“Gift Certificate from a Friend was A Gift!”
Review of Il Passatore

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2012

A good friend frequents this tiny restaurant and gave us a gift certificate for Christmas. Knowing how much I love good food and how good I cook, he hit it right on. You would definitely overlook this tiny restaurant tucked away in the outskirts of Williamsburg ,Brooklyn. Inside is warm, cozy and friendly. A little hard to read the menu. The staff was nice but not overly. No matter, the food was yummy. Unfortunately , they didn't have the artichoke appetizer that I wanted to try. My husband and son had the octopus which was very good, although it could have used a little more oil. (which they brought to the table upon request. The wine we chose was perfect. Montepuliciano. We shared a Piada which is their version of pizza/foccacia. We were with a vegetarian, I think I would have liked the one with prosciutto. Everyone had homemade pasta which I hear was their forte. And mine was the best! the torttelli with squash and truffle oil , was OMG! I could have ate another plate! Portions are small but so good. For dessert I chose Pannecotta, which was good but my favorite was in Venice. The Tortino de Cioccolato was the bomb, that's the one! A good macciato finished it off nicely! I will definitely go back ! Enjoy!

Reviewed 15 December 2011

The Restaurant is lovely. but I mist confess we order for Delivery more often then go in. It can take a long time for delivery sometimes, but that's because they're very busy IN the restaurant and delivery as well. The food is delicious & fresh. We are loyal to Il Passatore as we order from them a minimum 3 times a month, usually 4.
The only criticisms are, 2 or 3 times (in about 2 years) they were so busy they delivered the order's without ingredients, however they sent replacement orders right away AND the guy who's been answering the phones there since they opened STILL does not know who we are (we give him our address and apartment number almost every week) and there's a lack of local recognition, that's not so nice and would make Il Passatore a 4 star instead of 3 star if it had that quality that showed it wanted to be staple in the neighborhood and honor its regular customers, with this economy, we really are a part of why they are still open.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Wonderful Italian food. Cramped space, cash only, and the wait staff barely speaks English, but the food itself was worth all the trouble.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

Food is consistent and very good, with the basket of focaccia to every table a special treat. Prices are below comparable restaurants in Brooklyn and Manhattan, with Pastas, Specials, and Wine (plus the focaccia) especially reasonable. A really pleasant neighborhood place at which to eat.

Reviewed 27 February 2011

I have been here about ten times and every pasta dish I have had has been incredible. And they are all priced at around ten bucks a dish. The atmosphere is very cozy and romantic. One of my favorite Italian places in all of NYC.