“Best Customer Service We've Experienced!!!”
Review of Hotel Le Bleu

Hotel Le Bleu
Ranked #16 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best Customer Service We've Experienced!!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Loved this hotel!! The room was only two blocks away from a subway station, the R-train which will take you anywhere in NYC. The rooms are very cool, very modern and trendy. And very blue. But by far the best part of the hotel is the customer service. It was crazy how overly nice every single employee was. Henry who helped us with our bags, and Audrey and Darius at the front desk were more than helpful, along with every other employee we encountered at the front desk. Definitely worth looking into if you are planning on staying in Brooklyn! Two thumbs up!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NicoleOrtega
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Turkish first
Danville, California
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We wanted to stay in Brooklyn while visiting one of our children and wanted something different. The location on 4th ave is inauspicious--between Pep Boys and a yellow cab depot. Stores and restaurants are on 5th. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room about what we expected. We enjoyed a long evening on the rooftop bar watching the sunset over Lower Manhattan and the upper harbor--spectacular and unusual.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors and western view.
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Nice place to stay in Park Slopes, walking distance to great restaurants and shopping. Close to train stations. Front desk gals were extremely helpful. Rooms are really nice and spacious! You can even request a room with a private balcony. Nice complimentary welcome basket in my room upon arrival!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Excellent location if your travel plans include Park Slope....Brooklyn in general or lower Manhattan! There is a Metro station just a few blocks from the hotel. My room was very nice and clean and the king-size bed was superb! The room was on the second floor (view of 4th Avenue) but there are rooms with balconies and those which overlook the river and Manhattan - stunning if you don't mind paying a higher rate. They offer a basic (but quality) complimentary breakfast, delivered to your room at your requested time; that is a PLUS! There is a rooftop bar and restaurant with outdoor seating. Their menu looked great along with the Happy Hour pricing however I did not eat there (if only the rain had stopped). Overall, it is comfy, quiet spot to get a great nights sleep....with a large funky glass shower in the room and a unique blue light which streaks across the headboard of the bed.

Room Tip: I can only say that I was concerned about possible noise from 4th Avenue being on the second floor...
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We have stay here before and have had a good experiences.
We came in to town for the Brooklyn half marathon and the staff could not have been friendlier.
Henry and Amanda were great, they went above and beyond and had my breakfast to me by 5 am before my race.
The whole staff rocked and we will be back this summer
Great location for walking to restaurants and bars
Great access to trains also.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I reserved a room here with a trusted phone app that I use often. When I arrived I pulled into one of the limited free parking spaces which was cool. I was cheerfully greeted and given a room right above the front desk area. Shortly after settling in I started to hear loud conversations next door, as someone else indicated the walls appear to be very thin-might as well have a screen...I called down and asked to be moved thinking it was just loud people. They said they couldn't move me because the manager was out and they needed permission. Soon after, the floor under me and the desk I was sitting at started vibrating badly. Apparently there is an air conditioning unit that cools the lobby right under my room. I asked again for them to move me. they resisted again, and sent up a Bellman to confirm the vibrations and he too felt it and said he was sorry and would turn the unit off. Well that didn't help because its on a thermostat and still turned on. So finally I called customer service at the Application I used.

They called the hotel and asked them to move me to another room. So they finally did. Only to find that this room was in horrible disrepair and the bottom of the barrel probably the last room they would sell if they were sold out.

No vibrations this time, but there were stains on the carpets everywhere, the glass bedside lamp was cracked, the veneer was peeling on the desk The TV would not work-complicated Dish system-Bellman had to come up again. I wanted to take a shower and they don't have soap instead they have hanging locked tubes of shampoo, conditioner and body wash. I went to use the body wash and it was completely empty, I had to use shampoo to wash up...

They serve a continental Breakfast in flat take out boxes and you have to hang a card on the door, although I indicated for two people and delivery at 9:45, they knocked on the door at 9:00, woke me and had packed bkfst. for only one. you have to make your own coffee...

There was a lot of street noise from cars and trucks even at the back of the hotel which has an ugly view of a U-Haul parking lot, the curtains do not block out the sun well, and the heavy metal doors slam like a thunderous bang when people just let them close on their own...the tiles on the shower floor were cracked and sharp under foot, Ac panel was broken....Sadly these overshadowed some of the great design elements and touches in the room.

When I spoke to John,the General Manager the next morning, he was indifferent & rude, He basically indicated that they save the crappy rooms for the discounted rates and that I should lower my standards since I secured such a good deal online. That the room was worth far more than what I paid. And these are the rooms they give for the reduced rates...

I was really disappointed in his attitude and unwillingness to take responsibility. I wasn't looking for anything more than a good explanation or an apology and I didn't get either of these.

Needless to say, I won't stay here again and cannot recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Wanderlust501
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 May 2013

not much to look at, but the rooms are clean and modern, and the staff was VERY nice and helpful. A little road noise from outside, but not too bad. try to get a room with a view of NY, rather than 4th Ave.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple