“Very Good”

New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Ranked #11 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 6 October 2008

Stayed here for business in Brooklyn, the location was great, just a block from where I was working. Overall a great hotel, well maintained and very clean (especially when compared to previous experiences in 'upscale' Manhattan hotels).
Food was very good, and restaurant/bar staff friendly.
My only issue was with the noise from the adjacent room that came through the connecting door. This seems to be a common problem with Marriotts, in my experience (maybe with all hotels as well, but I stay almost exclusively at Marriotts.) A fussy toddler kept me awake until 1:30AM, ugh.
Beautiful views from the Concierge Lounge, and presumably from bridge-view rooms.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank mws215
Write a ReviewReviews (2,109)

Reviewed 1 October 2008

We recently stayed at the Brooklyn Marriott for five days in conjunction with our son's wedding. I have rarely been in a hotel where every member of the staff, from doormen, tofront desk, chef, directors of group functons, reservations, general manager, etc. without exception, were so eager to make our stay perfect. Every request, question, or activity was handled superbly with smile. The end result was a perfect stay and wedding. We couldn't be more satisfied.
The hotel is a very modern facility, with excellent location in downtown Brooklyn, close to the subway, and within walking distance to Manhattan, yet priced lower then Manhattan hotels. We have stayed here three times and are looking forward to many more.!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2008

I was impressed with my guest room. It was up to date, clean and very comfortable. The room was top notch. But while my room had a nice flat screen TV it wasn't worth much without a good signal. I called the desk and they said the problem was due to the weather conditions. I found out later after visiting a relative's room that their TV was working just fine.

My issues with service started when I pulled up to the hotel driveway. I had two parties in my car and all of the luggage was taken to one room even though I explained to the bellman that we had two separate reservations. We gave him both of our names. I had to go to the north building to retrieve my luggage and bring it to my room in the south building.

I asked the bellman what I needed to do to park my car. He said to pull into the garage and follow the sign for hotel guests. The attendant inside just pointed me down to the lower level. I've never seen a more confusing hotel garage. Everything was roped off and I couldn't find any anyone until I got to the bottom level. I was eventually able to park but when I checked in I told the desk person that I had a parking ticket. Either she didn't understand me or she was insulted that I didn't let her finish her spiel but I had to ask again at check out for them to put the parking on my bill so I would be able to leave the garage. When I tried to leave the garage the parking attendents weren't sure what to do to get me out of the garage. It took them three tries to get the gate opened for me.

I really wanted to like this hotel because the rooms were nice. But the service was weak and I expected much more for the money I paid.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2008

We liked this hotel very much. It was clean. Nice rooms. Decent workout area, pool, etc. Ours had a nice view. It's right down the street from the Brooklyn Bridge and an easy walk to a fabulous view of Manhattan. It's in a great neighborhood with lots of restaurants, but it not too convenient to the sights of NY. We would certainly stay there again but would prefer something a little more convenient.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank travelincritic
Reviewed 17 September 2008

We stayed at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott for one night when we were in town for a wedding in Brooklyn. The hotel is very nice, and the rooms were great. The bedding was high quality and the toiletries and toilet paper were as well. The service was very friendly and responsive, and the Sunday brunch was delicious.

The price was comparable to a Manhattan hotel, and the hotel on a rather busy downtown Brooklyn street. I lived in Brooklyn for four years, so I'm very much pro-Brooklyn, but if you had business in Manhattan this hotel would be rather inconvenient. Cabs were plentiful at the hotel, and there is a subway nearby, but you have to walk a bit to get to any of the quaint Brooklyn Heights shopping and restaurants. For the price, I'd recommend staying in Manhattan if that's where your business is.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cranky_Traveler
Reviewed 16 September 2008

We just returned from a two night stay. Can't say enough about the staff; to a person they were pleasant, friendly and helpful and you got the feeling that they wanted you to enjoy your time at the hotel. Our room was on the 15th floor with a great view. The room was spacious (especially for NY) and clean and the bed very comfortable. There were extra pillows and a blanket in the closet and there was also a small refrigerator for guest use. The room was very quiet and there was never a wait for the elevator. The concierge lounge on the 23rd floor was a big plus. The view was spectacular! The subway was a short distance away which made getting to Manhattan very easy. There were also many good restaurants within walking distance and the area felt very safe.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2008

I spent one night at the marriot brooklyn Bridge and I loved it.

The room we had was huge and nicely furnished with a nice red chaise.The hotel itself was clean and new.

The location is great if you re a Brooklyn lover : you ll stay in Brooklyn heights.Really close to Fulton street mall where you can find the really cool pair of Nike Dunk you ve always been looking for:)

Anyway, the hotel is also really convenient for tourists who want to visit Manhattan.the closest metro station is 5/10 minutes walk so you may want to consider that.But you ll be walking in NYC anyway..

Compared to the outrageous price they charge in Manhattan the marriot bkn is a great deal. i m sure a room like this in manhattan would go for $600.

The gym was nice and clean too.

Bad thing you have to pay for inernet (like in Manhattan)

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple