“Excellent Neighborhood Restaurant”

Luz
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Myrtle Ave.
Reviewed 23 October 2013

If you are looking for good food, reasonably priced and attentive service, Luz is your place. Luz is a Peruvian restaurant known best for their rotisserie chicken. Taco Tuesday is also a favorite with the locales. David is always friendly and remembers everyone's name.

1  Thank Ness H

Reviewed 25 February 2013

One night while laying around watching tv, I had a sudden taco craving. I went on Seamless, searched for tacos, and this place came up. Luz is not a Mexican spot, but they happened to be having "Taco Tuesday". I saw they had tres leches, so I ordered that too. Tres leches is one of my favorite desserts so I am always sampling different restaurants' versions. It's tough finding a version I like. I had the food delivered. Went for tacos first. They were pretty good. Not the best, but definitely not the worst. The tacos came with rice and beans and of course I had my tres leches. I don't know what they seasoned the rice and beans with, but it was magical. Yes, I said magical. The tres leches? The BEST I have ever had in my life. I have sampled many versions in many different cities and countries. Homemade...upscale restaurants...neighborhood restaurants. None of them measure up the Luz version. After telling some friends about my surprisingly awesome delivery experience, we decided to check this place out in person. The restaurant is small, dimly lit, sleek and modern with a projector playing old tour/performance videos. Michael Jackson, Madonna, Billy Joel, etc. Loved that! The Salmon al Pimienton was amazing. The presentation was beautiful. The staff was very attentive, accommodating, and friendly. Everyone I have taken there has gone back and taken other friends. The tres leches is still the most talked about dish, but everyone has other menu favorites as well. Such a happy accident. Went looking for tacos, and ended up finding a wonderful little spot with authentic latin food and the best tres leches ever. If you aren't a tres leches fan, the deconstructed key lime is another dessert that will never let you down:-)

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Found this little restaurant a while ago,very relaxed atmosphere and I dine there often. The food is good, and worth every dollar. The staff is nice,with fast service. The skirt steak and the Chicken are great menu items, they open for lunch and dinner. Any one I've taken there love it and always return. Once saw Malik Yoba there.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

food was good. not the best. they delivered twice and it was a bit mushy and okay. nothing to rave about. maybe it would be better if i sat in the restaurant. maybe....

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Ate dinner here as we were looking for something latin in this part of New York (or Brooklyn). Nuevo Latino was the perfect idea to combine latin flavors and something with a little ambiance and somewhat more upscale than your usual taco joint.

Althought the mood and ambiance weren't as jammin' as we'd thought it would be by looking at the website and that the crowd wasn't as hip as we thought it would be, lights were dimmed, music was OK, food was very interesting and super flavorful and bartender was friendly enough and did very good drinks.

Chicken is always recommended, fried balls of pulled pork also, just like the drinks. Fried sea bass was good but lacked spices or a little somethin'. We don't recommend the mashed potatoes however.

Prices are OK (or very good if you consider you can easily split the app and the chicken is cheap.