“Wonderful Experience”

Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn
Ranked #37 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

During my stay at the Holiday Inn I had a wonderful time . The staff , the area , and the people were amazing . One paticular person who stood out was a gentleman by the name of Terrance Carpenter who I believe is the manager. He was kind , patient and very attentive. The service was Perfect and I was very happy.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Czech first
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My stay was amazing! I felt like the staff, especially the manager Mr. Carpenter, took a genuine interest in my happiness. Whenever I needed something or had a question staff moved quickly and efficiently. The rooms were nice and the bathrooms spotless. I didn't spend alot on the room and appreciated the continental breakfast! I would definitely go again.

• Stayed July 2014
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel and I felt like i was home from the moment i was greeted when I walked through the door. The lobby was clean and inviting, The front desk agent (yani) was very polite and assisted me with all of my needs. The rooms were bigger than expected and the mattress was very comfortable. The best part was the free breakfast. It was buffet style and they had a wide variety of food. To top it off you can actually meet the Management team during breakfast, from the GM (Brandon Ward), the chief Engineer (Tony Pierce) and the person in charge of room cleanliness (Maria Rodriguez). There are restaurants and bars all around so you will never get bored and there is a subway station on the same block as the hotel so navigating around the city is very easy. Needless to say These people found a way to bring the quality of a Manhattan hotel to Brooklyn. I look forward to staying there again whenever I am in town.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The rooms were clean and the staff was nice enough.
We asked the front desk to call a cab to take us to Penn Station. They called a car service instead. We did not have time to send the car away and wait for a cab especially since the driver left us in the car and went into the hotel for a few minutes. We ended up paying twice as much as we would if we had taken a cab. When a person asks for a cab....that's what they want.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Brandon W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to discuss your stay. We are disappointed that your experience regarding a car service wasn't pleasurable. The benefit of taking a car service is that they will charge a flat fee regardless of traffic. Also, the cars and drivers are nicer than cabs. It has also been our experience that they are cheaper than cabs most of the time. We hope that you come back and stay with us moving forward.
Orange Mound
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here 1 night on 6-23-14... I booked a 1 king bed room, I arrived early and no king beds were ready so I opted for 2 double beds and it worked out find. Kirsten @ the front desk was great upon check in. Free bottled water.... The air conditioning was great, the housekeeping crew were good. It is within 2 minutes of the R train in the Brooklyn neighborhood of Park Slope. Check-out was @ noon, I requested a 1pm check out and it was easily granted. Good shower head, really hot water from the shower and the bathroom sink. Good wifi signal. Room had iron and ironing board. I got this room on www.hotels.com for a total of: $108.87.

Room Tip: There is only 1 computer in the business center.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank OrangeMoundGuy
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Free breakfast was not very good but it was free so if you're trying to save money it's definitely helpful. Also the free wifi didn't work very well. The staff was very nice and accommodating to our requests for extra towels and other supplies. Hotel common areas and our room was very clean and well kept.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Amanda K,

Thank you for leaving us a candid review. It is hugely motivating that you acknowledged the service you received from our staff. Your wonderful comments will be a reward for their hard work. I am however, disappointed to read that the WiFi connectivity was a let down and that the breakfast selections were not to your liking. Your feed back is greatly appreciated as this is our best resource for improvement.

Should your future travels bring you back to Brooklyn, we would love to welcome you back when you can enjoy all the amenities.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Antonio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is what was the guest house on Ft. Hamilton in Brooklyn at the Verrazano Bridge. It has been renovated and is quite comfortable and reasonably priced, if you have access to the military installation which is required. It is secure and parking is plentiful. The room is what you expect from Holiday Inn and of course they provide breakfast every morning, complimentary. Priority Club members get a special welcome.

Room Tip: Rooms are hard to come by here so booking early is essential. Many retired military who visit NYC wi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo