Lexington Inn
US$336
US$151
  • Pool
Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$182
US$320
  • Fitness centre
NU Hotel(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$164
  • Breakfast included
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$164
  • Breakfast included
Hampton Inn Brooklyn/Downtown(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Aloft New York Brooklyn(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$200
  • Restaurant
US$276
US$211
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Visiting New York is never cheap. Last September '12 we wanted to spend couple days in New York with my cousin that came from abroad. While searching for a good hotel deal in Brooklyn i found out there were only 47 in whole Brooklyn area at that time. Somehow i ended up booking the Lexington INN for 2 nights and paid 250$ which was lower than all others. When I book hotel i always check with TripAdvisor because it gives the chance to see real customer's pictures and get an idea what is a hotel all about. At that time Lexington INN had no pictures and no reviews, and on pictures it looked clean and fine enough to just crash on a bed at night and freshen up in the morning and go, but it wasn't a case.
I regret booking this hotel the minute we got there. The neighborhood is scary. When we got inside the front desk guy was behind the bullet proof glass which made us feel even more unsafe. The room was tiny. Even though the room was called double, it felt like the beds were twin size. We wanted to freshen up before we went out that night. Shower head was broken to the point that is was streaming in all directions. By the time when i was done i realized all the floor was covered with an inch of water. The hair drier was broken, that is when i got so pissed probably more on myself because i always take it with me. Every girl would understand me, having a wet hair when you have to go out in a 30 min. So i called the front desk guy and asked if he can send somebody to fix the shower and get us another hair drier and he said "there is no maintenance right now, so i have to wait till the morning". I asked him to give us another room, he said that "they are having a full house". I though that was interesting because on a parking lot there were only a couple of cars parked. The next morning we woke up to the rain that was splashing from the window to the window seal and our bed. We could not believe our eyes. We started laughing like crazy. The next morning the maintenance guy came and brought the new hair drier, couldn't fix the shower, we showed him a window and he said he would come later. We ended up leaving this hotel that morning and staying with one of our friend's house. Never came back and even ask for a refund because it was worthless. Every time my husband asked him a question he would made a face like he didn't understand. Anyway, it was a disgusting experience, dirty, dead flies everywhere, poorest customer service.I regret i didn't take a pictures, as i didn't think i would ever write a review.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Aziza E
Gmlexingtoninn, Webmaster at Lexington Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to satisfy you in so many ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe nothing is more important than pleasant guest experiences. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to change and improve, and we value you and every customer.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff, nice clean rooms with comfy beds, wifi, flatscreen TV, basic breakfast included. Close to subway station (30 min to Manhattan). NYPD protects the streets when dark. We rather live among the locals than in a hotel on 35th floor in downtown Manhattan.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Professional3839
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel in april 2013 - worst experience ever!!! Unfiendly staff and very dangerous neighborhood! I should have stayed there for 4 nights, I packed my things after 1 night. You have trin right above your head, so it is impossible to sleep. Just be smart and stay away!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jasssZ

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. I regret that we could not satisfy you, and but we’ve made significant changes since the time of your stay to make this hotel and our staffing better than ever before. I hope you can try us again soon, and I apologize to you once again.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

What to say about this hotel? You get what you pay for. My brother, grown son and I needed a room with 3 beds, near public transportation, that didn't cost an arm and a leg. This was it. None of the other similarly priced hotels in Brooklyn would provide a rollaway bed. We paid $103 per night. The room was clean and had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee-maker in it. The hotel is right near Broadway Junction, where you can access the L, A, C, J and Z lines, as well as the LIRR. There was free WiFi in all the rooms, and a computer in the lobby. They also provided a basic continental breakfast. There is some free parking in back of the hotel.

However - the place is NOT in a very nice area of Brooklyn. They lost our initial reservation and it took a while to sort it out. The hotel is used for various activities - while trying to check in, someone came in asking for rates by the hour. When we returned one evening, there was an obvious smell of weed and party-noises coming from several rooms on our floor. Oh, and you could literally throw a stone and hit the elevated RR outside our 5th floor room...and clearly hear the train and announcements all night.

But...it was cheap and accommodated our needs (the extra bed) and as I said, the room was clean and comfortable. So...there you have it. I gave it 3 stars because it is what it is.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the the train!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank SavvyFaire

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We do our best to satisfy every guest, and I’m glad we provided the inexpensive room you wanted and the amenities you needed for a pleasant stay. We’ve made significant improvements to the hotel since your stay and look forward to having you with us again. We now offer a better guest experience than ever before.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed at the hotel with my husband and my kids during hurricane Sandy October 31-Nov 3, in room #604, booked the room through 1800# and paid in full for 2 nights was glad to finally get to my destination shower, and eat warm food after being stranded without electricity heat or hot water in Zone A. Once in the hotel check in took 30minutes, then all was well. Small room, but clean bed, the furniture is old and run down, bathroom clean hair dryer not working, the beds were comfortable and linen was descent almost clean notices a stain on a blanket though....room was very close to the train every time the train was running I felt it was on top of my head.TV did not have any channles for children to watch, not a big selection of channles for adults. I was awakened at 12 midnight by assistant manager who asked me to come down and pay them for my room... hello in the middle of the night...finally after 45minutes it urns out the 3rd party I booked the hole from the 1800 did not forward correct infirmation... Breakfast was stale for the first 2 days my last day there was a staff person who made warm fresh waffles. tea and coffe available 24/7 which is great. There was an ATM in the lobby which was broken, free parkin was good, other than that 3days in the hotel cost me about 400+ $ I think was a bit pricey, but We did feel lucky we got in because all the other hotels were booked no avalability at all. So the neighborhood is really dangerous do not walk around after 3pm, drugs gangs, hookers, there are plenty of subways and busses. Hotel staff were friendly but tended to speal in indian a lot, made me wonder are they talking about me?!
So the overall experience was not too bad.

Room Tip: ask for the room away from the train
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Vicky C
qualityinnbr00klyn, Webmaster at Lexington Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Lexington Inn Brooklyn for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of problems with the Hair dryer not working and the old and run down furniture in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any necessary repair or replacement.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our

• Assistant Manager received additional training in the courteous, professional manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Lexington Inn Brooklyn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.