“Great choice for a week getaway”
Review of Hotel Le Bleu

Hotel Le Bleu
Ranked #17 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 15 June 2009

My wife and I recently stayed at Hotel Le Bleu. We have family in Park Slope/Brooklyn. Normally we wind up staying in Manhattan to stay someplace fun and trendy. My brother recommended Hotel Le Bleu. The location is great. We were literally a block away from the center of Park Slope. This gave us easy access to my family and Manhattan. It's a quick walk from the hotel to the subway. In 20 minutes your in Manhattan. It was great to leave the hectic pace of the city for a good night's sleep in the charming neighborhood of Park Slope. The room was spacious and comfortable. Amazing shower, like your own spa. For the price and the convenience we'll be back for our next visit to NYC.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rob H

Reviewed 5 June 2009

When I had to find a hotel in Brooklyn for the Brooklyn Half Marathon, I found this website very helpful so I wanted to make a point of writing a review myself afterward. My daughter and I stayed just one night. But it completely met our needs - most importantly, a very clean and safe place to stay for the night with comfortable beds. These needs were both met exceptionally. The 'warnings' that I read from other reviewers were helpful - the open shower and the bathroom not being totally enclosed was something we were prepared for, and since it was just me and my daughter, it was fine. But it wouldn't be a place for you and someone you don't know really well. The television only had one channel - but this wasn't something that we needed. We had bottled water in the room and the people at the front desk were very helpful, telling us how to get to the race start, where to eat the night before the race, etc. We had to walk a few blocks to get something to eat, but places to eat are plentiful. For the short stay that we had, this hotel exceeded our expectations. What we liked the most was the exceptional cleanliness and the very comfortable beds.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank RunningFanatic
Reviewed 30 May 2009

I just returned from a 3-night stay at Hotel Le Bleu. A business/leisure trip, this was my first to New York and I had no real idea where I was booking a room. I took the advice of a couple of local friends, and I wasn't disappointed.

Hotel Le Bleu offered everything I needed. A quiet room near Park Slope, with a great view of the city. Dependable wireless internet access when I needed it. Courteous, friendly staff who helped to accomodate all my needs, including consistently reliable directions to and from my many destinations in the city.

The bed was very comfortable and all the necessary amenities were provided. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank LAJames25
Reviewed 28 May 2009

At first, this hotel can be very deceiving. It is located on a very busy avenue and the neighborhood seems a bit daunting at first but we soon realized it is one block from the center of Park Slope.

My wife and I recently spent 3 nights at Hotel Le Bleu. We had a wonderful experience. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable and contained extras we really enjoyed like robes, slippers, historic books on the area and an umbrella. We appreciated the complimentary snacks - and the breakfast which was very basic but included in the room price.

Most of all, we found the staff very helpful. Everyone was very welcoming and quick to attend to our needs. We have stayed in Manhattan over the past 4 years while our daughter was in college but found the service at this hotel to be far superior.

We look forward to returning soon.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank galaxy209
Reviewed 15 May 2009

Hotel leBleu is like a looking guy who is thicker than pudding.Not worth the price or time!! The internet worked for about 3 minutes, and no one on staff seemed too concerned,there is no business center for computer access or exercise room or restaurant. The HD Tv is nice but the sound insulation so lacking I could hear my neighbor's as if it were in my room (same with every conversation they had) . The euro chic shower sprays all over the bathroom, I don't want to mop a hotel room! There is no restaurant or eating area so you get a plastic-y cold bagel from a closet room, and then stand & eat it (or sit in a parking lot). For that matter, why don't they at least offer good bagels & pastries, instead of cheap supermarket ones, they are in Brooklyn for goodness sake, go to a bakery! Staff is nice but lame.Give me an unstylish chain hotel if this is the only other option!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank galeZ11
Reviewed 13 May 2009

Yes, this is far from a positive review. I will say this much about this particular hotel... It looks nice at first glance. Dig any deeper and you will probably be disappointed.

