“Funky place”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Vincennes
Chicago, Illinois
“Funky place”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

There are not that many choices in the area and the HIE was booked. I booked the room for $99.95 a night being a gold elite member. I did not notice in the description or images that is motel has outside doors, which I avoid. Then my room faced the highway, on the first floor.
As I sat down at the nice deck, the walls shook as someone slammed a door. I thought for sure this was the beginning of a nightmare. Well the room turned out to be quiet, no road noise.
The guests were all quiet, The large room was clean, even though it was a dated. It was a real large room about 24 feet long, and large counter area with a sink, frig and microwave adjacent to the bathroom. If you had a family, they would be happy. The TV was a newer flat screen and king size bed had a memory foam top. Breakfast was a little sparse compared tom most chains. There are 2 buildings that make up the motel too. I survived the night. The staff was pleasant. They give you a key and plastic stick, that you have to put into a wall slot, to keep the power on in the room. I haven't seen that since I was in Brazil. You just have to know what this place offers for the money.

Room Tip: Go for the second floor away from HWY 41.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Harry P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 8128822100.

BEST WESTERN The Inn of Old Vincennes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Murfreesboro, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I should have known better when I tried to book a room and tried to explain to them that I really needed a downstairs room and they did not even try to look ahead to tell me when one might be available...all I kept getting was THIS IS ALL WE HAVE MA'AM! When I get there the man at the front desk Dee was very rude! waited until after the entire check in process to tell me there was NO HOT WATER...oooh but they were fixing it AND DID NOT EVEN OFFER A DISCOUNTED RATE! The room was hard to get too and musty smelling. They said NO PETS ALLOWED and yet there were people at the INCLOSED POOL with a dog AND letting it in the pool!!!!! TERRIBLY MANAGED!!!! EXTREMELY RUDE PEOPLE!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Harry P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Jarrod H

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 8128822100.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

The Inn of Old Vincennes exceeded my expectations. The accommodations in the king-bed room were very spacious and comfortable. Having a vanity in the tub-toilet room and a larger vanity in the main area was really a positive in convenience. There were plenty of outlets, rare in most hotel rooms. I was surprised by the modern initiatives: card-activated room-lighting conservation and the clean remote for the TV. Breakfast was more than adequate, and the coffee was delicious.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Vicki L

Dallas
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This was my second night on a motorcycle trip. My first night was in a KOA Kabin just east of Kansas City. This was not the hotel I was planning on staying at but it was where I was. I have been told Best Westerns are motorcycle friendly and I needed a room. It is very near the major highways although I came to town my way of old US Route 50. I was on a travel the old roads trip. I wasn't sure of the area of town but the manager assured me it was safe and it was. Although it was of the older style, outside entry with big windows, which sometimes can mean problems the room was clean, everything worked, staff was friendly, and price was right. Breakfast was the typical high carb. There is an indoor pool plus work out room which I did not use either. Upon leaving the next morning to go to the George Rogers Clark Monument, very worth the visit, I observed the area I had just stayed in. It did look OK so I would say the manager was truthful. There were no fancy places to eat near by and it was an older part of town and near some industrial operations. Well, all of Vincennes is older.

Room Tip: I broke some of my tips on this one. I did not check the room, I trusted the brand, it was of the o...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Harry P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Dear Mr.Leroy

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I travel southern Indiana and Illinois at least once a month normally stayed at Holiday inn or Hampton inn.last time I was in Vincennes try to stay at Holiday Inn express but they were full they recommend best western inn.I was going that way and saw new hotel town place by Marriott try to check in but rate was too high to compare what amenities i was getting.I do not want to stay at Best Western but before I rent a room i ask to see room.person was at front desk was very nice and friendly, show me room, It was surprised how big(HUGE) room was.front desk told me that all rooms are same and remodel.I stayed their for night at good rate.bed was nice and comfy, room was spotless very clean and Breakfast very good too.definitely i will stay their again

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Harry P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear coy Taber,

North Vernon
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We stayed one night in Vincennes, Indiana. Very clean facilities, inside and out. Personnel very helpful and friendly. Surprised how quiet our room was and we were on the front side of the hotel, closest to the road. Breakfast was very good with plenty of hot and cold choices. Coffee was very good! Didn't use the pool (you must go outside the building to get to the pool). Room was very well decorated and the bed and bedding were awesome! I wish we had been able to just lay around that morning..as I didn't want to get out of that comfy bed! Also, there must be plenty of insulation in these buildings, as we had the heater set on low (it was in the 30s overnight) and it never kicked on that we know of...at least we didn't hear it running if it did. That was really nice. Will definitely stay here again if in the area. Also, at this facility, you have control of the lighting by inserting your room key into a slot on the wall behind the door. It activates all electricity to the room, so this prevents wasteful use of the lights when you are not in the room. Very green thinking. Also, the remote is a "clean remote", with recessed buttons that are very easy to keep clean - one of the dirtiest items in a hotel room. Kudos to this establishment for helping with disease prevention along with energy conservation.
Only negative comment is that when they make the bed, they tuck all layers of bedding into the sides. So, when you pull out the top sheet, the bottom sheet comes out too, so you have to basically make the bed again...or you will have the bottom sheet sliding all over during the night. When I mentioned this to the front desk clerk, she said that this is the "Best Western way", and that they are instructed to do this. Please stop tucking in all the bedding...I don't pay to stay in a hotel to have to make my own bed.
We have stayed 2 times in the past 4 months at Best Western hotels. I feel they are changing their image, and from what we have seen, the accommodations are greatly improving

Room Tip: You must go outside of the building to access the indoor pool, so ask for a room near it if you want...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Harry P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Dear Ms. Mommacatt:

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

A special Thank You for your input concerning how the bed could be made to facilitate comfort more easily. We have informed housekeeping of changes needed in order to acomplish this.

Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Out to the country to visit with family in Western Indiana. This Best Western is a big step up from the last place we stayed several years ago (in fact, that previous motel is now closed!!) Friendly desk clerk, clean room - HUGE!! Could put a couch in there to fill the empty space!! Didn't stay for breakfast since we had plans to meet family at a restaurant in town. Would definetly stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Harry P, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Vincennes, responded to this review, 9 December 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guest in the future. We hope that you will come back and see us again soon.

BEST WESTERN The Inn of Old Vincennes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vincennes
TownePlace Suites Vincennes
#1 of 3 in Princeton
Super 8 Vincennes
Super 8 Vincennes
#4 of 7 in Vincennes

Been to Red Roof Inn Vincennes? Share your experiences!