“Pleasant stay, great location”

New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We spent 7 nights at this hotel while visiting family earlier this month. After so-so experiences in other Brooklyn locations, we chose the Marriott for its proximity to key subway lines to Manhattan. Our room was spacious (huge by NYC standards) and comfortable -- great mattress and good mix of pillows! The bathroom is on the spare side, but functional. (A hook on the bathroom door would have been good as I like to hang my toiletry case. Oh, well). Excellent water pressure in the shower. Housecleaning staff was pleasant and professional and the room was promptly cleaned every day.

By and large the room was very quiet, but an air-conditioning unit from the building across the way could be heard at times.

We did not use room service and found the prices for basic breakfast fare at the restaurant, Archives, quite high. There are a number of other simple options within a block or two of the hotel, fortunately. Another negative was the high price charged for wi-fi access in the room. These were really our only negatives, as our experience overall was quite pleasant. This is a big, comfortable place, not too trendy but not impersonal either.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lauraver
Write a ReviewReviews (2,109)

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed at the Brooklyn Marriott for a wedding. Typically I stay at higher end brands, but I found this Marriott to be extremely comfortable, clean and well maintained. The rooms were spacious and well-equipped, and the service was professional. I also liked the option of two double beds in the room -- something that is not always available and comes in handy when kids and parents share a room. This is a big hotel (600+ rooms) -- there were multiple groups (including about 15 wedding blocks) staying at the hotel when we were there -- but the Marriott was able to handle it all. My one complaint is that the lobby was not particularly welcoming or elegant, but there was a lounge off of the lobby (and bar/coffee bar) that was good for congregating. We got a special wedding block rate which was quite reasonable for New York. If you are looking for a hotel in Brooklyn, this is a good option -- and based on my checking out some of the more boutique-like options -- may surprisingly be the best of the bunch.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank khakio
Reviewed 19 May 2014

For a recent trip to NYC I tried to book lodging at this hotel, which, as noted earlier, has become my favorite. I ran into difficulties, and wrote directly to the Director of Reservations (bypassing the standard links. Melanie Lisena -- aka Magic Melanie now -- solved my problem with lightening alacrity. I had a reservation and confirmation number in short order. As Director of Reservations, she deals with large systems, matters of policy, and many staff. Yet she treats one ordinary short-stay guy's problem like a big deal. The commitment to treating every guest as really important, every time, sets a standard for the staff generally. It demonstrates by example, not merely by instruction, what it means to be committed to being the best you can be. Running a large hotel is like being the mayor of an especially frenetic city -- and this is one VERY well-run hotel. It's not that things don't go wrong. But the passion for quality control means making sure they are set right as well and quickly as possible.

Room Tip: Some sleep disturbance due to noise of high winds one night
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2014

As a very frequent guest at the Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, I want to express my great appreciation for the warmth, friendliness, and professionalism of the staff as a whole. I'm always impressed at how good I feel when I come back to stay, especially when being away from my family. Everyone should be proud of the wonderful team there who makes being away from home that much easier. Everyone performs her/his duty very well and many go above and beyond. My kudos all around!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We've stayed here since we used this hotel for family and out of town guests for our daughter's wedding four years ago. The staff is friendly, and we have a favorite room that we request and always get. The hotel is spotless, the room is spotless. Room service food is quite good, very promptly served, always hot. The woman who runs the Starbucks coffee bar is always friendly, even at 6 am, and the bartenders are of the old NY variety, willing to chat and tell a story. A subway stop with C, A and F service to NYC is one block away, so the business commute to Manhattan is simple and the per room night hundreds less than the city. Great Brooklyn restaurants are a short walk or cab ride away.

Room Tip: south tower rooms/high floor give you the best view and less siren noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeffrey K
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed here multiple times when I was in the city for work. The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. The room was clean, comfortable and very spacious. The fitness center is great and the pool is a good size (perfect for doing laps). I did not eat at the restaurant but did enjoy a drink at the bar, which was very nice. The hotel is in the perfect location, great for sightseeing and grabbing a quick bite. Lots of shops and restaurants right in the area. Also, the valet parking was great! I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I have been staying at this great hotel, on and off, since 2009. Besides its great location to Brooklyn Heights, DUMBO, and walking distance to the Brooklyn Bridge. The Restaurant offers very good food at reasonable prices and restaurant staff is, without question, one of the finest, friendly and customer oriented that I have had the pleasure to encounter. This includes even the Assistant Food and Bar Operations Manager. From the moment you arrive you are greeted by friendly doormen and bell attendants. The Guest Service Representatives are professional and friendly. The Concierge Lounge offers convenient hours, and its morning and evening staff are among the best we have encountered. The Hotel itself is always immaculately clean. It has a great exercise room, with plenty of equipment, sauna, hot tub and large swimming pool. My wife is a cancer patient, receiving treatment at MSKCC, so we spend long periods of time away from home and this is OUR HOME away from home. We have the ability to stay in a Manhattan Marriott, closer to the hospital but we choose to travel from Brooklyn to the hospital so that we can stay at the Brooklyn Marriott Hotel. Last year when my wife had one of her cancer surgeries, on our return to the hotel, the staff had bought and presented my wife with a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

Room Tip: corner suites appear to be larger.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family