The hotel itself is carved into not-so-spectacular a landscape. The view from any angle is not pretty, as mentioned by other reviewers. I wouldn't waste money on the 'balcony' or 'rooms with a view'. The neighborhood is okay, though I can see where people who are unfamiliar with staying in the area might be afraid to wander the streets. We had no trouble wandering around even up until 2am on most nights. It's convenient to the subway, just a few blocks down. There are no 24 hour close-by 7-11s to pick up a snack on the way walking back… which is important since this hotel lacks even so much as a soda or ice machine.

The rooms themselves are efficiency units. You're staying in a small box. Inside the box, there is a frosted glass box that serves as your not-so-private bathroom. If you are lucky--unlike we were--you will have a regular bathroom instead of the handicapped version. I can only presume that the regular shower stall is much better. What we were given was essentially a shower in your toilet. (See Pictures) Make sure you move the TP roll and don’t store anything in the minimal shelving space. There was not so much as even a $10 tension rod with a plastic curtain to separate the shower from the rest of the bathroom. There is a tiny dip inside the shower 'area' which I can only assume is somehow meant to contain all the water. It doesn't. Not by a long shot. The rest of the bathroom slopes away from the shower area, thus creating a lake in the bathroom. There is no other drain aside from in the shower area. The lake is unavoidable and unpleasant. You have to kick the water back into the shower area and then towel down the rest of the bathroom floor so you don't kill yourself by slipping. I can't see a handicapped person actually using this facility. This is entirely unacceptable, unsanitary and unsafe. We were stuck though.

Why did we get this room? We were told it was because we booked through Expedia. Apparently Expedia customers are reserved these rooms on the first two floors. This is partially due to Expedia customers paying reduced rates, we were told. My rate thru Expedia was the same as on the hotel website, so that doesn't wash. They said they had no where else to move us. We were SOL.

The rest of the amenities were all style over function as well. There are no deep drawers to keep your clothes in. The closet is a little free-standing unit. The subwoofer for the Bose system is overkill for this tiny room and only serves to annoy your neighbors through the thin walls. The Cat5 connector by the desk did not work, had to use the one by the bed. The wireless is sketchy. There is no info about logging into either connection available in the room, you have to call down. The funky headboard is already showing signs of decay as the laminate is coming up from all parts of it. There is one plastic chair in the room at the desk. There is still no restaurant so you have to have their room service deliver the free continental breakfast. It was delivered in a cardboard box that was the bottom of a soda can container. Half of it was wrong, the other half missing, nothing spectacular. Called down to fix the missing and wrong parts, and still got only part of what was ordered the second time around. They do have Starbucks coffee, if you care about that! Walk over the block to Brooklyn Bread or over and down to Daisy's Diner instead of this.

Positive Things? The bed was comfortable. Most of the noise could be drown out by turning on the room's fan, except for the door slamming competition in the hallway in the morning. Staff are friendly enough, but not able to accommodate any changes.

I would not recommend this to anyone. Their kinks are not nearly worked out. I can see having a nice stay here if you have a normal room at the end with no noisy neighbors and don't depend on their breakfast service.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TeamKaeru
timanctil, Hotel Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2009

Thank you for your review. Although criticism is sometimes difficult to hear, we appreciate it as it allows us to improve.

We have taken the steps necessary to correct this issue. The problem you encountered will no longer occur.

We apologize for any inconvenience and again, appreciate your feedback.

Tim Anctil
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 29 April 2009

I was called back to Brooklyn for business for the second time in a month and rebooked at le bleu.

I was given a great room with a spectacular view of the Manhattan skyline on the 6th floor which was a courtesy upgrade from the room that I booked. I always appreciate when I return to a hotel and get preferred treatment.

Again, I found the staff knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. They gave accurate subway directions, set up town cars for me and made important restaurant suggestions all of which were solid.

Again, this hotel easily has the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business