“loved it from the first attend, and few years later still a good place to eat and drink”
Review of Surf Bar

Surf Bar
Ranked #235 of 5,705 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Found that place for myself few years ago, specially loved they clam-chowder... did not visit that place for 2 years, recently went there SURPRISE that place still really good, service is great, food and drinks are amazing.

i know that so many new places opens every day in that area, but i do recommend that one, at least to try, and than... you will decide for your self.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

We dropped in here one afternoon in Williamsburg, hungry and tired. We had a great time in the backyard sitting in the sand, drinking white wine and eating oysters. The staff were very polite and knolwedgeable, and we really enjoyed ourselves.

It's also nice get away from all the pretentiousness and tweeness of the Williamsburg hispters and just find a place with normal people in it.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

The thought of having a lobster roll in the dead of winter was very appealing to my girlfriends and I. During our recent trip to NYC, we decided to venture to Brooklyn to try the Surf Bar. The sign outside said they had sand, and yes, the floors are covered by sand! We were sure if it was open since we were the only ones there - I think we actually woke up the waiter. We were seated all the way in the back which would have been fine, but the heat wasn't working. We moved inside where it was a bit warmer, but not much. When we checked in with Foursquare, we were offered a free shot. However, our waiter claimed not to know anything about this check-in special so we missed out. Instead, we started out with "tropical drinks" which didn't disappoint - Sex on Rockaway Beach and a Hawaiian Martini. I'd recommend the Hawaiian Martini as it is actually about 2 drinks for the price of 1. Three of my girlfriends ordered the lobster roll - which included chunks of lobster lighting dressed with mayo in a buttered hotdog bun. My other girlfriend ordered the fish burrito which is HUGE. I tried the shrimp tacos which came with three tacos that were generously filled with shrimp but not a lot of flavor - adding hot sauce helped. We all agreed the food was good, but wouldn't go back until they either fixed the heat or until the temperatures outside are warmer!

Reviewed 5 December 2012

If you want something different, well, try the Surf Bar. Pacifico Clara on tap, decent burgers and stranger but tasty salads, in a dark, cool atmosphere, and feeling like in a beach shack - your feet are on the sand, for real. That's what covers the floor of this great local bar! It has a backside garden too, open when the weather is ok.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

I went there with a friend during my permanence in NY.
I saw it from the outside and I got curios, as soon as I got in I decided I would have my dinner there. The place is lovely, surfboards on the ceiling, sand on the floor, shells on the walls and I loved the music, from the '80s.

I had the sandwich with the lobster and the lobster pappardelle..and believe me, I know how to cook pasta (I'm Italian), the sauce was delicious!

I would definitely recommend Surfbar!

Been to Surf Bar? Share your experiences!