“Nice rooms...”
Review of Hotel Le Bleu

Hotel Le Bleu
Ranked #17 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very modern features. I stayed a number of nights in 2 different rooms. Both faced the front of the hotel - looking East, one had an outside balcony which was nice to step out onto. Rooms were comfortable and spacious. Included a small refrigerator. A boxed breakfast (choice of a few items - bagels, pastries, yogurt) were delivered to your room - nice touch. Not sure about any of the other amenities - or if there were any. Didn't have a chance to look around. Hotel is smallish, but close to a few subway stations, and perhaps a 10 min walk from Atlantic Terminal/Barclay Center.

Room Tip: Ask about a balcony/terrace room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We just left Hotel le Blue after being there for a week for my daughters college graduation. We had 2 rooms. BOTH were very nice. Had a modern feel to it. Clean, fresh, comfy. We enjoy the staff very much as they we incredibly helpful. The daily breakfast basket delivered to our room was just perfect as well as the coffee makers in the room made it really nice. (more and more hotels are not offering that anymore)

We travel frequently and stay many hotels at tripple the price and the Hotel Le Blue. And it was just as nice as any of those.

We will be back!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the top floor for a beautiful manhatten view!
1  Thank Rochelle C

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The white furnishings in our room were very modern. We were provided with bathrobes & slippers during our stay, which was nice. The bathroom is part of the bedroom (i.e., not in a separate room). The toilet is behind a frosted glass sliding door, & there is a large glass shower you can see in the bedroom, although there is a curtain you can use for privacy if you wish. You order what you'd like for your complimentary continental breakfast from a limited menu & choose a time when you'd like it delivered to your room. My husband & I ordered muffins & yogurt. The muffins appeared to be freshly baked & were hot when they were delivered to our room; the yogurt was Greek. There were a couple things that could be improved. In the elevator, there is no indication of what floor you're on (e.g., when the door opens), & there should be a directions plate for operating the European style shower. We couldn't figure out how to adjust the shower temperature as it was way too hot. I will say that when we called the front desk for help, a staff member came up immediately. Lastly, FYI, there is limited complimentary on-site parking - 15 parking spaces available on a 1st come, 1st served basis. We were pleasantly surprised when we got a parking spot! When I made the reservation, the person on the phone told me there was a fairly reasonably priced garage nearby, if all the spaces were taken.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fba5
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I came to Brooklyn to visit our son. It is always difficult to find a place to stay that is within our budget and well appointed. Hotel Le Bleu does both. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and very clean, the beds are comfortable, and the goodies were delicious. The staff couldn't be nicer and more accommodating. They called cabs for us, gave us suggestions for where to eat (I need gluten-free and they came up with a choice), and made sure everything was done to make our stay enjoyable. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Katherine G
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel was excellent. It is a 5 minute taxi ride to the start line, via 4th Avenue to Union Street. Taxis were easy to grab on the avenue at 715 am...The room was well designed, new, clean and comfortable, there is Directv, and parking both at the drive up front lot or at an indoor overnight commercial lot which we used (cost $23) directly across the street. The staff held the room for our late arrival and greeted us warmly and with amenities as we walked in thru poring rain. We were able to order free breakfast which arrived fresh at 6:45am in a warm box. After our race, the staff was just as accomodating. We called to say that we were not able to get back for the check out at 12pm from Coney Island and they totally understood about the run and let us come back and change in our room at 1pm. That was totally cool and much appreciated. Thanks for taking care of us throught the stay. Well done Hotel Le Bleu!!

Room Tip: The double beds were comfortable.
1  Thank DPSandDots
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Thank you to everyone at Hotel Bleu for making my one night stay so comfortable. This is a good hotel for the price, loved the breakfast and coffee. Great shower and comfy bed. Helped me with faxing at the desk and we're very accommodating. Thanks again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The big deal about this place -- when checking out, I was told that if I wrote a good review on TripAdvisor within a week, I would get a discount on the room. In other words, take what you read about this place with a grain of salt.

It was decent enough for a place to stay, but no where near good enough to be $300 a night.

I am a full time power wheelchair user and travel alone with my service dog. This place met my needs as far as the room and the shower were concerned. But, checking in with my service dog was a problem. They demanded that I show my "state issued paperwork" for my service dog. After several trips to consult with the manager, the clerk finally checked me in.

The room had enough room to easily maneuver my wheelchair though the bathroom door was a little tight. The refrigerator was stocked with very expensive goodies leaving no room for anything I brought. There is no microwave. There are no ice machines, you have to call for a bellman to bring some.

The "breakfast" was delivered at room temperature.

The bed was badly worn. I had to sleep in the middle for fear I'd roll off during the night if I slept near the side.

I must compliment the desk staff when I went out that evening. I asked for a taxi and they put forth a great amount of effort trying to get a wheelchair accessible taxi for me.

Would I stay here again? Yes, if it were half the price I paid.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We are extremely sorry to hear that your experience was less than excellent. We strive to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed. All feedback is necessary for us to continue to improve.