Lowest prices for your stay
£297
Hotels.com
£297
All reviews m club brooklyn bridge front desk new york hotel bar room was spacious mini fridge statue of liberty subway station leonard beverly angelo nyc bellman platinum couch neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2019

This hotel is actually one of my favourite places to stay. I have never been unsatisfied with the quality of the hotel, the cleanliness of the place, and the service. What prevents me from giving top marks in my review is the destination fee.

For my purposes, this hotel is best choice I can make when I visit New York City. While I can tolerate staying in Manhattan, I prefer hotel rooms that are larger than a postage stamp. Consistently, this hotel has given me spacious suites, and the last two stays were no exception given my platinum status in the Marriott world. The location in downtown Brooklyn meant we were surrounded by several subway lines, specifically the A, C, E, F, R, 2, 3, 4, and 5 lines. It made commuting into Manhattan a very quick trip. We utilized the club lounge extensively for breakfast, and was pleasantly surprised on two occasions in the lounge when one evening, on top of the hors d'oerives served, they had a Cuban food station with pulled pork shoulder, salad, and plantains, and an omelette station one morning during breakfast. The usual breakfast fare was consistently good, however the same items were served every day (bacon, hash browns, scrambled eggs, a non-pork protein, and an egg white dish). The enhanced wifi option was very fast. Our housekeeper on the 20th floor kept our room immaculately clean every day.

What gets me is the destination fee, and why I wouldn't give a top grade. I understand it is now a standard charge at most 4 star hotels in New York, and $25 is not unreasonable when I looked at similar charges at other hotels. That said, I don't like them, but if that's part of the price you pay, you can always book somewhere else. Your $25 could be applied to purchases at the bar, pantry, or the club lounge breakfast if you didn't have status. But $25 doesn't go a long way for drinks if you're ordering them at the bar. I thought $16 for a glass of wine was a little much, as was the $10 draft beer. I was also told the $25 had to spent on a daily basis, so if you didn't use all or any of it on a given day, you could not apply it towards purchases on other days. The hotel also gave you a $20 daily credit towards dry cleaning and laundry, but after looking at the prices for this service, I'm surprised anyone who has time to find a local dry cleaner or laundomat would use this service. Seriously, $8 to clean a pair of socks? Save yourself the aggravation of that and walk two blocks to Macy's or Century 21 and buy new ones.

I would more enthusiastic in recommending this hotel if the destination fee was eliminated or more flexibility could be used in applying the charge.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank blkjck5697
TeamMarriott, General Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2019

Dear blkjck5697,

Thank you for being loyal to our brand and for your detailed review of the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge. We strive to make sure every guest feels at home, and we will be sure to share your compliments with our team. However, we regret your disappointment with our destination fee. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Big Apple.

Reviewed 29 July 2019

We reserved a suite her at $800 per night. What a joke. The services is non existent. We couldn’t get a roll away until two trips to the front desk at midnight. We tried calling and our phones didn’t work. When complaining at front desk they said this was my fault apparently. They said maintenance and housekeeping aren’t controlled by the manager of the hotel! Seriously. Never ever stay here. Staff is rude and won’t solve problems. Never written a good or bad review before until now. Avoid this hotel at all costs.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Quest176703
Austin J, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor! The feedback you have provided is very concerning as it is not in line with the service expectation we have for our team. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we are in the process of addressing the concern. TripAdvisor unfortunately does not provide names or room numbers and I was hoping you could provide me this information so we can research this matter further. Could you kindly e-mail these details to me at Austin.jones@marriott.com.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Austin Jones

Reviewed 28 July 2019

quick easy and efficient check-in, Valey parking service, friendly staff, and a large club room, located with easy access hotel was clean and comfortable but a bit outdated and in need of renovation price was reasonable

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank brucegurfein
TeamMarriott, General Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2019

Dear brucegurfein,

Thank you for choosing the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge and for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted you enjoyed the smooth check-in upon arrival, exceptional service, and outstanding location! However, we regret not meeting some of your expectations and value your helpful feedback. Thank you once more for the generous rating; we look forward to your next visit and wish you all the best with your travels.

Reviewed 23 July 2019

I've been staying here weekly since February 2019. The rooms and common areas are clean and recently updated. The M Club has a delicious breakfast and good light apps and deserts in the evening. The staff makes this experience memorable. Beverly, Agnes, Angelo, Donald and Leonard (as well as every other staff member- sorry that I can't list you all) go above and beyond to welcome me each week. The team is attentive and very pleasant even when there is a crowd waiting to check in from one of the airlines who use this for their flight crews. The location is very convenient - in between two different subway stations - which put you in Manhattan in minutes - and many rooms have views of the nearby Brooklyn Bridge or Statue of Liberty. Close to many excellent dining choice, the Promenade and all that Brooklyn has to offer. Fitness Center and pool are clean (Fitness Center tends to be a bit warm) and of course the Marriott beds are great. Some rooms are a bit dark and could have more lighting in the bathrooms, but overall a great choice in Brooklyn.

Room tip: North tower is more convenient to Fitness Center and Pool. Some South tower rooms have great views
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank bbunko
Reviewed 21 July 2019

I used to only stay at Marriott Hotels about 20 years ago......but then something changed. The rooms weren't quite so 'pristine' as they used to be.....the service wasn't so good..... So I changed to the Hilton....

This summer my family and I needed a hotel in Brooklyn, and so thought we'd give the Marriott another try. We were very disappointed.... On arrival the bell boy was rude and unhelpful... which wasn't good as we had many bags.....

However, the young man who seemed to double as a bellman and also worked behind the reception desk was most helpful.....and ordered the necessary taxis etc., we would need the next morning.

The whole paying for 'extras' which weren't really explained to us at reception was quite bizarre.....

I could go on....but won't. In future I'll continue to use the Hilton.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Heather M
TeamMarriott, General Manager at New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2019

Dear Heather M,

Thank you for your candid review. We are sorry you didn't experience our staff at their best and that you were disappointed with the extra costs associated with your visit. Our fees are competitively priced and posted on our website so guests can have this information prior to booking with us. However, we do understand your frustrations if these costs came as a surprise to you and we are truly sorry for that. We have taken your concerns to our team to ensure all guests are informed of any fees at check-in, and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you will visit us again in the future so we can provide you with a better stay.