“Great location, decent hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge

New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Ranked #17 of 70 Hotels in Brooklyn
Round Rock, Texas
“Great location, decent hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Decent hotel with ok decor, ok beds, ok bathrooms. The lobby people were very friendly and helpful. The best part about this hotel was its location. Just a few minutes from the restaurants, subways, Brooklyn bridge.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Aniutochka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Two night stay for a conference at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott. The hotel is great for a business stay. Can't beat the location, next to restaurants. Staff is helpful business like. Some wear is obvious in the lobby, roons., and conference areas but it is very clean.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This Marriott is a well run example of the chain--but it's real value is in it's location in uber-hip Brooklyn. The best room is the one you spend little time in--go out and enjoy the neighborhoods and walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to visit old New Amsterdam

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
nuneaton, warks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful 3 night break at this Hotel. It was mine and my husbands 40th & 50th Birthdays whilst we were there and it was just perfect! The room was lovely (on the 22nd floor) it overlooked the east river and to the right you could see the brooklyn bridge - really stunning views and the king size bed was dreamy after a really long first day with an 8 hr flight and then off into NYC - we slept like babies!! The shower was AMAZING as well, it was power shower heaven! We didn't do breakfast but the concierge gave us a couple of great tips for nice breakfasts in Brooklyn so that was great.

The bar was nice, had a few tipples in there - lovely staff!

The hotel was located conveniently near a few subways, we mainly used the one at the rear (jay street) as it was the nearest and were in NYC in no time at all. We used the subway for most of our stay! Do not let the fact that this is in Brooklyn put you off - the subway is very easily accesible and you can walk across the Brooklyn Bridge (a must do) and you are in Lower manhattan!

The only gripe i have is that you would have to pay for WIFI; This is not good. In the UK most hotels offer this as a perk - something to think about Marriott.

Altogether a FANTASTIC stay which made our birthdays just perfect. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: ask for a view of the east river.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lynnetripmum
SIbrahim_Brklyn, General Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Greetings I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your Brooklyn Marriott experience here on TripAdvisor. We are very fortunate to have TripAdvisor in existence as it gives travelers an opportunity to share their experience with others. The Brooklyn Marriott location is ideal as you and so many others have mentioned. Thank you also for the many other compliments (bed, view, staff and ease of traveling). I’m so glad you had the opportunity to stay with us and hope to see you again soon – Best Wishes for a wonderful summer & Happy Birthday. Sam Ibrahim, GM
Columbus. Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

As always, I had a nicely appointed room, very clean, very quiet. The room seemed especially large for NYC. Location was great, with easy access to a couple of subway lines. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. As an aside, my points earned me free wifi, but I'm with the reviewer who said, "$15 a day for WiFi? Seriously?" At $300 a night for a room, if I had to pay to check my emails or do some online searches, I'd be upset enough that I'd likely look for another hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank peebs777
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

When I planned my Brooklyn trip this was the first hotel I checked and was so happy it was available as I wanted to use it as a base to explore the surrounding neighborhood in more depth after not really being able to my first visit thanks for some frigid mid-winter temperatures. My second stay was as good and if not in some ways a little better than that first stay so would return again anytime as it's has location, service & amenities all going for it.

I was in room 682 in the same tower as the lobby is in and I liked the location better than the room I'd had previously which was in the north tower and a bit more of a walk. There really wasn't a view as the window faced another side of the building rather than a street or Brooklyn Bridge view which are at more of a premium. I did receive an email offering an upgrade into one of those rooms but declined as I knew I really wasn't going to be in the rooms and would rather be out walking the bridge instead of being in my room looking at it.

The room itself is larger than those normally found in New York so was plenty big for a solo traveller. The tub is a little deeper than others I've found so liked the ability to fill it up and soak away the day-long walks at the end of the day. The big doubles were almost queens and were very comfortable. I'd remembered from my first visit that the safes are found in one of the drawers in the main wardrobe/TV stand/mini-fridge cabinet. No pre-stocked pricey sodas in this mini-fridge either as it was empty and accommodated a few beer and bottle of Coke and kept them quite cold so that was a handy feature for me.

There are some interesting things around the hotel such as the PC's that operate on cash which gave 5 minutes for 5 dollars, if I recall correctly. I wanted to send a quick message to let family know I'd arrived safe and sound and it ate up almost all of that time allotment as the connection wasn't super fast so beware if needing to be on the business center PC's for an extended period of time.

After telling myself I was going to try the pool and Jacuzzi I found despite the longer weekday opening hours of 6 am to 10 pm I didn't make the time to visit. I also spent so much time off-site around the neighborhood I didn't try either the bars or restaurants so sadly can't comment on those either.

Being a larger hotel that often caters to groups & conventions there are times when the lobby area or lower level entrance can fill up but it wasn't often enough to adversely impact my stay and those attending the events I found were often very polite & friendly so the few times it was busier it wasn't much of an issue. I mention it in case there are those who like quiet hotel lobbies where you can hideaway with a book or a drink or both in a corner. This is a larger hotel so will have the ability to accommodate larger groups and conventions and you see and feel that at times.

In the end despite a few quirks here & there the overall quality of the rooms, the staff and the excellent is what keeps me coming back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tcook052
Niagara Falls, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The rooms were very up to date and impeccably clean. Bell man and desk services very professional. Walking distance to businesses, courts, schools, shopping and restaurants. Also a short walk over the BB to Manhattan, an unexpected treat. Great scenery, superb views. I have returned to same hotel on previous business, well worth the second visit. Will return!

Room Tip: Quiter rooms are higher up. Remember you are in NY get ready to walk!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business