“Would never book here again”

Econo Lodge Vincennes
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Vincennes
Argos, Indiana
“Would never book here again”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The one good thing I can say is that we received a hassle-free refund. I booked a nonsmoking room due to severe health issues I have. 1st there was no parking available near our room, we would've had to park on the other side of the building. My fiance checked the room first just because by his impression of the lobby he had a feeling I would have some trouble. Even he, who is a smoker, couldn't stand the smell of the room. It was like (and I did go in to see myself) someone stayed there for a month and chain smoked stogies. The room appeared fairly clean although there were quite a few flies. We were told that the room had been a smoking room but was repainted and carpeted. We were given the option of switching rooms but we didn't want the hassle of going through the same thing again so we went across the street. More expensive but worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed 16 April 2012

While on a motorcycle trip to east central Illinois, I made reservations for the six of us at the local EconoLodge in Vincennes, IN. The previous year we stayed at the Days Inn which was about $80 of not a good room for the night; so decided to stay across the parking lot this time and get a much better rate. The rate was $58/night compared to $75 at Days Inn, and unfortunately, the room was no better, but really was not much worse than at the Days Inn.

Obviously the TV was the old tube type which is no big deal; but when I see one now in a motel room, it screams of the owner not having the $$ to update the property, or not "wanting to". Cleanliness was "fair" at best, however, tub looked like it needed to be bleached out or something from stains, as well as the bathroom sink counter top. Carpet looked new, but front door of room appeared to never get cleaned as well as the mirror in the bathroom as they both had some kind of "drip" marks running down them. (Doesn't anyone EVER look at this stuff when they are cleaning the room?)

The bed was comfortable enough and the heating/cooling system worked well. It's definitely a "Motel 6" kind of motel but was on the cutting edge of really going downhill fast. We also got microwaves and refrigerators in our rooms which was a nice touch. The room also didn't have that "smell" in it like a musty moldy smell you get in older rundown motels. This too was a bonus. I guess for the money, I would chance this motel again next year, but I have a feeling that after another year passes, I will likely rate this motel in the "Poor" category. I guess we'll see in 365 days when we pass through Vincennes, IN again!

Room Tip: I was placed next to the laundry room which was surprisingly quiet. I would suggest "away"...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Michigan
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Business in the area required a one night stay. Econo lodge had the best rate and looked as good as any of the budget motels in the neighborhood. My first floor room was recently renovated; new bedspread on a very comfortable firm bed. Microwave, mini-fridge, quiet heat/ac unit, new carpet and furniture. Bathroom fixtures updated except an older tub which was OK. Parked at the door. Coffee and a bagel in the morning were satisfactory. Overall, very good value; clean and comfortable!

Room Tip: I simply asked for a room that did not have someone next to me; did not want to test the sound proof...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MBeachBum
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 3 December 2008

Hotel is clean, decent place providing good lodging for a fair price.
We had three complaints:
1 - Because of its location and nearby construction, there was a fair amount of traffic noise. Much of this should decrease when the construction is done.
2 - Poor disability access. The access ramp is cut into the edge of an end space, unmarked as a walkway, and sure enough, someone parked right in front of the ramp during the night.
3 - Breakfast was very limited and had little that wasn't sugar-loaded.

• Stayed November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank member34
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vincennes
Red Roof Inn Vincennes
#4 of 7 in Vincennes
Gas Lite Motel Lawrenceville
Gas Lite Motel Lawrenceville
#1 of 1 in Lawrenceville

Been to Econo Lodge Vincennes? Share your experiences!