“A good choice for visiting NYC”

New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Ranked #13 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We wanted to be close to Manhattan without the touristy craziness, and gave Brooklyn a try. The hotel is typical-Marriott, with biggish rooms, nice amenities, and a decent gym and pool. I got some static from the front desk about a foul-up on my Marriott Reward points, which I thought was more of a Marriott problem than my problem. Regardless, the staff was as friendly as you could hope for. The hotel is close to most of the good stuff you can visit in Brooklyn and is convenient to most of the major subway lines that go to Manhattan. The neighborhood gets a little rough as you head east from the hotel, but it didn't feel unsafe. The place is a major sleepover spot for the foreign airlines, which was a little weird. Overall, I was happy with the stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Military_Traveler11
There are newer reviews for New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed here for a bachelors party. The rooms are clean and large for NYC. The neighborhood is great and good relatively cheap eats are nearby. Its a short walk to get great views of manhattan and Ellis Island. Doesnt take long to get downtown and you can walk across the amazing Brooklyn Bridge.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tikitwinsdad
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I traveled to NY with my family for spring break and stay at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge. This is my (out of Manhattan), favorite hotel. Rates are usually a bit lower than Manhattan Marriott hotels and also you are situated in a great neighborhood, Brooklyn Heights. There are nice restaurants and diners around this hotel and, my favorite, very short walks to Subway Stations where you can hop into Manhattan.

It can be a very busy hotel, but when I got to the check-in counter there was no wait. I had a double room plus a crib and felt very comfortable. The room was clean and had the usual Marriott décor and amenities. I am not sure about other rooms but, my room did not have a microwave or refrigerator which was a little disappointing.

My least favorite thing about this hotel is absence of an inviting and comfortable sitting area as you enter the lobby. There is a sitting room called The Lounge but it is enclosed and it seems to be part of the adjacent cocktail bar.

This hotel has a great location. We felt secure and comfortable the entire time. My kids loved the complementary hot chocolate and cookies every evening. We can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MMJeJona
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I have attended the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament at the Brooklyn Marriott since 2008 and have always found the accommodations and attentive staff first rate. We once again had a dinner reception on the Friday night of the tournament and Rob, Eugene, and Jessica went out of their way to insure our every need was more than met. The room was beautiful, the food delicious and plentiful, and the atmosphere, because of their energy and attention to detail, was warm and inviting. Looking forward to March 2013.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MAPuzzler
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed here for the first night of our honeymoon and I thought that this hotel was fabulous. Many years ago, this hotel was not in existance in Brooklyn and it was such a welcome and convenient hotel and location.

The beds were extremely comfortable. They were so comfortable in fact, that I didn't want to get up the next morning.

There is also a lovely swimming pool on sight that we didn't get a chance to use.

We had breakfast and dinner at the on-site restraurant and the food there was 5 stars!!!!

I had a wonderful stay at this Marriott Hotel at Brooklyn Bridge.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TwinParents
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have great reviews for the Brooklyn Marriott. Staff - excellent. Rooms - excellent. As it is my 3rd time staying here for work, I started to think there is nothing wrong with this hotel. I need my sleep during the morning-early afternoon time since I arrive on a red eye flight. To my surprise (and 4 coworkers as well), the drilling started at 1pm. It was HORRIBLE. I thought it was above me, but it was actually down the hall. Turns out that the 8th room down the hall was being renovated. Called the operator, told me that someone will call back, someone else said finding engineer. They offered to change rooms, but I was hoping it can stop. It was a good 30 minutes of calling, asking for update, finding no answer, drilling continuing,when all I needed was to sleep. In the end, I changed rooms. What's frustrating is that they said they knew about it, and that it couldn't be stopped. Plus, there was a room down the hall available (which I moved to), which I could have been put in the first place and all this interruption of sleep would not have happened. I have a video of this on youtube. tell me if you think it is annoying or not.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank YaOHan
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Above average experience at the Marriott. The location was great, right by the subway. The hotel was very nice. The rooms were clean, updated, and spacious. The bathroom was especially clean, which is a huge plus. At night, it was very quiet. In the morning we were greeted with a smile from all hotel employees. The concierge was very pleasant, and the people at the front desk were very helpful (directions, early check-in, etc.). The beds were amazing! The complimentary breakfast was above average, service was good, food was good. Overall, a good stay. Will definitely come back to stay when in Brooklyn.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family