“Worth the value”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

JWLPC
North Carolina
“Beware!!!!”
Reviewed 23 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

This property owner was very elusive about this property when I first rented it. I asked several times was the property private as "a shared kitchen and door that leads from the bedroom to the outside that provided more privacy from other guests" was mentioned in the 3 paragraph details. I wanted to be clear that I would not be sharing an apartment with anyone but have the full use of the property. The owner would only say that my payment was protected but never saying "yes" the apartment in private each time I asked. Upon arriving, we discovered the place was not private and the owner was rude and extremely sarcastic. The place is not well-kept and the neighborhood is the "gutter" (the owner's words). I truly believe he may have had hidden cameras or something that was not appropriate because he kept making very sarcastic comments and never wanted to say the word "private" as if even if I was crazy enough to share an apartment in NY with total strangers, the bedroom with the locked door would still not be totally private. Even though he stated two times that my payment was protected he refused my refund but my credit card company is the best and stopped payment!!! Please see link below as proof of him not answering my messages two times when asked about the place being private but only mentioning the payment was protected. I was only there for 10 minutes but he really thought he would keep my money for 2 nights...really unfair!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
16 May 2016
To all potential guest. Please read my reply and don't believe the claims of this person.

This person never stayed at the apartment, and everything this person said is a lie, I showed her the apartment. The apartment had no other guests in the apartment. The apartment was for her and her group alone. Everything was private for her. . I do not know what else I could have done to convince her the apartment was private.

She continued to question if the apartment was private.

I believe she had some mental issue. Maybe bipolar disorder. She looked very strange. Her hair looked like she hadn't combed it in days , and she smelled badly. She was definitely paranoid about everything. I don't really know what her issue was. But something was wrong with her.

No other guest I have encountered has ever questioned if the apartment was private. Especially when they were standing in an empty and private apartment. But reality didn't matter to her.

I don't use this website as often as I use other websites. I have many other review on other websites.

I'm surprised and disappointed that TripAdvisor allowed someone to slander a host by posting obvious false statements, since TripAdvisor has the records of other guests, that all had a private apartment.

They said everyone is entitled to there opinion. Ok, This is mine. The person had some mental issue and it was to much trouble for TripAdvisor to research with my other guests to confirm the apartment is truly private. Also, I am not responsible for someone's mental issues.
Erlonsa
Boston, Massachusetts
“Worth the value”
Reviewed 16 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Good size apartment and clean, things work well. The owner was an attentive host. The area has markets, and it is easy to get there.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Willymom2...
“Would do this again”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Great way to spend a few nights on the city. Host was very accommodating with directions, suggestions for places to eat and ensnare left us stay for a late checkout since his other tenent wasn't arriving until the next day !!!!! Friendly neighborhood. Kitchen was sparse with dishes but that didn't bother us we ate out most meals. Would defiantly stay here again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing