Timeline Touring - Day Tours
Open today: 10:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
So interesting!

We had a fantastic time touring Boro Park district. Our guide Jeff was extremely interesting and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Anne B
via mobile
Walking Tour of the Lower Eastside

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
ester154

All reviews borough park lower east side highly recommend this tour knowledgeable guide interesting tour new york jeff culture
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a fantastic time touring Boro Park district.
Our guide Jeff was extremely interesting and knowledgeable, while being very nice and friendly. We learnt so much about the local community and culture! I would definitely recommend this tour.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our guide Mr Altman, was great. He gave us directions and parking info. First he reviewed NYC history when Rutgers and Delancy were landowners above Wall Street. Was Orchard Street the site of an orchard? Waves of immigration.... We visited MTJ, the Yeshiva of the world renown Rav Moshe Feinstein ZTL, with a branch on SI, RJJ, moved to Edison NJ, the Greek Synagogue, the site of the former shul of Rabbi Yackov Yosef, Steeble Row, the exquisite Bialystoker Shul, the Kletzker and Henry Street Settlement Houses, the Forwards Building, the Mikve, a pickle store with lines out the door and entertaining banter, an old-fashioned bakery, an old age home..... Every location had a story. And new skyscrapers, trendy shops etcWe heard descriptions of life in earlier eras and even prayed with a minyan.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

A friend had recommended Jeff Altman ´s Timeline Touring to us and we were more than happy that Jeff gave us - a family of four - a private tour through Hasidic Brooklyn at Boro Park. Jeff opened a door to an unknown and fascinating world for us and informed us not only about rituals and traditions of the Satmarer Jews but also about daily issues such as family and community life, health services, shopping, cooking, education etc. By walking through the beautiful neighborhood of Boro Park we learned a lot and our sons were impressed by the shops (supermarket, book-store, bakery, cake shop etc) we visited. At the end of our tour we enjoyed a great lunch at a delicious and very lively kosher Deli. For every interested person this is the perfect tour to sneak into an unknown and sometimes closed world - thank you very much for your kindness and openness, Jeff ! We would love to visit you and Boro Park again.
Christiane, Oliver, Constantin and Carl from Germany

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Jeff Altman, the tour owner and guide, knows and loves both the existing sites and the now ghosts of such sites where the early Jewish immigrants to NYC gathered for prayer, learning and social life. This trip was a Bat Mitzvah gift for my observant twelve your old granddaughter and Jeff was able to speak directly to her -- she loved the tour, and seeing the synagogues that were the religious homes to some of the famous rabbis she had studied about in school. Jeff's expertise and passion helps the visitor travel back in time and understand the impact of "America" on the immigrant's religious practices and life.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Jeff arranged the tour though I was only person doing it. Very considerate extremely open to my questions. Area is one I have always heard about but never experienced in any way. Maybe my great grandparents knew this culture. Jeff gave facts not values to culture. Recommend it for all ages above 13. Would like to do lower east side immigration tour with jeff.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

the tour was very well organized, the route well prepared. Jeff is very knowledgeable and and very informative. it was a pleasure!! I was in the lower east side before but never realized how much more there is to learn!. I cannot wait to book another tour with Jeff.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

I have been to New York many times but this was something really different. Jeff was knowledgeable and entertaining and very receptive to answering questions. It was great for the whole family to experience a slice of Jewish life that they may not have seen before. I would do it again.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

A very educational and interesting tour. Jeff was terrific and answered all of our questions. He was helpful before, during and after the actual tour. I highly recommend this tour. Next time I'm in New York, I will book another tour with him. (This time we did the Taste of New York - Borough Park tour)

Reviewed 13 April 2018

We traveled with a group of high school students, and our tour was the highlight of the trip. Jeff was knowledgeable, warm, and related well to our students. He was also flexible and very understanding when we were late upon arrival! We have taken multiple Jewish tours of Brooklyn over the years, and this is by far the best; we will continue to make this a key part of our annual Confirmation trip.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Our tour guide Jeff is an amazing tour guide. He answered all our questions and his explanation is so clear. I would definitely recommend this tour!