“Great staff and rooms”
Review of Hotel Le Bleu

Hotel Le Bleu
Ranked #16 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Marvin dud a great job checking us in. And he told us about an amazing late night spot to get food. He told me where to park my car safely and was curtious. Amanda, ana, and Josh helped me stay another night and have me a great rate. It feels good when you travel and people take care of you. Great place to stay and great rate. The rooms are great also. The design of them are trendy but comfortable.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
hotellebleu_gm, General Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. We are so glad that the Staff was able to make your stay so enjoyable and pleasant. Your feedback makes it all worth it.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Bleu

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We found this hotel on Hotel Tonight when passing through the city. We stayed here based on its proximity to the Barclay's Center which was an easy walk/quick subway ride. The hotel was clean and well situated even though it is facing the more industrial Gowanus area. The pluses are Manhattan views if you face West and a one block walk to the new Whole Foods. It's basically Park Slope adjacent. Rooms were well appointed and unique with the shower facing the room. Fine if you are couple, potentially a little awkward if you are friends/business colleagues. I was there with my partner so it was perfectly fine. As a former NYC resident, this place was perfect for a quick stay. If you are visiting from a far away place or its your first time in the city, maybe not the area I would chose first.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors facing West have Manhattan skyline views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is my 4th or 5th trip to Hotel Le Bleu and it never disappoints. The property is beautiful and unusual. Everything you would need is right in your room. I got a NYC subway app that makes taking the subway very easy and it is short 5 minute walk from the hotel. The view is beautiful and watching the sun rise or set is lovely. The hotel is in a quiet location which is a nice rest from the hustle and bustle of Manhattan. The reason I continue to come back is the staff and the service. I don't know who does the hiring but they are definitely doing something right. Every time I go there I encounter the best staff in the business including the housekeeping staff. Amanda, Melissa, Tonya, Ana, Henry and Steven are top notch. I don't need people in fancy uniforms, or holding champagne on a silver tray when I arrive. I need friendly, gracious service and that is what you will find at Hotel Le Bleu every time.
The issues of stains on the carpet or no ice maker on my floor don't bother me in the least. Great service is much more important to me and a quite location. The bathroom/shower may be an issue for some and I feel it is important to be aware that it is frosted glass bathroom kind of in the middle of the room. I did stay there with a friend once and it really wasn't a big deal for either of us. There's no fan in the bathroom, but we just opened the balcony door :). That said, the pictures on their website are exactly what you are getting so study them carefully and be prepared to be amazed. The staff will knock your socks off!

Room Tip: I like rooms with balconies on the higher floors facing Manhattan, but facing Brooklyn is nice too.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. I am so glad that we were able to provide the service and "experience" that you received. Your feedback makes it all worth it.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife, infant son and I stayed at the Hotel Le Bleu for five nights last week. We are moving to Brooklyn and the trip was for locking in an apartment and tying up job stuff (which both required lots of subway travel all over the city and some driving, as well). Sometimes we had a parking space in the lot, sometimes we had to park across the street, south of the park--but we never had to pay for parking. The hotel is about a five minute walk to the closest stop, the R and two stops away from D,N,R station, which can get you just about anywhere in NYC pretty quickly.

The best part of the property is the playground across the street (look up the J.J. Byrne Playground). We spent hours upon hours there with the little one (when we should have been productive!). Then we found Prospect Park just a ten minute walk through some of the most beautiful brownstone streets (think The Cosby Show).

The staff was energetic and enthusiastic every single time we walked in or out of the building.

They don't have a restaurant in the building, but who cares, we went on grubhub and literally over 50 places deliver to your room in minutes. We had dim-sum, Indian, pizza (of course) and burgers delivered during our stay.

We're going back in three weeks and intend on staying here again. We've stayed in other places in NYC--this is our fav.

By the way, our son played in the rainfall shower for about 15 hours during the course of our stay--so pardon the water bill this month!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We couldn't have said it better! Our guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I would have rated this hotel 5 stars for service, cleanliness, views, and design. Steven was particularly helpful when I pulled on to the property at 10pm - there was no hotel parking as there are only 10-15 parking slots at this boutique hotel. I drove for almost 20 minutes looking for street parking because I did not want to pay an additional $20 for parking in a local neighborhood garage. Once I walked back to check in I was told a $250 hold would be place on my credit card even though I fully paid for the room at booking. The desk clerk tried (unsuccessfully) to explain/ defend the hotel policy. Then there is no restaurant at the facility and I was given a selection of several menus to order for delivery. I was finally eating by 11:30pm.

