Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
bbunko
Southington, Connecticut

Wonderful Marriott

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Jul 2019
I've been staying here weekly since February 2019. The rooms and common areas are clean and recently updated. The M Club has a delicious breakfast and good light apps and deserts in the evening. The staff makes this experience memorable. Beverly, Agnes, Angelo, Donald and Leonard (as well as every other staff member- sorry that I can't list you all) go above and beyond to welcome me each week. The team is attentive and very pleasant even when there is a crowd waiting to check in from one of the airlines who use this for their flight crews. The location is very convenient - in between two different subway stations - which put you in Manhattan in minutes - and many rooms have views of the nearby Brooklyn Bridge or Statue of Liberty. Close to many excellent dining choice, the Promenade and all that Brooklyn has to offer. Fitness Center and pool are clean (Fitness Center tends to be a bit warm) and of course the Marriott beds are great. Some rooms are a bit dark and could have more lighting in the bathrooms, but overall a great choice in Brooklyn.
Date of stay: July 2019
Room Tip: North tower is more convenient to Fitness Center and Pool. Some South tower rooms have great views
Trip type: Travelled on business
  • ZenHotels.com
    £148
0.8 miles from New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
View more hotels in Brooklyn
All reviews m club brooklyn bridge front desk new york hotel bar room was spacious mini fridge statue of liberty subway station leonard beverly angelo nyc bellman platinum couch neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2019

I used to only stay at Marriott Hotels about 20 years ago......but then something changed. The rooms weren't quite so 'pristine' as they used to be.....the service wasn't so good..... So I changed to the Hilton....

This summer my family and I needed a hotel in Brooklyn, and so thought we'd give the Marriott another try. We were very disappointed.... On arrival the bell boy was rude and unhelpful... which wasn't good as we had many bags.....

However, the young man who seemed to double as a bellman and also worked behind the reception desk was most helpful.....and ordered the necessary taxis etc., we would need the next morning.

The whole paying for 'extras' which weren't really explained to us at reception was quite bizarre.....

I could go on....but won't. In future I'll continue to use the Hilton.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Heather M
TeamMarriott, General Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2019

Dear Heather M,

Thank you for your candid review. We are sorry you didn't experience our staff at their best and that you were disappointed with the extra costs associated with your visit. Our fees are competitively priced and posted on our website so guests can have this information prior to booking with us. However, we do understand your frustrations if these costs came as a surprise to you and we are truly sorry for that. We have taken your concerns to our team to ensure all guests are informed of any fees at check-in, and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you will visit us again in the future so we can provide you with a better stay.

Reviewed 11 July 2019 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in July. The staff were welcoming and very efficient from the moment we arrived. We travel a great deal and it is rare to find a hotel where the staff appear to be so happy and eager to please. The hotel is well located and the rooms are very comfortable and what you would expect from a newly renovated Marriott property. What made our stay so enjoyable was the positive attitude we experienced from the front doorman, to the front desk staff to the hotel manager. Of special mention is Yahira at the front desk and Santosh ( director of operations). We will most definitely be back to this hotel whenever staying in Brooklyn.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lolawm
TeamMarriott, General Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2019

Dear lolawm,

Thank you for choosing the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge and for your lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed our newly transformed contemporary hotel and that you were impressed by our outstanding service. We will surely share your compliments with Yahira and Santosh. We look forward to your next visit and wish you all the best with your travels.

Reviewed 7 July 2019

This past 4th of July I had the great honor to attend the wedding of a cherished family member. As such I now consider it so fortunate that the block of rooms where at the NY Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge. Fortunate because I got the opportunity to meet a thoughtful outstanding member of Team Marriott. Her name is Casey Fitzgerald and she is my shinning Star because she went out of her way to accommodate my dietary needs as I must be Gluten Free for health reasons. She spoke direct with the Head Chef and was able to get me and off the menu breakfast without so much of an after thought. Casey treated me like a real person and that is very refreshing as in our world today often making a request for GF Food is met with various levels of disdain. Now here is the even cooler part this last week was Casey's first week! Yes, first week! Good gracious the world is only up for someone with this level of caring! I would be remiss to not also express how awesome the whole vibe of this establishment is from all the team members I met. The place was as busy as Grand Central Station but never for a moment did I nor any of the members of wedding group not feel they where totally taken care of on all levels. Oh, yes, I almost forgot, location wise for touring awesome Brooklyn or NYC, via the Brooklyn Bridge, to name just one access point, you absolutely can not make a better choice!

1  Thank Richard R
TeamMarriott, General Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2019

Dear Richard R,

Thank you for choosing to stay at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge while you were here for attending the wedding. We are thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay and your comments regarding the exceptional service you received from Casey. We want to make sure each guest that stays with us feels special. We are very privileged to have a team that shares this passion daily. Your kinds words are being passed on to her to let her know that her efforts do not go unnoticed. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2019

Letter sent to Mrs. Brown-Clarke

Dear Mrs. Brown-Clarke,
I hope all is well. I just wanted to send a personal note to thank you for your exceptional service last weekend. I've stayed at many hotels over the years and Marriott is my hotel of choice (the only choice I make if given a chance) because of the staff that I encounter at Marriott brands. My favorite Marriott property is the Opera Ambassador in Paris (the staff is amazing and well- it's Paris) but the Brooklyn hotel has become my second favorite- because of you. Thank you for being such an attentive, professional, friendly and welcoming member of the Marriott team.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JaBari_Brown
TeamMarriott, General Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2019

Dear JaBari_Brown,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge - it's great to know we exceeded your expectations. We are thrilled to read about your fantastic experience and how much you enjoyed our hospitality. We strive to make sure every guest feels at home, and we will be sure to share your compliments with Mrs. Brown. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Big Apple.

Reviewed 3 July 2019 via mobile

We have been here four days. Great staff superb Brooklyn location. Only negative limited food options mornings and afternoon. Would return! Get a room in new building too. Go to iron chef house in Brooklyn.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Foothillbilly
TeamMarriott, General Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2019

Dear Foothillbilly,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge. We are glad to know you liked our convenient location and excellent service. We strive to make sure every guest feels at home, and we will be sure to share your compliments with our team. We will consider your feedback the next time we update our menu selections. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next visit to the Big Apple.