we needed anything. The food itself was very good. My wife had the flounder stuffed with spinach & feta which she said was excellent. I had the broiled Romanian steak which was cooked to perfection. You get a lot of food including sides so be prepared to tak so home. Overall highly recommednded.

• Visited May 2014
Brooklyn, New York, USA
“great local spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

we eat here all the time. food is great and service is fast. never had to wait more than a minute for a table

Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Hair in my food, TWICE in the same Day!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Generally, I used to like this diner. we'd go about one to two times a month varying between breakfast and lunch. service is usually good, staff is friendly and the food was pretty good. However, after today's ordeal and the bad attitude of management i will NOT be going back, EVER.
i ordered a chicken souvlaki - which is usually quite good. but before i even got started, i wanted to shift the chicken and pita to a different plate from the salad not to soak the pita in the dressing. i just moved the pita and ugh HAIR! i informed the waitress, who was just as disgusted, and immediately took it away to bring me a fresh plate. 10 minutes later, another plate arrives, yes, it appeared to be freshly made as the meat was quite hot [but not burned, as if re-heated], and i go through the same process to move the pita and chicken to a different plate, and AGAIN, ANOTHER hair [short, curled, black]. again calling the waitress and asking for the check.
now, my companion was not yet done eating, and most places i know, and have seen, would just offer to comp the meal cause A: it's DISGUSTING and happened TWICE; and B: I've yet to eat and my companion barely touched her meal thus far from disgust, as well.
my check is brought and my meal is removed and the other one is still on the check. ok, no worries. i don't scheme or try to get free things just for the sake of it, but for good relations and to show good faith that this was truly unexpected, as well as the fact that it happened TWICE, it would, IMHO, just be good form to comp the meal and hope the customer returns. I asked the manager wth was going on in the kitchen and he has the nerve to tell me, idk, it was a red hair, no one in my kitchen has red hair...implying, of course, that it was put on the plate after it was brought out. Now, note, neither I, nor my companion have red hair, either, and it was a BLACK hair, short, and consistent with EVERY single latino bus boy and server in the diner. I pointed that out and he basically turned around said, idk, and moved it along. I noted that most places would just comp the meal and be done with it. He says, oh I did, see, I took off your plate. Well, clearly you don't comprehend the term comp...you took off the price of my plate cause I NEVER ATE ANYTHING; comping the meal would've entailed comping the check for my companion, as well, who barely touched hers after seeing not one, but TWO hairs on two different "fresh" plates.
I didn't make a stink, I didn't cause a scene, I took the check, paid it, left the remainder of my companion's meal untouched [enough for another meal (or two) for many] and walked out. And we will NEVER be returning to that disgusting place, again.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“It was good but didnt match the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

We enjoyed it but our expectations may have been too high! First of all, when our waiter greeted us he informed us that there were about 8 menu items that were unavailable as they had made an "ordering mistake" over the Thanksgiving Holidays. So, the things i really wanted to try were not available (those might have been great but who knows?). So, my wife decided to try the Chicken Soup because it has been billed as the, "Best in NYC". In our opinion, it was average and we have already had much better an many other locations. Since my first two choices were unavailable, I settled for the Grilled Cheese and Split Pea Soup. The soup was fantastic (thick and quite flavorful) and the sandwich was pretty good. The green apples was an interesting touch and I liked it. However, given what we had heard, we really expected more and might have experienced if the entire menu had been available. The service was ok but not great. We may give it one more try but not until we have tried many other places first!

• Visited November 2011