This is a perfect hotel if you don´t wish to pay the high rates of a room in Manhattan.
The hotel itself is really close to the Union Street underground station. From there you can take the line R to go to the centre of Manhattan. There are a few off license shops around, and a few restaurants, but I would not say it is a lively area anyway.
The rooms are not too big, but definitely more spacious than the ones in London. The bed was huge size and we had space enough to leave our luggage, so it worked pretty well for us. The bathroom was OK, and the toiletries were replaced on a daily basis. Since our room was on the ground floor (on the street level and in the same floor as the breakfast room) we initially thought that we would have a lot of noise, however, this was not the case.
However, the best for me was the fact that the breakfast is included in the rate, which makes life much easier. There was a pancake machine, cereals, bagels, hot dishes (bacon, eggs, mushroom,...), fruit and all kind of coffees and juices.
All in all, I would not say this is a great hotel, but it is a good option in case you don´t want to spend that much money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn NY, the obvious and affordable alternative to Manhattan hotels is conveniently located in the heart of Brooklyn. Walking distance to a plethora of restaurants, lounges, shopping and Government and corporate offices, Long Island University, Navy Yard, Coney Island, Brooklyn Academy of Music, Brooklyn Bridge, and Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. This 115-room property with superior customer service is located in the historic Park Slope section of Brooklyn, NY. The hotel is a recently opened IHG property. Our pet friendly hotel features include Jacuzzi rooms, complimentary deluxe breakfast buffet, free wireless high speed Internet access and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning, featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and hot items rotated daily. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Additional features include a self-service business center and limited self-parking (at an affordable fee). Steps away from Union Street Subway Station and walking distance to Metro Tech Government Offices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn Hotel Brooklyn
- Brooklyn Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Brooklyn
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn New York