“Wonderful rooms, grotty lobby and breakfast room.”
Review of Park House Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brooklyn
Park House Hotel
Ranked #35 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times.
The good.....It huge rooms, most being suites. well furnished, and tastefully decorated. The a/c units really need some work, and a little coffee and tea etc. would have made it perfect. I would easily say that I could rate these rooms in lower to medium 4 star hotel range.

The rest of the hotel is just grotty. you feel that your in a 2 star minus establishment. The breakfast has improved over the years, were it used to be a horror story, its now quite decent, but in no way up to par with decent hotels.

Service is not to bad, and being in a residential area sleep quality was good.

All in all I found that the huge rooms make a worthwhile stay, with restaurant in abundance in the area, no reason to worry about breakfast.

Room Tip: Suites are very well appointed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank savytravel99

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I travel for my business and stayed in many hotels. This hotel was by far..the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Room wasn't ready so they put me in a suite (for an extra charge). No coffee in the room. When I asked, they brought me a hot water pot and an open jar of Nescafe coffee. Nothing in the kitchen - no glasses, cups, silverware, paper towel...nothing. Wall air conditioner units. Didn't work in bedroom. No blow dryer or iron. When I called for one at 6am, the man told me I had to come down to the lobby to get it. Breakfast is served in the basement. When I took the elevator down, I thought at first I was in the wrong place. Looked like an old storage basement. Then I found the door to the breakfast area. Scary.

The only thing good I can say is that they were nice. But not nice enough to make up for lack of amenities.

Would NEVER stay there again.
Renee

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Renee T
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We decided to spend a couple of days in my old neighborhood of Boro Park. This hotel was very conveniently located, and although it is frequented primarily by observant Jews, which we are not, we felt comfortable and welcome. The room was clean and roomy, with a kitchenette and refrigerator. I have never seen a more spotless bathroom in a hotel. The free breakfast was really amazing, fresh fruit salad, other salads, cheese, omelet, waffles, great coffee, and many other items. We often have trouble with hotel breakfasts as we are Muslim and do not eat pork. We felt very happy that we could get a wonderful start to the day with this appealing spread. Thank you for making us feel welcome.

Room Tip: It's Brooklyn, so it's noisy. Close the windows and run the AC
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marie A
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We occupied a suite which was very roomy.
Very clean. Hotel is well maintained.
Front desk personnel couldn't have been more helpful in meeting all our needs, and answering all questions about where to find items in the neighborhood.
Breakfast was included and was delicious and more than adequate.
Highly recommended, especially for observant Jews.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bobfried
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The staff was very helpful, and the room was large. The staff was caring and made a large city feel manageable to a visitor. Room was big and quiet. Very non-corporate and personal. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We booked and stayed for our vacation from hamburg to NY 12 days journey

The booking process was very friendly and great service easy and fast.

The rooms are realy nice and big great shower and bath amenities kitchen was great service extremely freindly and pleasent always there to help us with a smile clean and comfortable

Full breakfest and graet food.

We definitely will stay there again for our next vacation highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I recently attempted to reserve a room at this hotel having heard so many great things about it on Trip Advisor! Initially, someone from the hotel was in touch with me (Judy Zee), and provided me with a quote for our stay (25th-29th April). Unfortunately, our last received email from their 'Reservations Department', dated April 2nd, was the last time we heard from them! Despite having sent our credit card information to them and an additional 4 emails, we have had no replies. We have since booked elsewhere. Absolutely no one has been in touch. Really disappointing!

Stayed: April 2014
ParkHouseHotelBklyn, Owner at Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Please accept our apologies for the lack of communication regarding your booking and mishandling of it. We have taken measures to prevent this from happening again. We strive to satisfy our guests in all aspects of their stay, and we regret that our oversight has caused you inconvenience. We value all comments from our guests, and take them under careful consideration as we determine where we can improve and provide the best service for our valued customers. Thank you for your review.