“GOOD BARGAIN HOTEL”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Silver City
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“GOOD BARGAIN HOTEL”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

this motel was almost half the price of anything else I could fine in silver city. it's not fancy, but clean and functional. if you want a bargain rate for a decent motel, this may be it. don't miss old fort bayard and the national cemetery. just east of town.

Room Tip: for non-smoking, and quiet stay on back side of front building upstairs.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Portal, Arizona
Reviewed 18 April 2013

When my husband and I pulled into the parking lot we thought maybe we had the wrong place. There were several people standing in front of the office door drinking and smoking. It looked like one of those places where people live from week to week. The paperwork and reservation was all messed up. The front desk lady made me sign over and over again as she corrected our reservation time and time again. I was afraid that I was being charged multiple times, but that wasn't the case. I told them ahead of time that my husband was severely disabled, but they put us in the back block of rooms. It was OK, at first, because there was handicapped parking. But when they made us move our car, because it was more important to clear that handicapped space for smokers, we were more than outraged. The lights in the parking lot were mostly burned out. I actually wrote to the corporate office when we got home, but was never acknowledged.

Room Tip: just don't go. Our door stuck and we had to make sure that it was secured before going in and ou...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Statia

Travellers are raving about these Silver City hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I drove into the parking lot and looked at the derelict-looking motel and wondered if it was safe.
Some of the window screens were off and hanging down, some of the siding was off, and it just looked really dumpy. Since it was late and I had made reservations I did stay there. Friendly person at the desk. The room itself was ok. The lobby and the hallways looked shabby but semi-clean. Dog friendly. No coffee in the room. There is a 24 hour McDonalds across the highway. I woke up VERY early to make sure my car was still there and took off in the dark to the Gila Cliff Dwellings.

Room Tip: A good room would be at another motel in Silver City.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Steve B
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Like many Motel 6s, the building was dated and cheaply constructed. Soundproofing between rooms was minimal. On the plus side, the room was clean and reasonably decorated. We had a room on the main road side of the building, but even so there was minimal street traffic noise.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room to avoid hearing every footstep from a room above.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 7 March 2013

If you are on a tight budget, I don't think you could find a less expensive place to stay in Silver CIty. PROS: Staff is friendly. The rooms are pretty quiet--we couldn't hear TVs or talking from other rooms. The shower was my favorite thing--as warm as I wanted and super water pressure. It is actually pretty clean--yes, the carpets are old and may make some people squeamish, but the paint in our room was new-looking and the tile in the bathroom looked VERY clean. Best of all, they allowed my 3 small dogs to stay for FREE!!! Very rare, that!!! Also, it sits on Highway 180, which made us think we'd be up all night with traffic noise, which wasn't the case at all--we didn't hear anything, and our window faced the highway.
CONS: Small parking lot, back door not kept locked (good and bad), and there wasn't a very good place to walk the dogs. Minor complaints given the pros, and did I mention the price? I'd stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank terieh
Tooele, Utah
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed at this Motel 6 for the Blues Festival and was expecting way worse. The carpet was dirty and the bedspread old. Overall, the service was friendly and it was quiet both nights we stayed there. The motel is old, but I have seen much worse at other Motel 6's. Considering most of the motels in Silver city are old and the other area motels were charging way more because of the Blues Festival in town, I was satified.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TooeleVegan
Rio Rancho, NM
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Not bad for what it is; i.e., inexpensive subsistance lodging. Clean enough and comfortable enough. The TV could've used a little work (bad connection to the cable, I believe) but everything worked.

There are not a lot of choices in Silver City and M-6 is a reasonable choice if you're there for business and don't need any luxury.

Room Tip: First floor rooms hear every step from the guests on the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business