“Fabulous hotel and service, perfect alternative to Manhattan”

New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
Ranked #12 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Excellent service right from the start (valet) to the front desk staff. We had 2 rooms, both with partial views of Manhattan. Apparently the room with the 2 double beds was much larger than mine with a king bed (still plenty spacious). Typical Marriott amenties in the room, very clean throughout.

Room Tip: Get as high a room as they have available and ask what the view would be.
1  Thank Joanfam3
Write a ReviewReviews (2,084)

999 - 1,005 of 2,084 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Although we'd been to Brooklyn many times, we had a bit of trepidation when traveling there for the first time with a 9-month old. Upon entry the staff was very hospitable, from providing toys at check in, to the bell hop's helpful tips for things to do with kids. Even the housekeeping staff stopped to play with our daughter. The hotel itself has great facilities, including a pool (one of the few), gym, and 23rd floor executive lounge. We will make this our home away from home when visiting New York from now on.

Room Tip: Higher the better the view. Also tip the bellhop well for executive lounge access keys.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

City center hotels - in general - can be hit and miss. I found this one to be way above average in all respects. I spent 2 nights in NYC, here and the Waldorf Astoria - there is no comparison, with the Marriott coming out ahead in every respect, the the Astoria has the edge in price gouging, indifference and grime.

Room, service, location were all well above average and exactly what one would expect from the brand. I would highly recommend this location to anyone needing to stay centrally in NYC - a cab to the major manahatten locations is $12 and you're handily placed for the attractions of Brooklyn and nearby Williamsburg.

Absolute thumbs up.

Room Tip: Higher the better, North side view for a classic look @ Brooklyn Bridge.
1  Thank p9jxh6
Reviewed 26 June 2014

First, this hotel is huge. Whether that is a good or bad thing is up to your preference. Rooms are normal Marriott style and pretty decent-sized for NYC standards. Hotel is in a good location. bar was normal bar; pretty expensive with ok food. wine was 1-2$ more per glass than it should have been--even for NYC prices. People who worked at the hotel were quite nice, but everything took quite a bit longer than it should have. lines at the front desk were long the entire time I was there, and though the bell desk and concierge were not crowded, they were not able to assist (once I needed a new key card and the other time I needed to pick up a package. i'm not sure if the concierge truly couldn't help or just didn't want to. she was grumpy and short with me). picking up my package took almost 30 minutes of me waiting in the lobby for them to return. I also sent fed ex packages (even though the front desk staff told me that they did not have fed ex labels or boxes even in teh business center; spoiler alert--they did). I sent them priority overnight and evidently the hotel didn't process them in time because rather than first thing Friday morning, my packages arrived first thing monday. when i talked to fed ex, who still charged me for the expensive overnight price, they said that the hotel didn't process my packages until friday even though I turned them in to the hotel early thursday. so, just frustrating. There were other little things that just were a little subpar in terms of service, even though the people were very nice when tney told me no, gave me long information or otherwise took a long time.

I'm a gold-level Marriott rewards member and pretty easy when it comes to hotels. this one was fine but overall, I was underwhelmed and would stay at the fairfield in BK next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
megm71, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the sub par service especially from our concierge desk. We are happy to hear that the staff was helpful but we look for efficiency along with hospitality. We appreciate your gold status with our hotel and hope to get the opportunity to host you again.

Please feel free to reach out to me via email at meghna.mathur@marriott.com or at 718 222 6568. I look forward to hearing from you and making your next stay brilliant.

Kind Regards,
Meghna

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had one of the best experiences at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge. We flew to New York to have a small and intimate weekend wedding at City Hall with a dinner reception at the Marriott. From the moment we arrived at the hotel everything was just beautiful. The reservation's manager/wedding coordinator Sabrina was outstanding. Her help with the entire process, from booking the bridal room and our wedding party, to her advice with the reception at the Archive Restaurant, we truly had the best time of our lives.

We walked into our room after a long and difficult day of travel into rose petals and sparkling cider and chocolate covered strawberries. This was especially considerate since we don't drink. The room was AMAZING. We just couldn't believe it. We were in total awe each day. We are so happy that we had the chance to experience it.

Eugene, the restaurant manager and his staff were awesome. I had the pleasure of meeting him on the afternoon before the reception. We were stunned at the beauty of the room. My guests were also amazed. So classy and beautiful. We loved the food. The restaurant staff was professional and accommodating. For what was meant to be a small and intimate gathering, turned out to be the best event ever. We will choose Marriott every time we are in Brooklyn from now on. We are already planning another trip this year, just because.

We highly recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I come to Brooklyn at least 4 times a year and decided this time around to try this Marriott, big mistake! The hotel rooms need work, beds are small and not to the standards I've seen with other Marriott hotels. On top of it, the hotel had activities each night so we couldn't sleep until 11 because of the loud noise.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

House keeper was very friendly, proactive and able to serve not only requests made, but above and beyond that. Hospitality was good. Recommend the hotel for service and location.The lobby people were very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business