“Customer Service. What's That?”
Review of Piece of Velvet

Piece of Velvet
Ranked #94 of 129 Dessert in Brooklyn
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Running a company and professionalism go hand in hand, clearly something you guys have yet to grasp! CUSTOMER SERVICE? Do you know what that is? I would think because you are a small business, that tending to customers would be a priority but today I definitely found out different! I don't care how good of a cake you make...you should always handle your customers accordingly! You people are the reason black people shouldn't own businesses. Not to stereotype but it never fails. After having my mom call and confirming that cupcakes we had ordered prior on livingsocial.com would be available for next day pick up, she traveled all the way from Jersey, to wait 4 hours and repeatedly be told the cupcakes would be available at multiple different times...however, never receiving them! Cupcakes that we were going to celebrate with for my littles brothers party. And after waiting all these hours, all they had to say was go on the website and get a refund! REALLY? Maybe because we didn't order directly, Piece of Velvet felt we weren't a priority and our order wasn't of importance but a purchase is a purchase. Promotion or not. And every customer should be treated as equal.

2  Thank MalaysiaC

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Now I'm convinced that piece of velvet is where you buy your next cake. You don't have to take my word for it try it yourself. Move over Cakeman.