“Wonderful place to stay with family”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Silver City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful place to stay with family”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This hotel is clean, quite, friendly to children. It has great pool. Breakfast if fulfilling all in all a great place away from home. Truly would stay again when I pass through.Staff were well informed about local places to eat and very respectful. rooms were clean and beds were just great.

Room Tip: Upper floor back side was very quite.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank felicia s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed 8 March 2013

When one thinks Econo Lodge one thinks low end of choice chain, this is not the case with this hotel. starting with the manager, Ms. Kilgore who greeted me with a warm smile and asked how my stay was going when doing what I assumed was her rounds in the halls. to asking if there was anything that she could do to make my stay better. her questions rang true like she really wanted to make sure my stay was as good as it could be. breakfast bar is one of the best i have ever encountered, see many in my travels this has to be the front desk staff was welcoming and had great thoughts when asked about local food the kid on the day shift Ben I believe his name was made sure I understood everything about the charges to my credit card, asked several times if there was anything else I needed greeted me with a smile and great manners. everything was clean, even the towels were bright white something you do not see to much of these days with so many hotels cutting corners I am so glad this Econo lodge has stayed the course and has earned it's second PLATINUM award in the choice chain, I stay at a lot of choice hotels I know the standards for this award are high and look to see when I travel if the city has a choice award hotel, because I know i will not be disappointed. on a closing note when you stay here check out the pool and hot tub two of the best maintained I have ever seen, very clean, safe and comfortable.

Room Tip: honestly I do not think there is a bad room in the house.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank jim46307
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We used to stay here. Didn't mind (at times) that it was a little overpriced, outdated and the food made your tummy gurgle a bit, but now I will never rent from there again. When the customer service went down hill, we decided to stay at a different place down the hill. Ha! Rude manager and when we complained about a hazard and noise the woman who "helped" us was anything but empathetic. Enough is enough.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank AugustSongbird
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 6 March 2013

After the experience I had in this hotel I can only wonder what the criteria is for a platinum award. My daughter,son-in-law and 3 1/2 year old grandson stayed here for 2 nights. Whiie my grandson was in the pool we found a sharp and ragged plastic cover to a light fixture in the pool. My grandson cut his had on it. When I reported this to the staff on duty and later to the management I was told that they were not responsible for what customers did on the property. Many of the breakfast items were gone when we went to the breakfast buffet and when I informed the staff I was told that that is what happens when everybody decides to eat at the same time. When I spoke with the manager of the hotel (Rena) and told her I would not be staying at this hotel again she curtly replied,"that's fine, there is a Comfort Inn next door you can stay at." Folks, take her advice and stay there!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Florence, Oregon
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This is the best Silver City currently has to offer. As another reviewer said, this could well be the best Econolodge in the chain. The beds are great. Take your own pillow. 2 nice flat screens in the suites. It's pretty quiet if you ask for rooms 117 up. Consider odd numbered rooms since they are opposite the highway. Breakfast is a step above with not only the obligatory waffles and cereal but sausage, bacon, biscuits etc.
This is a nice, newly refurbished place in Silver City. It is your best choice.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank rlpack1956
Rapid City
Reviewed 8 February 2013

One of the better Econo Lodge's I have stayed at. Stayed on first floor near lobby, and it does get loud around 5 am when people start getting up and moving around. Room was not serviced on first night. Went to front desk to inquire why, and could not find anyone for at least 30 min, and then gave up. Breakfast was okay, rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Bathroom is very small, barely enough room to turn around.

Room Tip: Get a room away from front lobby. Very loud in the morning. Probably didnt help that the door from e...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Robmicgrn
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night. It was better than most Econo Lodges. We had booked a king room, but the receptionist put us in a room with two doubles. When I complained, he said they didn't have king rooms that allowed pets. I protested, saying that the website made no mention of this policy. He went out of his way to make sure we got a king room. He even took our cell phone number so that we could go out for dinner for our anniversary, and he would call us if the dog was barking. Breakfast was good, with eggs and sausage, as well as all of the other usual suspects. If we return to Siver City we would stay there again

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple