Quality Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Motel 6 Silver City(Silver City)
View Hotel
Copper Manor Motel(Silver City)
Palace Hotel(Silver City)
  • Breakfast included
Murray Hotel(Silver City)
View Hotel
Gila Mountain Inn(Silver City)
View Hotel
All reviewsecono lodgewafflesroom was cleangreat hot breakfastthe hotel staffbiscuits and gravya nice place to staysuper friendlywould stay here againtwo queen bedsbreakfast was includedparking lotmini fridgehave stayed here several timeselectric outletsdesk clerkpool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Stayed at the hotel on our way through Silver City. Staff was very friendly at check in. We could not get the TV to work so I called down to the office and someone was up within minutes to fix the problem. Rooms are clean and spacious. In the morning have a nice continental breakfast in there dinning area. Thank you to the staff for a wonderful stay we will be back

• Stayed: August 2013
Paaru, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our goal is to exceed customer service expectations for all of our guests. We will share this review with all of our staff.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Because of summer vacations and the fire in the area it was difficult to find rooms. The front desk staff did everything they could to book me a room for two weeks and then extend it another week. Appreciate establishments who work with their customers. Good breakfast and the rooms are like new and very clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Paaru, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you for the postive feedback. This is the first public review for our new GM Zach Holcomb. Zach excels in customer service and that is why we chose him to be our GM. That is evident from this review. Our goal at the Econo Lodge of Silver City, NM is to try to exceed all customer expectations and provide the best customer service possible. Zach has the background and knowledge as a GM to help us attain those goals. Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Well, we didn't have reservations and we were greeted friendly but that's about all I can positively say about it. We asked for a discount because the price was over a hundred dollars. (which is really high for a econo lodge) but no discount. We were tired and accepted the room. The elevator was cramp and the hall ways were dirty. A lot of mining people use this hotel (and get great prices we heard) and they come in all dusty and clean their boots/shoes in the hallways. We saw men actually clean their boots by scrubbing them together in the corner of the hall. so, dust al over the place. They just redid the carpets in the room and those were okay. The cleaning was okay. The breakfast area is clean but the breakfast itself isn't that good. The workman get up very early and I think breakfast is just left as it is for the occasional tourist. I really don't see whe this hotel got a platinum reward, sorry.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Paaru, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Platinum award is only given to the top 3% of the brand hotels. There are over 1000 hotels in this group nationwide. 80% of the score is based on guest reviews conducted independently by choice hotels international. This means an overwhelming majority of the guests at our hotel are statified with their stay. The other 20% of the score is based on brand standard compalinance. We scored a 100% in that category becuase we adhere to all brand standards set by the franchise. The breakfast is part of the brand standard and is cooked fresh daily. We have lids and a heating tray on all of the hot items so the food stays fresh when people come to eat. Our rates are set by our software based on demand. The corporate clients might get a little better rate becuase they would utilize hundreds of room nights every month. They expect a better rate due to the bulk business. The companies would setup a direct bill account with our hotel to use hundreds of rooms every month. We do not treat any of our clients differently. Our leasure clients are just as important as our corporate clients. Our staff is trained to keep our hotel clean at all times. We clean all of the common areas on a daily basis just like we clean our rooms. We do not tell any of our clients how to stay at our hotel. It is our job to clean the hotel and make sure the hotel is well presented and acceptable to all of our guests. We are very proud of our Platinum award. We have received this award two years in a row and our staff has worked very hard to obtain the award each year. We thank you for the feed back.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I was incredibly impressed with the staff at this motel. They were very polite and helpful. The front desk clerk provided a map of the city. The hotel (including the hallways and stairs) were very clean. I had absolutely no problems and had a great time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We arrived in a group, and I was afraid that checking in that many people would take forever. But despite having only one clerk behind the desk, everything went smoothly, efficiently, and accurately. The clerk was very polite and helpful, and I will say that when we checked out the 2 ladies were the same. 5 stars for them all.

Our room was on the second floor, on the "highway" side and I don't recall any traffic noise at all. We do tend to keep the air circulating, so perhaps this drowned out any noise there might have been. There was a definite smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway. I couldn't find any smoking rooms around that area, so I don't know where it was coming from. Fortunately, it did not invade our room.

I liked that our room had the sink outside the toilet/tub room; that is always a plus for me. Adequate space, comfy bed, handy mini fridge, older TV but we never turned it on so that didn't matter. There were plenty of towels and everything looked clean. Even the complimentary shampoo, soaps etc were replaced each day.

Breakfast was included, and the woman on the first morning had trouble keeping up with the crowd. The scrambled eggs and coffee cream took too long to be replenished, messes were not cleaned in a timely manner-- I think she was overwhelmed. The bacon was terrible-- it looked greasy but had a dry cardboardy texture. The sausage patties the next morning were much better, plus the juice actually tasted like juice. The young man working in the breakfast room that day was really hustling: 5 stars for him. There was fresh fruit, bagels, make your own waffle, hard boiled and scrambled eggs, hot items like biscuits and gravy, cereals, coffee, juice, and milk-- you could make a decent meal here.

The highlight for us was the balcony on the second floor-- access is just past the soda machines. There are benches to sit on and a couple of end tables, lots of space to stand or lean against the railing. There is a room whose window looks out to the balcony, so we tried to keep the noise level polite so as not to disturb too much. The balcony overlooks the highway (not that much traffic) and the front parking lot, but you can also catch the sunset and mountain silhouettes. Great place to hang out.

When checking out, there is a sign that says there is a $1.50 per day charge, but if you ask, it will be removed. So I asked. And it was taken off. I hate being charged for a safe, and to just take it off if I ask-- why charge in the first place?

Overall, this is an older place with some signs of wear, but it is maintained well and has pleasant people. I would like to give 3.5 stars for the yucky bacon and smoky hallway, but I will I "round up" to the 4 stars for the location and people. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends