“Wonderful customer support”

Comfort Inn Brooklyn City Center
Ranked #55 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at your hotel August 8 - 10, 2014 and I must say I was truly impressed with your staff. I want to apoligize because I didn't get the name of the some of them.
Your employees Steinmann, Isaac, the African American lady in the dining area, the young lady who was a housekeeper that weekend, and the light skinned female at the front desk was wonderful. I am so sorry I didn't get the names of the ladies.
But I want to assure that the service was excellent. I will refer your hotel, and yes I will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Louise W

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Very clean Motel , with very friendly staff . Rooms have everything you need , we stayed here for 4 nights , a bit far out of the city , but the busses run past quite often , and the metro is about a 20 minute walk away .Not the best area in New York , but the people around are very friendly and helpfull , dont be put off . All in all quite a pleasent stay .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank elaine b
Reviewed 14 July 2013

beautiful clean hotel, friendly staff, lots of places to choose from to eat, love the transportation, my family and i just love motel 6· we stayed there in april 2012 for 7 days and then in December for 10 days, both experiences were great and every time we travel to new york we are going to stay there·

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nicole g
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The place is in good and clean condition, but the area is probably the worst in New York. The traffic honks all night long. And I was afraid to get back to the hotel when dark, It's a big sacrifice of the area for the cheaper price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adrianstevan
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Having read revies I was a little concerned however it was for one night only and we would only be there for a few hours as was at a nearby function and had an early flight the next morning. On arrival looking at the outside of the building it looked quite new and much better than I anticipated, the reception though was not exactly the most welcoming reception in the world actually I have never ever stayed in a hotel where the reception people grettng you use a microphone to speak to you as behind bullet proof glass ! lukcily the rest of the lobby was nice and we actually laughed as strangle enough it didnt put us totally off as the street was OK, very busy, lobby nice and friendly staff so OK its Brooklyn bullet proof glass it is. Although no other hotel in Brooklyn I have stayed in has ever had this. Bed very comfortable have to say.
Just make sure you request a room away from the lift as ours was next door to it and boy was it noise and this hotel is used by people going out at night so there is a lot of action all through the night so rather noisy. Luckily for is being up at 4am to leave for the airport meant we didnt have to suffer throughout the evening.

Car park is so small, narrow, cannot turn a car around so have to reverse all the way out and for some reason people cannot park, if they could you would have got more cars in.

All in all for the price is was fine and actually better than I had expected. Wouldnt make it a base for a holiday at all but for 1 night pre flight departure or on arrival it was OK.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room away from the lift as it is way too noisy
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travel_happy22
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Being from brooklyn and returning for a visit after 15 years, it wasn't bad. The bus was right outside as soon as you walk out the front door. Places to eat and shop was in walking distance. Mike's Diner on the other corner was a great place to eat. I thought that the room would've came with a microwave but, it didn't. They didn't serve breakfast which was a shock with the daily rate i paid. They had a bussines center to check emails. The room was nice could be a little up dated flat screens in the lobby, but not in the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank marilynshep
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This motel is in the heart of Brooklyn. The fully enclosed and secured front desk was the first sign that this place going to be interesting. The common areas seemed dingy and a little out dated.

The clerk was barley audible behind his security glass even with the speaker. I had asked about parking since there was only about 15 spots for the hole hotel with VERY LITTLE room to maneuver around in the back lot, it took us 5 minutes to back up into the spot since it's so tight and small.

When I asked if there was a AAA rate available the clerk stated that I already had a discounted rate which was almost $139 plus taxes bumping it up to almost $160. When i looked at the notice posted on the wall afterward the rate card stated the rates were exactly what I paid so I doubt that I had a discounted rate.

The room seemed to be cleaned OK, the toilet paper roll holder was about ready to fall off the wall and the toilet seat was ready to come off with one wrong move. There was a sign on the door that stated "for your protection, while in room engage the security deadbolt" BUT that deadbolt lock did not move when I tried to turn it. At least it had a chain. There was a safe like most hotels have but this one was not secured to anything... It was just sitting on the floor and could be moved and picked up easily, but it was better than nothing.

Overall I think it was a bit expensive for the area, type of motel and internal quality and would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators when getting rooms, don't be afraid to ask for what you want!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple