“Great lunch”
Review of The Custom House

The Custom House
Ranked #20 of 260 Nightlife in Brooklyn
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My New York friends brought me here because Janet's brother lives nearby and they like the place. I would agree that the food was good, service was excellent. The large bar and drink menu made it inviting to want to return to just have some drinks and appetizers.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit, along with attending the company dinner.

The dinner entree was delish! (Most ended up ordering the same)

Dessert: The Flourless Chocolate Cake- Delish!!!!

NY Style Strawberry Cheesecake- Yumny!
Suggestion: Ask for the strawberry on the side. I tried some of the strawberry on the chocolate cake, taste was superb!

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We spent most of New Years here drinking (although a little expensive) the drinks were good. Cocktails were strong! Food was good. Great place to have a few drinks if you’re looking for a bar near the Brooklyn end of the bridge. (We tried two others and they were very ordinary!)

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Friendly local place on Montague street. Family friendly environment and great burgers. They have tv screens with sports. Mostly soccer

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 April 2017

I stopped into Customs House recently for a quick beer and saw the bartender being beyond rude to some black customers... way beyond rude. Like, I'm a native New Yorker and know the difference between "rude-because-i'm-busy" and downright "your-kind-isn't-welcome-here!" racism. I didn't even finish my beer I was so disgusted, I walked out and will never go back. It's shameful to see more and more of these kind discriminatory of bars in NYC. If I could give this place a -5 rating I would.