The room was excellent and the Brooklyn skyline and distant water views were enchanting.

Maybe the owners could consider a frequent stay policy which could eliminate the need for the $250 hold for repeat business.

Stayed: July 2014
hotellebleu_gm, Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We are extremely sorry to hear that your experience was less than excellent. We strive to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed. All feedback is necessary for us to continue to improve. ** Please note that it is a customary policy at all hotels, even internationally, for the FD to require a incidental hold on a credit card for security purposes.**

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were in Brooklyn for Bastille Day, and were really happy with our stay at Le Bleu. We were greeted by Amanda, who set the tone - friendly, helpful, and professional. The room was clean, modern, and though the bathroom was kind if funky (low shower head, sink, toilet and shower in one open space) we were quite comfortable. Location is convenient to subway, and many great Park Slope eateries. Complimentary parking and breakfast were both nice features!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about Hotel Le Bleu. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My sister lives in Brooklyn, just a few subway stops away from Hotel Le Bleu, so I was thrilled to be staying in a nice place in a favorable location. The hotel makes a great impression upon arrival - all though it is somewhat out of place (beside a taxi depot and a car parts shop), the glass and steel exterior and the glowing blue lights are definitely impressive.

The greatest strength of this hotel is the hospitality and the staff. The staff members and managers, Amanda and Marvin, were professional, polite and always available We ran into a slight snag with the electronic safe in the room (which we thought was our fault) but it turns out it was a malfunction - and the manager-on-site was very swiftly able to get our things removed for us and kept in a safe place. I was stunned that they were able to work so quickly and cared for our concerns - they definitely turned a negative into a positive!

The complimentary (customizable) breakfast in the morning was definitely not necessary but always appreciated - arriving on time and brimming with fresh pastries. The first night we arrived, we were given complimentary bottles of water and a little bag of snack food, which is a lot more than most other hotels would provide. The mini bar was very well-priced and the complimentary Starbucks coffee in the coffee maker was a nice touch.

The room itself was very impressive - an all glass bathroom and very open concept. We stayed in a room with two double beds, and the beds were fantastic - super comfortable and with wonderful soft linens. Definitely very strange as there were four pillows on each bed and no pillow was the same as another (but maybe they were trying to offer variety?). However I slept just as well as I do at home, and didn't want to get out of bed in the morning!!

Because I was staying with my Mom, it was definitely a little awkward at times with the open bathroom concept. Sure, there is a curtain to wrap around the clear glass shower, but you definitely don't get any privacy in the suite, unless you count in the toilet stall. I would have liked to have a bit more space in the bathroom (like around the sink) to keep toiletries and things, but I guess you have to sacrifice some functionalities for modern aesthetics.

House-keeping was very good, all though the carpet in our room looked like it needed a very good cleaning. The towels were changed out each day and they give you the option to "opt out" of clean sheets each day, however I'm not sure how effective it is, as even the days when we didn't opt to leave the "don't clean the sheets" card on the bed, our sheets weren't changed. Not a big deal in my mind as I don't seem to think my sheets need to be cleaned daily (as we were staying for a week) but I did wonder if and WHEN they were ever changed, and on what schedule. The shower stall did have a slight mildew smell (might have needed a good bleach) but general appearance was clean and acceptable.

Noise can be a bit of an issue staying in a metro area such as Brooklyn, however I didn't notice any exterior street noise (we were on the 7th floor, facing 4th ave) - but I do live in a downtown apartment, so I am used to hearing cars and people going by. We did have some rather loud guests on our first night at the hotel partying in the hallway - screaming, laughing and slamming doors for around 20 minutes, however after one call down to the lobby, we didn't hear much after that.

Location as a whole is pretty good - you are within walking distance to lots of nice restaurants and coffee shops if you are willing to explore Brooklyn, and the subway is just a five minute walk down the street. There is a Whole Foods just around the corner that is great to shop at and eat at when you're looking for something fast. I also ordered late night pizza in one evening and had no issues having it delivered quickly and efficiently. I was disappointed that the rooftop restaurant was under construction when we were there, as it would have been nice to be able to eat on site, but that can be revisited another day.

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Hotel Le Bleu again, the next time I'm in the area. Great value, wonderful staff, a sharp looking room and (hopefully next time, cleaner carpets).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends