“Neat atmosphere”

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We had pretty good service here. They take reservations and stick to them (we got there about 20 minutes early and weren't seated until our reservation time). We ate dinner outside, which was a lively Italian-lighted atmosphere. It's pretty casual as far as attire goes. When we were inside, I felt like the lights were almost turned completely down, and they kept turning them lower so I'd recommend eating outside if you want to see your food :)

We got a carafe of wine to split and they brought out bread, which was very good. I ordered a pink sauce tortellini which was about $10. It was just okay in my opinion. My friend ordered the gnocchi which was also okay. My husband got the black angus sirloin (about $20), which was very good. I've heard great things about it, so maybe we just went on an off day. It's run by Italians and is authentic food.

There are newer reviews for Il Passatore

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Amazingly, got in with no wait at 9:30 on a Saturday evening without a reservation. Ate in the patio area out back, very nice atmosphere. Our party of five shared two bottles of wine, app's, and five entrees for under $150. The pasta dishes were fresh and perfectly al dente, sauces were very good - all in all, a terrific value. We'll be back!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

I've had italian food at over NYC and travelled abroad to Italy for culiany experience. I would rank them 4 out of 5 for sure for its food, price and atmosphere. First of all, this is located in East Willimaburg, out of nowhere but great location to look for parking. I normally dont come to this part of the town but the restuarant is definitely a neighborhood charm. The food is good and best of all its the value, good food and great value is what I normally look for unless I'm taking someone out on a date. The Apps were done right and the homemade pasta is made perfectly, Ciao!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I loved this little restaurant. It was classic Northern Italian food for cheap. But the chef apparently left and the food has changed. The service was still good. But the cavatelli and gnocchi were disappointing. Wine is still good. I hope their food gets better.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We have eaten at Il Passatore numerous times and never been disappointed. It's a small place that gets quite crowded on Friday and Saturday nights, but in the summer seating expands to the courtyard behind the restaurant - not fancy by any means but more than adequate. The food here is wonderful - pastas are homemade and the dishes are authentic and flavorful. Two salads stand out as favorites for us - one is made of shredded brussels sprouts with a vinagrette dressing, and the other is the spinach salad. Favorite pastas include butternut squash tortelli, which comes with a delicious truffle oil butter sauce, a meat -filled tortellini that's peppery and has a yummy parmesan cream sauce, and the best one of all - strozzapretti with sausage and mushrooms - flavors to die for!!! The only pasta we have found disappointing is the vegetable lasagna - it's just average, and doesn't compare to the quality of the other pastas. If you want a wonderful appetizer to share try the Piadina - it's a thin flatbread sandwich of cheese or cheese and salami or proscuitto. The house wine - a Sangiovese - is really good and also reasonably priced. One drawback to this restaurant for us is that it's cash only - no credit cards. But you'll be very pleased at the small size of the bill after your meal!!! The value for your money can't be beaten.