“WORSE THAN AWFUL”

Comfort Inn Brooklyn
Ranked #40 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We stayed here on business as it was near our meeting place. We had read the reviews but figured it would still be acceptable for 2nights/3 days. WRONG. Believe the previous reviews. Nasty, unclean, unsafe area. Prostitutes/hookers DO use the hotel for nightly activities....roaming around everywhere. Long walk to the subway...not safe walk either. We were trying to check out early for our second night's stay there, but management would not refund our credit card as it is their "policy". Everyone knows policies are up to the management to enforce as he sees fit. Considering the looks of this hotel, it is very obvious why they would not let us back out of our 2nd night's stay. They were as unhelpful and inconsiderate as previous reviews have stated. They have no other way to make their $ than to lie and deceive their patrons. Do not waste your time here....you can find other hotels in the area at the same price as we did the following week we had to return.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank bonnie2009

Reviewed 29 March 2009

I enjoyed my stay at the Comfort Inn, Brooklyn Bridge. I found the staff helpful and friendly.
The breakfast was good and I was able to forego lunch on most days because of it. The staff was able to answer my questions about getting around and even suggested a few things I should check out when in Manhattan. The subway was a little far, 10minute walk, but as a solo-female traveller I never felt unsafe or scared going to or coming from the station. After the first night I asked for a room higher up (I was on the ground floor) and it was no problem to switch. The rooms were smallish, but it was just me there, so it was ok. Everything was clean and nice.
The shining point for this hotel was the staff! I enjoyed getting "local" tips. It made me feel as though they cared about my experience even more!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2008

What do people expect from a moderately priced Comfort Inn? How can anyone say this hotel is a dump? Sure - it ain't the Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge but then again, you ain't paying 600 bucks a night! So what do you get for your money?
1) A clean room
2) Friendly staff
3) a Nice neighbourhood
4)err....well, I don't know about anyone else but that's all I am expecting for my money!!
For the record, unlike one reviewer I didn't see any hookers. However, there was a very drunk English guy in a Manchester United shirt who tried to book a room but was shown the door by the duty manager. If you are looking for a hotel just to sleep in, this is perfect and very reasonably priced. If you are looking for a Brooklyn hotel to spend a lot of time in, well, spend some money and head for the Marriott.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank stewmorr
Reviewed 24 July 2008

Grew up in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn, so I knew to stay away from the Windjammer and its likes, but hadn't had time to do my research on this piece of crap. They accept "hourly raters" so don't let them B.S. you! - Hookers are welcome there!
At 4:00 am. we were awakened by a prostitue & her John going at it in the room next to us, (grateful it wasn't on the side of the kids' room). These people were slamming the headboard, slamming doors, and drawers, screaming, crying and laughing hysterically for a full hour - a perfect couple for prozac. Finally, after 1 hr - all was quiet - they left, their time must have run out.
We had to take two rooms to accomodate me, my husband and two teens. We paid over $300 for a lousy 7 hours in the hell hole and the rooms were not adjoining. The staff we encountered was extremely rude at the desk both night, & morning. The "air / heat" unit was so noisy it was like driving thru the Battery Tunnel during rushhour in a convertible next to a bus. And, the staff was completely unwilling to help quiet "the neighborhood" when all was being disturbed.
Our situation was one of an emergency - we had to find somewhere to stay immediately - so we figured how bad could it be? (Well, pretty bad!) In the morning I blasted the guy at the desk - to no avail.
My message to the clerk at the Comfort Inn Sheepshead Bay - "Hey Desk Jockey - if you're looking to make a couple of bucks under the table by renting to people staying an hour - then stick them in an area of the hotel where full paying guests will not be disturbed, you fool" Stay Away All !! - unless of course you're a prostitute.

Stayed: April 2008
11  Thank AlaskaOrBust
Reviewed 15 May 2008

Pros:
-Nice, clean rooms
- Short distance from exit off Parkway.
-Reasonable walk (1/4 to 1/2 mile) to restaurants in Brighton Beach; short drive to Coney Island
-decent continental breakfast

Cons:
-Very few parking spaces
-next to sleazy motel
-any "bay view" will overlook relatively shabby pier/dock

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Theo4455
Reviewed 30 April 2008

Terrible customer service! People at the reception are extremely rude. They treat you like a thief if you are extending your stay but haven't paid for the next day.

The Indian guy at the reception threatened me to throw out my friend's items if I do not pay the next day's rental by 12 o'clock. I told him my friend is at a meeting and he will be paying his rooms charge with his own credit card, but the receptionist was extremely rude and yelled at me. This event happened just after I paid 1000 bucks for 5 rooms. He was aware that we are decent customers...

This is the most horrible, terrible, worst hotel customer service I ever experienced.

If you want to learn more about the details of my experience, I will be glad to tell you more. Simply email me :

texxnoogy@gmail.com.

I can further give my phone number and chat some more on this.

If you believe a "customer karma spirit", do not make reservations with these guys until they learn how to treat a customer.

• Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank texxnoogy
Reviewed 13 April 2008

I didn't encounter the issues that others had written about that left poor marks. My stay was very good. The hotel in and-out was very clean and well kept. The staff was also very polite and helpful. Even the coffee was always fresh. The rooms are small, however they are manageable. I usually took a taxi whenever I traveled, but if your heading for Manhattan it may be a good walk to the nearest subway. The biggest satisfaction was the cleanliness, it goes a long way in a big city to come back to a clean hotel each day.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business