“Place for Pimps and Hoes”
Review of Lexington Inn

Lexington Inn
Ranked #61 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
NYC
“Place for Pimps and Hoes”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have to write this review for the sake of tourists and people from out of town. This is an inner city hotel that is not at all interested with customer service or quality. The primary purpose of this hotel is to cater to the shady neighborhood and its people, the only ones that really stay there are dealers, pimps and prostitutes. I'm not even going to get into the details of my stay, lets just say that my review is based on what I heard and saw during my brief stay. Totally disgusting, deserves no stars. I hope people that read the reviews about this place take into consideration the neighborhood that its in, its in east new york, one of the roughest, most dangerous parts of brooklyn, really in the heart of the projects. If you want to experience what it would feel like to live in inner city brooklyn, this is the place for you. But if you are a tourist you will stick out like one and your experience might not be what you'd expect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Panteaze
Gmlexingtoninn, Webmaster at Lexington Inn, responded to this review, 20 December 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. Nothing is more important to us than providing a clean, comfortable and budget-friendly place to stay for people of all kinds. While we won’t participate in any name calling, I sincerely apologize if any aspect of your stay failed to satisfy you. We’re always working to get better and hope you will try us again. You’ll find a better experience with each passing week as we change and improve.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel 21-28 August 2013. The first impression was a receptionist behind a bullet proof glass. The rooms we booked and paid for were not available, it was late we had to settle for smoking room instead of non-smoking ones. The rooms were simply filthy, despite complaints the baths were not washed throughout our stay. The breakfast is appalling, dining room has 4 small wooden chairs and 1 tiny table. The Wi fi never worked!. The trains run 24 hours beside your windows, you will NOT SLEEP if you choose this appalling hotel

Room Tip: Nothing good here!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Jimi A
Dear Guest,

I’m terribly sorry that you had a bad experience with us in the past. We’ve taken action since the time of your stay to make this hotel better than ever before. As we’ve changed and improved, every aspect of this property has been reassessed and re-examined to make sure we’re always meeting guest needs. I hope you will try us again soon and see how much better we are than ever before.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Brooklyn hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 9 nights in September 2013. The overall impression is very favorable. We were on the 6th (top) floor looking towards Broadway Junction subway, about 5 minutes walk away and better connected than Atlantic Avenue on the L line which is across the road from the hotel. The view is low rise with a surprising amount of trees on view. The room was very comfortable with a microwave and fridge included, that allowed us to save money on eating out. The bed was comfortable and with the flat screen TV, coffee and tea, nicely appointed. We both really liked the cosy kitchen on the 1st floor for the inclusive breakfast. It was enjoyable to share breakfast with other guests and have a chat. At weekends there is a very friendly lady who comes in to look after the kitchen and makes fresh waffles - delicious.You can take your breakfast away if you prefer. Because of Broadway Junction with 5 subway lines (ACJL&Z) including the express A line it is a very good location without being too central. Initial impressions may be a bit off putting, but we found the locals friendly, there is plenty of NYPD presence all over the city, and the noise from the L line beside the hotel never kept us awake at night even with the window open. The reception is a little forbidding because it is all glassed in, but we chatted with the owner a few times at breakfast and he is a pleasant man. If you want to feel you experienced New York rather than just went sight seeing, this a great place to stay. We would happily stay there again.
Two tips: The 7 day Metrocard is a brilliant way to travel, and if you go on the Staten Island Ferry get off and look around the island. It is a lovely contrast to Manhattan with some very pretty towns and sea walks.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back and sides have better views. The front looks on to the subway and main road.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Keating65
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Lexington Inn is a totally acceptable hotel, reasonably priced and with average standard rooms. The location however, is terrible. Placed next to some noisy train tracks and in a seedy part of town, you probably shouldn't be walking around alone in the neighbourhood around the hotel at night. However, if you're looking for an extremely cheap and average hotel, without being too concerned with its location, the Lexington is a decent alternative.

• Stayed September 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Visiting New York is never cheap. Last September '12 we wanted to spend couple days in New York with my cousin that came from abroad. While searching for a good hotel deal in Brooklyn i found out there were only 47 in whole Brooklyn area at that time. Somehow i ended up booking the Lexington INN for 2 nights and paid 250$ which was lower than all others. When I book hotel i always check with TripAdvisor because it gives the chance to see real customer's pictures and get an idea what is a hotel all about. At that time Lexington INN had no pictures and no reviews, and on pictures it looked clean and fine enough to just crash on a bed at night and freshen up in the morning and go, but it wasn't a case.
I regret booking this hotel the minute we got there. The neighborhood is scary. When we got inside the front desk guy was behind the bullet proof glass which made us feel even more unsafe. The room was tiny. Even though the room was called double, it felt like the beds were twin size. We wanted to freshen up before we went out that night. Shower head was broken to the point that is was streaming in all directions. By the time when i was done i realized all the floor was covered with an inch of water. The hair drier was broken, that is when i got so pissed probably more on myself because i always take it with me. Every girl would understand me, having a wet hair when you have to go out in a 30 min. So i called the front desk guy and asked if he can send somebody to fix the shower and get us another hair drier and he said "there is no maintenance right now, so i have to wait till the morning". I asked him to give us another room, he said that "they are having a full house". I though that was interesting because on a parking lot there were only a couple of cars parked. The next morning we woke up to the rain that was splashing from the window to the window seal and our bed. We could not believe our eyes. We started laughing like crazy. The next morning the maintenance guy came and brought the new hair drier, couldn't fix the shower, we showed him a window and he said he would come later. We ended up leaving this hotel that morning and staying with one of our friend's house. Never came back and even ask for a refund because it was worthless. Every time my husband asked him a question he would made a face like he didn't understand. Anyway, it was a disgusting experience, dirty, dead flies everywhere, poorest customer service.I regret i didn't take a pictures, as i didn't think i would ever write a review.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Aziza E
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to satisfy you in so many ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe nothing is more important than pleasant guest experiences. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to change and improve, and we value you and every customer.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff, nice clean rooms with comfy beds, wifi, flatscreen TV, basic breakfast included. Close to subway station (30 min to Manhattan). NYPD protects the streets when dark. We rather live among the locals than in a hotel on 35th floor in downtown Manhattan.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Professional3839
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel in april 2013 - worst experience ever!!! Unfiendly staff and very dangerous neighborhood! I should have stayed there for 4 nights, I packed my things after 1 night. You have trin right above your head, so it is impossible to sleep. Just be smart and stay away!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jasssZ
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. I regret that we could not satisfy you, and but we’ve made significant changes since the time of your stay to make this hotel and our staffing better than ever before. I hope you can try us again soon, and I apologize to you once again.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn
Comfort Inn Brooklyn City Center
Lexington Inn at JFK Airport
BKLYN House
BKLYN House
#26 of 72 in Brooklyn

Been to Lexington Inn? Share your experiences!