“Gelato and a GF menu”

Dining options: Breakfast
Fitchburg
“Gelato and a GF menu”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We enjoyed gelato in the outdoor garden on a sunny early summer afternoon. Gelato is silky and creamy, but the raspberry sorbet has the kind of bite you crave in a sorbet. Tangy but not sour, and the color memory will stay with you as long as the memory of this tasty frosty treat.

Visited May 2014

New York City, New York
“Good hangout”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I do enjoy L'Albero die Gelati's sandwiches, although the one time the one I had could have used a bit less melted brie cheese ($12). However, the bread was extremely fresh. The area is a good hangout and their coffee isn't too bad either. Their menu seems a bit daunting at first, with many choices, which for an indecisive person like me, feels a bit overwhelming. But since I've been here a few times, I have gotten used to it. The owner and servers have always been great to deal with and are attentive. I always liked their vast gelato selection, especially the maple gelato. Everything is a bit on the pricier side, but is expected since you're paying a premium for location and ingredients.

• Visited March 2014
Dedham, Massachusetts
“Worth a four hour drive”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We arrived in Bklyn from Mass for a visit. The hotel staff recommended a deli for sandwiches but this was so much more inviting. It's very tastefully designed and decorated. No pretense.
The staff is friendly, welcoming and helpful. There was a lively group of patrons. Everyone seemed to be quite at ease. Sometimes a place can be so full of itself that it makes the experience less enjoyable. Not here.
We had paninis and lattes which were so satisfying. The bread was crusty and soft inside - quite sensual. The cheese and cured meat were so delicious. I had to purchase some to bring home.
We returned the next day for breakfast. The frittatas were heavenly !
This experience alone was worth the trip.

• Visited February 2014
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“Extraordinary Gelato”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

One word: Extraordinary!
I am extremely picky when it comes to gelato - my family comes from a long line of italian gelato makers...so its part of our tradition to be selective (read: snooty) and over the top demanding for what should be light, not too sweet, flavorful, refreshing perfection. And that is what we got in L'Albero dei Gelati.

It was a wonderful surprise. I had the pear chocolate chip sorbet - which was perfect, and the chocolate gelato, a creamy, rich, not too sweet and just perfect option. I ordered a cappuccino to warm me up and it was frothy, not too milky, comforting and just the right size. Again, a huge win.

We also tried the coffee and straciatella gelato and a hot chocolate (which was the only thing we wouldn't order again...it was a mix of powder and syrup chocolate, rather than melted dark chocolate with milk...the real way to do it).

I'm told the flavors change weekly so be prepared to be adventurous and to try different options.

And in the summer there is outdoor seating in a garden outback, which looked really nice! They apparently also do curbside tastings and sales.

The atmosphere was wonderful, and I hope to be back for another visit soon! I can't think of another place to have ice cream in Brooklyn.

• Visited November 2013