“A really wonderful meal in the middle of the desert”
Review of 1zero6

1zero6
Ranked #5 of 78 Restaurants in Silver City
Price range: US$18 - US$21
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: We serve Pacific Rim/Fusion and Italian Fusion. Open Friday night thru Sunday night. Daily scratch menu. Shopped and cooked fresh daily. By reservation. We have tried unsuccessfully to remedy this, but ... Do not use the "menu" tab to find menus, it is NOT the current menus. Go to the web site as we have a daily scratch menu (menu that changes daily) and our email is on the web page.
glencove1
“A really wonderful meal in the middle of the desert”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The chef here got tired of life in San Francisco. Ten years ago he came down to Silver City, bought a house for $30,000 and decided to open a restaurant. How do I know? He told us. This is the kind of restaurant where the chef comes out of the kitchen and circulates among the customers. Not exactly hard to do since there are maybe six tables ... some larger than others. The decor here is very amusing ... we were here for Day of the Dead, so there was a huge folk sculpture commemnorating that on the wall behind me. The restaurant was buzzing. Everyone looking smart and hip. There is a college in town, and these folks all looked like they taught there ... smart, artsy and really ready to laugh. There was laughter at every table. -- The restaurant is open only three or four evening a week, so you have to be prepared to plan ahead. You also have to decide maybe three days ahead what you are going to eat. The menu for that evening is posted on the website, and you choose. I chose a main dish that featured one of the best (and best-prepared) pieces of beef I think I have ever had. Really extraordinary. I didn't understand why it was accompanied by (admittedly well-prepared) rice and out-pf-season asparagus. My own choice with that beef would have been nicely flavored mashed potatoes ... and a vegetable in season. ... Now let's talk about the dessert... I have had really good Tres Leches before. My nieghbor down the hill is a wonderful, traditional Latin cook. She makes superb Tres Leches. But this was better... He bakes, too; he doesn't just cook. Wow. I could use some more right now. --- Yah, and I forgot to mention the appetizer ... mmmmmmmm

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank glencove1

Seattle, WA
“Bad Night?”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I know this place gets high marks, but I was unimpressed. The waitress was unattentive, forgetful, and slightly cranky.
There are only three entree choices and they had run out of one(there was a mix up on our group's "pre-order"). The chicken dish was dark meat, something not mentioned on the menu.
Many dishes that would appear to be ok for vegetarians had bits of pork added.
You must be an adventurous foodie to enjoy this joint. It just wasn't working for me the night I went.

3 Thank Sinnet33
Silver city New Mexico
“Continues To Impress Me...which is hard to do.”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My wife and I have been to 1zero6 a few times this past summer and I continue to be impressed with how Jake puts it all together into a very tasty package including an atmosphere that beats all the other restaurants around here. No snooty attitudes, platitudes, or [--], just some really good food. And a friendly, hello how are you doing place to eat said great food. Just when I think I've tried all the stuff Jake has cooked, he comes up with something that knocks me over. Good selection of beer and wine and sake. I like them all. Jake takes things to a different level and is always experimenting. I like that he takes chances on what he prepares and doesn't do the run of the mill food menu. His stuff is tasty, from appetizer to dessert, and he'll help carry you to your car if you get so full you need help!

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank USCgrad1978
michigan
“Incredible find in Silver City”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This is an amazing 6 table restaurant serving fresh daily SE Asian fusion cuisine. All the ingredients are fresh and all dishes made to order. The menu changes daily,although they are only open Friday,Saturday and Sunday.
Appetizers ,such as Pork Spring Roll are perfectly prepared and large enough to share.
The ribs were wonderful,the shrimp burger light and fresh. They serve the best Pad Thai on the planet.
Leave room for a splendid dessert.
ALWAYS call ahead for a reservation.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Wine2go
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Worth a two-hour drive”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This was the best meal on our 10-day road trip of the Southwest, which included highly-rated restaurants in Espanola and Santa Fe.
Exquisite eclectic cooking, excellent service. Just six tables and one chef. Be prepared to have a few glasses of wine. I thought I copied the menu to my clipboard, but I didn't, so I'll just say it was all great.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Kansachusetts

Been to 1zero6? Share your experiences!