“Great service for a cheap price in the heart of Brooklyn!”

Comfort Inn Brooklyn City Center
Ranked #52 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Spain
“Great service for a cheap price in the heart of Brooklyn!”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Danny exemplifies what a manager should do, he understands his customers needs and takes action. A great stay with a clean room in a good location.

For the people complaining...if you pay $600 for a room you expect a certain level of comfort, service and care. If you pay $100 for a hotel in the center of Brooklyn you have to understand what you get. I know what everyone wants, a $100 room in the center of Manhattan at the Four Seasons. This is a damn good deal for the price you pay and some great service as well.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Nicochico

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

It would be really easy to be very critical of this motel. It is well off the beaten trail and deep within a black neighbourhood and on first impressions is a hotel that you would take one look at and then turn trail and run; I almost did! However this is a basic community MOTEL!

This isn't a tourist motel or location. Therefore if you come with those expectations you are going to be very disappointed. However if you have friends or family in Brooklyn then you will already be acclimatised to the community and therefore feel able to use this motel as the extra bedroom in your friends house it is.

The common parts are shabby with the high security reception being a low point. The tea and coffee area is poor and uninviting. The rooms are clean and meet the standard of the average 2 star travelodge, although someone was smoking in my room before I got it so out with the Febreze, provided care of the handy mini mark across the road.

There is a nice dinner also opposite the motel which has good food and company. The Dunkin' Donuts is on the other corner and seem popular.

Brooklyn is a transport blackhole if you aren't driving. That said the 46 bus stops outside and has a frequent service. We walk to the subway which is about 20 mins from the motel. It is about 40 mins on the subway to manhattan downtown.

I stay here as part of a family group with a number of rooms. Judging this over the 6 rooms we had it was fine. We have releatives in the immediate area so after an initial rush of 5 star panic, it turned out ok. Given the choice between here and bunking down in someone spare room or pull out sofa, here wins hands down. Basic needs met but not my first choice for my tourist visit.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank KMgibbs

Travellers are raving about these Brooklyn hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 January 2012

If you are looking for an affordable option to expensive Manhattan try this very cute, clean and professionally run Park Slope hotel. Room is small but immaculate, updated and very friendly. Rate includes a very decent breakfast served in a warm and intimate breakfast room on first floor. Cannot beat this for value.
Only negative is that hotel allows smoking on certain floors. Make sure to avoid those floors.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Raynard3
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We spent 3 nights in this motel. Fridge did not work and was never repaired.Spent two nights afraid that someone would burst through the door. Lots or loud talking and cussing late at night.No adequate parking sign posted on sidewalk warns "park at your own risk."During day
sidewalks very congested with repairmen from the auto shop next door soliciting repair work. We were charged for out stay when we walked in. If you wish to enjoy your stay in New York
do not stay in this place

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank 18Wannabe18
bermuda
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights and I was expecting the worst. The reviews on TripAdvisor had led me to believe that it would not be a good experience. However, it was fine.THe area was safe surrounding the hotel, the hotel was clean, the staff was extremely helpful. I would most definetely stay there again when my travels give cause for me to be in Brooklyn and Manhattan. The busstop outside the hotel takes you straight to the mall. The cultural diversity was interesting and I found all the people I came into contact with in the neighbourhoods, restaurants, bus, etc to be most helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank MarthaBermuda
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 3 September 2011

We spend two nights at this The best thing was the location
We left some things in the room and it was not returned to us even though we try so hard.
Be careful with your things.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Patrick S
Trinidad
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I really did not want to write this review without the pics because I doubted you would believe it without. Before I went to the Howard Johnson I read the reviews but I like to believe in the good so it's my own fault. I read the reviews about the bullet-proof looking glass at the reception... TRUE! The first I've ever seen that at a hotel and I assure you that makes you wonder if gunshots will follow (trust me, read on here). I read about the stale breakfast and the unwanted guests from the neighbourhood coming in to join in yours. Again true. Thank goodness for the same doughnuts fresher across the street and a couple of blocks down. I read about the smelly carpet but they were being awfully kind in those reviews. Think stinky feet of 12 vagabonds although my room was cleaned (even of loose change) everyday. But the real shocker folks comes now. One night the rain fell pretty hard. As I lay in bed looking at the tele I wondered why the curtain was moving. Curious, I went to look. There in front of me covered by the drapes were what looks dreadfully like two bullet holes in the window pane in my bedroom! I took pics and you can be the judge as soon as I can download. For the money I paid (because the hotel is not cheap on any site) oh please! Never again! Dont bother to call the front desk, they dont answer. Try not to make the complimentary coffee, the machine doesnt work. Oh yeah, the good thing is that there is a bus stop right in front so you can get the hell outta there fast!

Room Tip: Scarface, anyone?