“Wonderful Weekend!”
Review of Hotel Le Bleu

Hotel Le Bleu
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I came to Brooklyn to visit our son. It is always difficult to find a place to stay that is within our budget and well appointed. Hotel Le Bleu does both. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and very clean, the beds are comfortable, and the goodies were delicious. The staff couldn't be nicer and more accommodating. They called cabs for us, gave us suggestions for where to eat (I need gluten-free and they came up with a choice), and made sure everything was done to make our stay enjoyable. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Katherine G
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel was excellent. It is a 5 minute taxi ride to the start line, via 4th Avenue to Union Street. Taxis were easy to grab on the avenue at 715 am...The room was well designed, new, clean and comfortable, there is Directv, and parking both at the drive up front lot or at an indoor overnight commercial lot which we used (cost $23) directly across the street. The staff held the room for our late arrival and greeted us warmly and with amenities as we walked in thru poring rain. We were able to order free breakfast which arrived fresh at 6:45am in a warm box. After our race, the staff was just as accomodating. We called to say that we were not able to get back for the check out at 12pm from Coney Island and they totally understood about the run and let us come back and change in our room at 1pm. That was totally cool and much appreciated. Thanks for taking care of us throught the stay. Well done Hotel Le Bleu!!

Room Tip: The double beds were comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DPSandDots
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Thank you to everyone at Hotel Bleu for making my one night stay so comfortable. This is a good hotel for the price, loved the breakfast and coffee. Great shower and comfy bed. Helped me with faxing at the desk and we're very accommodating. Thanks again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The big deal about this place -- when checking out, I was told that if I wrote a good review on TripAdvisor within a week, I would get a discount on the room. In other words, take what you read about this place with a grain of salt.

It was decent enough for a place to stay, but no where near good enough to be $300 a night.

I am a full time power wheelchair user and travel alone with my service dog. This place met my needs as far as the room and the shower were concerned. But, checking in with my service dog was a problem. They demanded that I show my "state issued paperwork" for my service dog. After several trips to consult with the manager, the clerk finally checked me in.

The room had enough room to easily maneuver my wheelchair though the bathroom door was a little tight. The refrigerator was stocked with very expensive goodies leaving no room for anything I brought. There is no microwave. There are no ice machines, you have to call for a bellman to bring some.

The "breakfast" was delivered at room temperature.

The bed was badly worn. I had to sleep in the middle for fear I'd roll off during the night if I slept near the side.

I must compliment the desk staff when I went out that evening. I asked for a taxi and they put forth a great amount of effort trying to get a wheelchair accessible taxi for me.

Would I stay here again? Yes, if it were half the price I paid.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We are extremely sorry to hear that your experience was less than excellent. We strive to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed. All feedback is necessary for us to continue to improve.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were accommodated by a booking agency on the last minute in this hotel. We certainly didn't expect something great, due to the beginning high season. But the hotel offered a nice and spacious room on the fifth floor. It was very tidy and provided a great view on the New York skyline. The breakfast is brought to the room, the baked goods are very good, but no fruits were provided. They also hand out free coffee and tea. There's no lounge or bar, but the neighbourhood is one of the most vibrant areas in New York. One definitely has to stroll down the 5th avenue, there great and quirky restaurants await you. The metro station is nearby and sufficient parking lots are provided on the hotel's premises. The staff is likeable but very young.

Room Tip: Go for west side terrace rooms for a great view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had a problem with t. v.
in my room and Henry was so
helpful and fixed it right away!!!
Staying in hotel for a month
so this was important. We will definitely be back!!!!!!
Love the place and Henry!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Nicely situated hotel in the heart of Brooklyn and Park Slope. Walking distance to many eateries and subway stops. From the moment we walked in, the staff - John, Henry, Tanya and Grrald - were very attentive, friendly and eager to help out with directions, recommendations etc. Great chic and boutiquey hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple