“At the heart of the NYC”
Review of Oasis Motel

Oasis Motel
Oasis Motel
Ranked #57 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Florida City, Florida
“At the heart of the NYC”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Nice new rooms with jacuzzi, nicely done parking facility, lovely location and clean place. Convenient distance to NYC. Shopping malls are nearby. Easy transportations. Very busy area but quite place indeed. People of all community are welcomed and treated very warm. The staff and the overall facility is so helpful to outer state people. Will stay at this same place again and again.

Room Tip: Take the room away from the main road, is bit more quite then the others.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 August 2012

instead of gettin the room we paid for we got bedbugs,small bthrm, n a remote that died an a t.v wit 3 channels it was the worst experience ever never again me n my hubby were very very very dissatified with the money we spent n the room we got... dnt waste ur money here take it somewhere worth it

Room Tip: n ot a good place to spend ur hard earned money... u get less way less n pay alot more then wat it d...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank maryann s

Travellers are raving about these Brooklyn hotels

Reviewed 17 August 2012

If you have children please consider their safety. I know the price is great but the mattress are litteretly dirty like the side of a dirt truck. I changed my room twice before I decided to get my money back (no refunds) so I stayed. The we're ppl fight in hall. The elevator smells like pee. The sheets have stains. I really don't understand why this place is still in business. Trust me spend that extra $25 and have a better sleep. NO CHILDREN

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Nicke2012
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My fiance and I decided we needed a break from basically EVERYONE around us but we're tight on cash for the wedding. An old friend told me about this motel that's really cheap ($45hr, $75 Jacuzzi room per hr). So we decided to give it a run.
I'll give you a list for less reading:
1. If you're looking for a private beautiful getaway, this place is definitely NOT one. There is a gas station/car wash RIGHT beside the motel so basically be prepared to see a line of cars being washed or filling up right next to it.
2. Hilarious moments may happen to you. When we were approaching the front door, a blonde haired hooker(i'm assuming) in 4inch red stiletto heels and a full leopard print cut-out bodysuit walked past with a short sketchy looking guy putting his wallet in his pocket followed behind. We've never seen anything like that but decided to brush it off since it was more funny than suspicious. I mean it is a MOTEL and not a HOTEL.
3. This is the BAD no HORRIBLE part about this motel. The staff are arrogant trash. As soon as we walked up to the front desk. The receptionist rolled her eyes and said "So how long are you going to use her *snicker* i mean the room?". {Just because some people use the motel as a prostitution base doesn't mean EVERY SINGLE person is doing the same.} But don't worry before i could say anything my fiancee told her off completely and he told her to go get the manager who was strangely enough standing right behind her in the office.
After a ton of silent nods and fake smiles, he apologized and gave us the key to the Jacuzzi room with sand paper disguised as towels and a strange looking bubble bath soap. But also gave us 1hr free for the judgmental attitude of his worker.
The room was very clean. The sheets weren't dirty either (big concern for me). But I am also assuming because the Jacuzzi room is more expensive than regular rooms.
To Sum It All Up
Be prepared to be judged by the workers there and lookout for the strange(funny) people occupying the rooms. But the place was clean/quiet and once you have your privacy you can enjoy the time there.
P.S definitely NOT for a family stay.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi rooms are more expensive but are used less, which means cleaner sheets, tubs, and bathroom...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TylarXX
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Truely abhorrent experience.

Cab ride to motel the driver was laughing at the idea of us staying at this place! First indication. Apparently we were in the murder city of NY. Arrived outside motel-no joke-pimp shining his escalade and right beside motel was a junkyard and NO subway and NO people outside in this neighbourhood. THIS is the prostitution hotspot at night with an industrial abyss of self-storage units and alleys behind Oasis. Upon entering, the building there is NO lobby but rather a bullet-proof-like glass panel between us and the staff. We did not check-in and the staff member was completely unphased by us showing up and not wanted to stay and wanted to know the process of canceling our reservation (which we booked online). Anyway, the call centre (mistake in itself) claimed they had to cancel the reservation for us and had to contact the manager of the motel who was conviently unavailable EVERY time. MISREPRESENTED, call centre was hanging up on our calls as they attempted to cancel our reservation which they NEVER did and so currently we're fighting the charged the full amount. S-W-I-N-D-L-E-D

Why are online hotel booking companies supporting this awful motel? Where no one is accountable? A PIMP HOUSE? How this motel even got 1 1/2 stars is truely a joke.

BY ALL ACCOUNTS DO NOT STAY HERE. I'm used to checking out reviews for places to stay and taking some reviews in account and not taking some but this is one place that unless you're looking specifically for a SUPER SKETCHY motel then DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends