Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jess N

Kevin is the best in the company 💕

Review of Hotel Le Bleu
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Jan 2024
Loved this hotel! Very clean and cozy. Loved Kevin! He made us feel right at home and was hilarious. Definitely coming back soon. Hotel had a very nice balcony and for the price it wasn’t bad at all..
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 7 Jan 2024

Hi unordinarychicc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean and comfortable experience and I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. We are pleased to hear that you found our accommodations to be a good value for your money as well. We will happily share your comments with Kevin and we look forward to seeing you soon!
£265
    £115
0.6 miles from Hotel Le Bleu
View more hotels in Brooklyn
1,276 results
All reviews park slope free parking blue light continental breakfast prospect park limited parking bagels coffee maker shower uhaul block privacy ave manhattan subway neighborhood slippers
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 October 2023

I travel 30+ weeks a year for work and found the following issues with this hotel.

- Their website claims “2023 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Award”. While this may be true, their listing on their main page has no link. Additionally, if you find Hotel Le Bleu on Tripadvisor, it does NOT have the award in the upper left corner. There is a hotel Bleu in Madagascar that has won the award. I uploaded an image that has both hotels’ listings on TripAdvisor. Note the logo in the upper left-hand corner of the one in Madagascar and not the one in Brooklyn. I also googled “2023 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Award Hotel Le Bleu” and could not find any reference to winning the award except for their website. I challenge the hotel management to post a link proving they won the award.
- The bed, bedding, and pillows were very uncomfortable. The bed was lumpy like no other bed I’ve seen. The pillows felt like they were filled with soft baseball size lumps. The bedding was worn and course. I’ve been travelling for work for just over 30 years, and this was hands down the worst bed/sheets/pillows that I’ve ever slept in. The bed cover was a disgusting blanket sandwiched between two worn sheets.
- The room was not clean. See the attached pictures of the blinds which are covered in stains.
- I was concerned about security. The building is not locked and despite the sign in the elevator that you need to insert your key, you don’t. I entered the front door of the hotel multiple times, walked by the one person at reception who had never seen me, and could ride the elevator to any floor. Their sign is attached.
- The walls and doors were thin allowing sounds to pass through quite easily. I could hear my neighbors talking and watching TV. At 7am, the alarm of the room next to me was so loud that we looked around the room for an alarm clock. The hotel has signs posted around the halls (see attached) which seem to be ineffective.
- If you’re traveling with someone, the bathroom has glass panels that let the light pass to the bedroom. Additionally, the door between the bathroom and the bedroom was a thin piece of wood that didn’t block sound. When I went to the restroom at night, the light and noise would wake my wife up.
- This hotel doesn’t have the typical entry area where you check in and have a common area. There is no place for breakfast as there is not breakfast. There is no bar area as there is no bar.
- While I have no reason to doubt that their pictures online were actual pictures. I did not find them representative of the room. The pics show luxurious and welcoming. I found the rooms dated, depressing, and dirty.
- Their website claims “450-thread count Pratesi linens” which may be true, but they were scratchy and exceptionally uncomfortable. They claim “Plush bathrobes and signature lounge slippers” there were none in the room. The claim “oversized” bath towels, they were old ratty normal size towels. They claim “complimentary weekday newspaper delivered to your room”, none was ever delivered. They claim “A new standard of hotel cleaning” we received no cleaning at all. The “fully stocked mini bar” had two bottles of water in it.
- I paid more than the average price for this room expecting luxury. What I found was one of the worst hotels I’ve ever been to. My job takes me to very small towns where there are only budget/mom and pop hotels. I would take any one of them over this hotel regardless of price!

Date of stay: October 2023
1  Thank 40WeekTraveler
Guest Relations Manager, General Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2023

Hi 40WeekTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough and detailed review regarding your most recent stay. I hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for these maintenance mishaps that you have encountered and that you did not receive immediate action regarding the necessity of correcting such issues as quickly as possible. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to quickly address housekeeping, and maintenance issues. I apologize for the issues you mentioned in your review like thin walls. The hotel is built that way and unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do about it. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and will experience the improvements we have made with our service.

Reviewed 16 October 2023

This hotel is not it! We ended up moving hotels because half of the lights in our rooms did not work. The quartz was broken and jagged in the shower. The lamp was duct taped together and still didn't work. The sheets were scratchy and the bed was lumpy. There is no breakfast as advertised. We chose it for its proximity to Park Slope and it was easy to walk to lots of things nearby, but it wasn't worth it for us.

The staff was very nice and considerate but short of an electrician there wasn't a lot they could do for us.

If you are looking for a slightly more affordable spot with easy access to Park Slope and don't mind the lights not working, it's perfectly fine, but we were looking for something more reliable.

Room tip: The free parking has only a dozen or so spots so you may not be able to get a spot
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Relations Manager, General Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2023

Hi 253myra,

Your review and rating of our hotel mean a lot to us, and we thank you for taking the time to share this experience.

I am very sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy the service that we hold to such a high degree of importance in our hotel. We deeply regret to learn that you found this experience to be so terrible due to lights, shower, and issues that should have been immediately addressed like the need for hotel updates and maintenance checks. We are sorry that the breakfast was not what you have expected but we are constantly reviewing customer feedback in order to make improvements for the future.

We do appreciate the compliments to our front desk staff and we hope you'll return and let us show you a far better experience.

Reviewed 3 October 2023

Hi, I stayed at your hotel, and had a bad experience of Cockroaches, both live and in traps in my room. This was bad I wasn't compensated. I was given back my stay payment, but it was so disruptive, and I didn't sleep much, I should have been given compensation for the disruption, and the level of germs this cause.

Cockroaches causes Gonorrhoea and Hepatitis, if they touch your food.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Guest Relations Manager, General Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2023

Hi samanthafI3868BV,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for the unfortunate incident that you experienced regarding the visit of unwelcome pests to your room. We appreciate that you’ve taken the time to point out the possibility of a pest problem. Know that your voice is of tremendous importance to us and we are confronting each of the issues that you mentioned to ensure that no guest has this experience in the future.

We do hope that you'll return to see how we are continuously improving to impress our guests more with each visit.

Reviewed 19 September 2023

The hotel was lovely. The only reason we have not given 5 stars is because of the entertainment team :( All the staff were polite and friendly (we just couldn't get everyone's names). Hotel rooms are clean and tidy although basic but you don't need anything more to be fair. The spa is amazing i Booked several trips and all were perfect and great experiences. Location is good the food was various and delicious
the entertainers was just a bunch of amateurs , good experience maybe coming back next year

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest Relations Manager, General Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2023

Hi 741patrickwil,

Our management and staff would like to thank you for giving us a fantastic opportunity to serve you well in every way possible.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, our high standards of housekeeping and our friendly and welcoming staff.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast as well, and we are looking forward to your next visit to the area!

Reviewed 6 September 2023

The bed was luxurious and the air conditioning was terrific in the very hot weather. The hotel is spotless.

Of special note: Janette and Joelisa A. really went out of their way for us. It MATTERED to them, and it showed. Their service and spirit wil
will bring us back—I hope soon.

My family loved it.
Thanks.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Relations Manager, General Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2023

Hi LittleBiffOne,

Your five star review means a lot to us! Thank you for taking the time to share this five-star experience with our management, staff, and future guests.

Our team ensures that we go above and beyond to deliver excellent service to our guests and patrons. I will definitely share your generous review with Janette and Joelisa.

On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Kind regards,