“BED BUGS IN 314” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 70 Hotels in Brooklyn
New York City, New York
“BED BUGS IN 314”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

I just read an earlier review about a bedbug infestation in room 314 and apparently they did nothing about it because I just got bites all over my arm. i woke up in the middle of the night scratching my arm,
I caught a bed bug in a cup as proof and showed it to the lobby receptionist and he offered another room. No we dont want another room, we want a refund. He would not give it to us because he said he would have to speak to the
it was 3 am, and we were only there for 4 hours because we checked in around 11 pm.

DONT GO HERE BECAUSE THERE ARE BED BUGS AND OBVIOUSLY THEY HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT YET BECAUSE ALL THE REVIEWS SAY BED BUGS AND ITS CONTINUOUS. I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY HAVENT DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT YET.

i took photos of the bed bug as proof, so they better do something about it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Jane S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Nothing special for the money I spent on it and its stuff, specially receptionist is unfriendly, rude and they treat gust as necessary evil. You have to remember that check in time is at 3 pm so it could be problematic like it was for me. I booked my room through other website and I wasn't told that and when I arrived at 11 am I was very suprised. The receptionist told me this is my problem and that I had to wait. So ask them once again and they were slightly nicer and organised a room for me. Overall experience average.

Room Tip: Don't stay there unless there's no other option.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

I asked a friend and a cousin who live in Brooklyn for their recommendation of a place to stay that was clean and was in a safe neighborhood. They both recommended the Brooklyn Motor Inn. We were not disappointed. It's an older property, but the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and we didn't hear any street noise from our room #308. There is off-street parking and we pulled right in.

There is a new bagel shop a block away. I don't remember the name, but the people who work there were extremely friendly. We had dinner at Caselnova, an Italian restaurant within walking distance Yummy food and enjoyable interaction with the owner.

Room Tip: We slept well in Room 308.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl S
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

The hotel has bedbug infestation. Stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank t k

Travellers are raving about these Brooklyn hotels

Formosa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Clean , prety , furniture like new , lcd 42" , bed kingsize .

• Stayed September 2011
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

Although this Hotel isn' the fanciest hotel around. The people that work there were very friendly and very helpful. Customer service is something i truly apprecitate and they definetely gave it to us. Thank you for that experience with you guys.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

On July 4th in the evening, as I was laying in room 314 of this hotel, I felt my back itching. When I got up to check it out, I saw a bug crawling. After a few inspection, I noticed there were bed bugs on the pillow. I then lifted up the sheets and found two more crawling towards the headboard. I called the receptionist at the hotel and asked him to come up and look. Instead he offered me another room. Why would I stay in another room that may be infested also? Anyways I asked to be refunded for the night but they said I needed to talk to the booking agent. I called Priceline and they said they would have them refund me my money. I ended up checking out with my friend around 11pm while our checkout was not until 12pm that following Tuesday. On the following day, I called asking to speak to the manager and he said i could not be refunded because I checked out at 11pm. I checked out 12hrs before my checkout time. I was not asking for a full refund just a portion. They insisted that there was no bed bugs there but there were flies. Why are there flies everywhere in the room? I insisted on my refund but they refused. Priceline then sent an email stating that the hotel inspected the area and found no bugs so I could not be refunded. The staff at Brooklyn Motor inn was very disrespectful and did not even offer an apology of any sort. STAY AWAY

Room Tip: Inspect beds thoroughly
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank angelhearty88
BMI_Manager, Manager at Brooklyn Motor Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Dear Guest -

We would like to confirm that our hotel takes the most stringent precautions when it comes to preventing bed bugs and has a strict protocol when a guest claims of find one. We are surprised at the allegation and can only use this forum to clear up the facts.

Our records and surveillance leads to believe your intention was to not stay at the hotel for the second night and using a bed bug claim was the way out of paying. You returned on the evening of July 4th and went straight to the reception before heading to your room. You made the claim of the bed bugs after being out of your room for the entire day.

We immediately instructed our head housekeeping team to investigate the claim while you continued to be abnormally loud and profane in the lobby creating a premature scene. We do understand circumstances call for certain reaction, but this was premeditated.

Our housekeeping team did not discover a single instance of a bed bug and even offered to transfer to another room to feel secure. It was clear your intention was to not stay at our hotel that evening.

Priceline does not guarantee any refunds until speaking to the hotel. When we provided the accounts of the evening with supported time lines, they did not grant the refund. Management also followed up with a phone call the following morning to review but you were committed on earning a free night.

Room 314 was checked in on July 5th night by a new guest with not a single complaint. It is extremely appalled at what lengths a guest will go to not have to pay for booked reservation.

To reiterate, NO bed bugs have been found at our hotel.