“Best tasting BBQ!!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

After a nice day we ended it with a visit to Hometown BBQ. The meal was fantastic!! Best bbq hands down! The tenderness of the beef ribs was what we enjoyed the most. The cornbread was so good and their sauces complimented the meal so well. My husband and I don't eat pork so we loved the fact that we had choices of beef ribs to enjoy. Definitely our go to for a great night out.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

The food:
- Very good flavours, tasty, proper BBQ.

The service:
- Average, they basically live from what they provide, I would return for the taste not because they have a good service, its not bad, I just didnt really felt "cared for"

The atmosphere
- American, proper american BBQ style

The Cost:
- Affordable

A tip, would be great if they had some roasted potatoes, or any potatoes at all...

Reviewed 2 January 2018

This place is nothing but hipster hype. When my wife and I go out all we ask for is great service and amazing food. First off, there is no table service at this establishment and that goes for getting your drinks as well. You have to order both your food at one counter and your drinks at another. I would be willing to overlook the self service concept had not all of your meat options been way too fatty and lacked the “great barbecue” hype we hoped for. Not to mention the sides were a big disappointment as well. What really sent me over the edge was how bad the bacon was. With all of the restaurant competition out there in the five boroughs there is no need to give this place a second try.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

For a tourist this is an opportunity for a great day out and an authentic take on America.

Firstly you catch the IKEA ferry (yes that is not a typo!) and it was free. This was a Saturday.

You sail past Governors Island with Liberty int he background and take the second stop (not the actual IKEA stop). You end up at what looks like an abandoned warehouse.

Inside, there is a Queue. Maybe not all that necessary - and if it were a fine and warm day, outside seating would have possibly sped things up (we were convinced the slow queue was to help the tables turn over). Seating is mostly long wooden benches.

The selection of meats and BBQ itself is outstanding. You order by weight - we chose a sampling selection so that we could taste more of it. There was a hint of Asian American fusion - so even more interesting.

A long bar, with plenty of beer just rounded things off.

I would definatily go back.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

We were looking for a smokehouse and found it right here, in Brooklyn. The restaurant has a nice decoration. Unusual for NYC which is refreshing. The smell is wow, amazing. The menu is written on the wall. An advice is to be sure what and how much you want when making your order as the line for ordering can get very long.
My selection was just okay. No regrets as we found what we wanted.