“Hotel Le Bleau is Hotel Le Tinkled Pink for me!”
Review of Hotel Le Bleu

Hotel Le Bleu
Ranked #16 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
New Westminster, Canada
“Hotel Le Bleau is Hotel Le Tinkled Pink for me!”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I Love it! My driver found it easily, friendly folks at 8AM in the morning. Storage for my stuff and easy directions to the metro started off my day well. A bit of a bottle neck at 3 for my proper check in but not due to hotel staff ;-). Cool, Cute, Friendly and Clean were my first impressions and thats just Entrance to my front door. The room itself was just as the photos online! I requested a high floor and thats what I got. Took a tour and some photos before trying the bed....OMGoodness best bed ever, if I could of packed it in my suitcase it would of come back home with me! Le Bleu was near everything and was convenient. The staff was knowledeable, free breakfast a plus, all you need in the hotel room from robe, slippers and safe, plus coffee, snacks etc. They booked my car service for my trip back to the airport and even changed it on the fly when I was ready to go early. As a modern hotel if you are shy and travelling with friends the open bathroom and shower take a little getting used to but I did better with it than my friend who was staying with me. My last day was torrential rain and surprise they had an umbrella for me to borrow. What can I say the hotel, its staff is amazing!

Room Tip: Just ask in advance for what you want, we were facing the street but with the window closed I heard...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Unusual building in an unusual location, truly an oasis. Very modern and comfortable decor. Beds are totally yummy, pillows plush, sheets very clean and white. Toilets are a little loud as are the hallway doors. Morning food, delivered promptly, was delicious. Coffee pot in room very functional. Snacks and mini bar offerings substantial. Shower was very spacious and well appointed.
The true highlight was the outdoor bar and restaurant. Anthony, the manager, regaled us with rock and roll trivia and sang a multitude of songs for us. The food and drinks were well prepared, but it was the panoramic view of Manhattan and Brooklyn that totally charmed our group. I haven't had the urge to dance spontaneously to Italian ditties for years. So, my nephew obliged me, and we danced on the rooftop in Brooklyn!

Room Tip: Stay on the west facing side to see the Statue of Liberty (in the distance)
1 Thank Cathy E
hotellebleu_gm, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you, Cathy E from Kansas City .... from the bottom of our tired feet !!
We couldn't have said it better!

We strive to provide excellent accommodations, that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

See you at the Spa !!!
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We too were one of the many people who showed up at the hotel only to be informed that we could not use a debit card (visa) to stay at the hotel. Even tho we had booked it in Jan. with this same card, they are telling us we now need a "Credit Card". Not only could we not get into our room but they would not get us a refund so we could go elsewhere, so we ended up borrowing a card from the friends we were visiting , how embarrassing ! The internet never worked, the lounge and dining area was unavailable (according to their website) but we found out on our last night that is was in fact open, they just never bothered to update the website so anyone would know. So it was a "word of mouth". THe hotel is in a very ugly location between a busy taxi station and a pep boys auto repair store. It is not in the beautiful park slope neighborhood you think its going to be in. There is on ice machine or vending machine so if you get thirsty its a cab ride or severall blocks to a bar or store. The key cards would never work in the elevator and someone from the lobby had to jump in and fix it almost every time we rode the elevator. Also when we checked in (finally) the woman checking us in informed us , NO PARTYS!! my sister and I are both in our 60's. This women was very rude. Anyway the hotel itself is very pretty, clean , and nicely priced,,,,however the hotel is poorly managed and the staff rude at times. what a shame.

1 Thank bwebb12
Thank you for feedback about a first visit to Hotel Le Bleu. While stringent, our credit card policy is clearly indicated throughout our entire website & reservation process, whether online or calling the hotel direct.

We're proud to be part of the Park Slope community that is under metamorphosis each month. We recognize these descriptions to be true if looking down from all of our rooms and balconies... and the impact of these first impressions are lasting.

However, while we strive to work harder to deliver excellent services to all our guests, that is both warm and relaxed, we sincerely apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your feedback makes it all worth it for our areas to improve.
Wilton, California
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This was our third time staying here. we have been to other hotels in NYC including the Helmsley. The staff at Hotel le Bleu are so friendly, personable,knowledgeable and eager to help. Just a couple of blocks from the subway. We especially loved Roberto! He knew what we needed before we even had to ask. If you need ideas of dinner spots or local attractions he's your guy. Everytime we return from a day out in the city it felt like we were returning home to family. The staff makes it their mission to ensure that every guest has what they need for a pleasant stay at the hotel and a wonderful time in NYC! This is our hotel everytime we return to NYC!

Room Tip: the rooms facing the back of the hotel hasd no road noise.
1 Thank Cali-Mama0366
Thank you, Cali-Mama from Wilton, CA...

We strive to provide excellent accommodations, especially to our "out of town" repeat visitors from the West Coast. We strive to exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest.

Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Clean,stylish. Great service and near the N and F trains.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
hotellebleu_gm, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, 12 May 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We live in the neighborhood and have had occasion to stay at various area hotels. Le Bleu is the best buy far. Large, well appointed rooms. Nice views. Great staff. The other hotels in the area do not compare.

1 Thank BrooklynShep
hotellebleu_gm, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you from the bottom of our Park Slope " heart " !! We love to hear the positive feedback about a local visit to Hotel Le Bleu. We recognize the impact of first impressions, and we strive to work harder to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed. Your feedback makes it all worth it
Mt. Vernon, IA
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Hotel Le Bleu was a great experience. The room was most comfortable (the bed was the best!) and the staff totally responsive to my needs and wants! I will stay there again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank kabostwick
Thank you Kabostwick from Mt. Vernon, IA so much for your positive feedback about a first visit to Hotel Le Bleu. We recognize the impact of first impressions, and we strive to work harder to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed. Your feedback makes it all worth it