“Brooklyn Bite-by-Bite Walking Tour”
Review of Eat Drink Brooklyn - CLOSED

Eat Drink Brooklyn
More attraction details
Owner description: Eat Drink Brooklyn is a food tour company created by and for foodies. Our passionate mission: To introduce you to the local, artesanal, groundbreaking cuisine and local culture of our New Brooklyn. We’re the sister business of Little Adventures in Hong Kong, the hugely successful luxury food walk company founded in Hong Kong in 2009.
Reviewed 1 April 2014

As someone who is not a fan of feeling like they are an out-of-place tourist, Brian, straddled the line between being an informative guide and making us feel like a local group of friends out for a walk and a bite on a Saturday afternoon. I was concerned that as a vegetarian, and a picky eater at that, I would not be able to fully enjoy a culinary tour, but after our first stop at Bark Hot Dogs, and the best veggie dog I've ever eaten, I knew I was wrong. The food choices were impressive and I felt like I was eating something I could have only found right there in Brooklyn. Highlights included The Pickle Shack (and then an impromptu tour of Brooklyn Brine when the founder saw Brian had walked in), a special Eat Drink Brooklyn cocktail at Runner and Stone, and red onion gelato that even the biggest skeptic would enjoy. It is important to say that along with the food, the tour is truly based on being an informational way to learn about the history and gentrification of Brooklyn. I recommend this tour for anyone looking to discover new places to eat, as well as a great way to take a break from the city for a couple hours. Definitely a fun time!

1  Thank josieg173

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My daughter and I were in NYC to shop and visit a few friends. I found this wonderful walking tour of Brooklyn and wanted to experience it as it included a few tastes along the way. We loved it! We learned so much about the neighborhoods and of course the cuisine which was delightful. My daughter is vegetarian, so Brian was able to accommodate her as well as me with culinary tastes at a variety of interesting places. From hot dogs to chocolates to pickles to gelato, we were taken on a great excursion on foot and, despite the cold weather, we were very satisfied with all the places we were introduced to. We even got to see a resale shop catering to the entertainment business which was fascinating especially for my film student daughter. Thank you so much for making a visit to Brooklyn unforgettable. I will be back!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

There were four of us on the tour, two friends from out-of-town who had suggested taking the tour after doing Eat Drink Hong Kong tour last year, and two of us who have lived in Manhattan for 10 years, but rarely get out into Brooklyn.

It was a great night, despite sub-zero temperatures. We went to 5 spots, all pretty close to each other. It was a great range of food and a lot more of it than I expected, we were all very full by the end of the night.

Brian was a wonderful host - and he was really more like a host than a tour guide - he was very knowledgeable about the neighborhood, as well as the restaurants. I'd recommend the tour for tourists as well as locals who are just interested in finding hidden neighborhood spots.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is a great way to explore a few bars and restaurants in Brooklyn if you (like us) weren't staying close enough to spend time there. Brian took us to about 5 different places and you could tell they all were keen to impress him and his guests, because what was supposed to be nibbles everywhere turned out to be lots of food and all of it delicious. We really loved Runner & Stone, because it was just awesome being seated at the bar and talking to the owner and barman and getting further tips on what to do while visiting New York. His drinks suggestions were simply excellent every time!
We just loved Blueprint, which really had the feel of an awesome local bar and the cocktails were amazing. We ended up going back there after our tour.
Brian was a good host, interesting and was part of the group by the end of the evening.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

As a frequent visitor to New York City for the past 37 years, I probably would never have experienced the delights of Brooklyn had Brian not enticed me to cross over the East River time and again! He has always been "au courant" about seeking out marvelous bistros and charming wine bars that never dissapoint! Brooklyn has a character all its own. And you need not worry about "will I be able to get a plateau de charcuterie," or get a perfect glass of white Burgundy for example. One New Years when I was in the city, Brian invited me to come to over to Brooklyn. He had arranged a table at "al di la Trattoria" on Fifth Avenue. For dinner, we were served a beef tenderloin with a piece of foie gras on top! It was amazing, and the place was extremely convivial! With Brian you're in good hands, and he just has a "taste" for things...

1  Thank craig c