“A great escape, with much to explore” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Georgetown Cabins Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Silver City
Georgetown Cabins Resort
Ranked #3 of 9 Silver City B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“A great escape, with much to explore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

I spent a very exciting 2 days at the Georgetown Cabins last March. It was my first time to New Mexico, which is a beautiful state, and could not have anticipated the beauty of the Gila National Forest. The cabins are at the site of an old mining town, deep within the forest, in about as secluded of a location you can get! Without even getting into a vehicle, there are interesting and beautiful sections of the immediately surrounding woods to explore. I spent half of a day just walking around the area, checking out the ruins of the town, collecting rocks in an old riverbed nearby, and climbing atop hills to get photos of the amazing scenery. The cabin I stayed in (Gregory) had a grill and fire pit on the extremely private patio area, with comfy chairs to sit in and enjoy the silence and peace. The interior of my cabin was very cozy, with a fireplace and large comfy bed, a big kitchen, and 2 cushy recliners which I just sat in for about an hour one day taking in the scenery. Strong wifi signal too!

A short drive westward (15 min) took me to rt. 15, which leads north into the heart of the Gila Wilderness Area. This was some of the most beautiful forest I have ever seen, and I live in Colorado (an avid backpacker), and have hiked in California, Pennsylvania and Oregon, so I've seen my share of great forests. The Gila Cliff Dwellings are within this wilderness area, as well as great fishing and photographic opportunities. I definitely would recommend these cabins to anyone, including hiking/camping/exploring enthusiasts such as myself!

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeff R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We spent two days at the Georgetown Cabins at the end of April. My husband and I enjoyed our stay in the Brannin cabin. This cabin is situated above the other cabins and very private. We cooked our dinners in the evening in a kitchen that was very well supplied with dishes and pans. The only noise we heard was the wind in the trees and several bird calls.Once there was a mother cow calling to her young one. We found this sound to be very comforting. Hiking and exploring the cemetery down the road was incredibly interesting and gave you a good idea of the hardships that many of the people experienced when Georgetown was an active settlement. Susie was very knowledgeable about the Georgetown history and Jon makes the most wonderful bread. We would definitely come back again. Ron and Patricia

Room Tip: Make sure to use the hot tub. The dead sea salts make your skin feel wonderful!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patricia4235
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

We have just returned home from a 2 week trip to New Mexico, where we stayed two nights in one of the cabins at the Georgetown Cabins Resort. Our stay was perfect thanks in large part to our two perfect hosts, Suzie and Jon, who treated us royally and provided us with a wealth of information regarding the history of the Georgetown Mines, as well as the surrounding area. The "beet wine" and dessert treat they provided for us were unexpected and much appreciated delights. Suzie and Jon are attentive to their guests needs without being intrusive in any manner and they are well suited for their chosen occupation.

We stayed in one of the resort's spacious, private, well appointed cabins (the Brannin) and we couldn't have asked for more. It suited us to a "T" with every amenity we could hope for. The cabin is new, up to date in every sense, has expansive views of the surrounding area, and had all of the supplies that we needed. The cabin is extraordinarily well designed and constructed. We only wish that we had more time to explore the resort's property and the history of Georgetown.

Should we ever head back to the Silver City area, the Georgetown Cabins will be our absolute choice for lodging.

Ron and Sue

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Maricopa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

I took my husband to Georgetown Cabins to spend our last few days together before he left on a 12 month military deployment to Afghanistan. He is 100% "city boy" and had never experienced anything like the beautiful scenery surrounding us there. He was thrilled by the whole experience and we both agreed that we couldn't have found a more perfect place to spend our last few days together before he left! The cabins are beautiful and perfectly sized for a couples get away. We hated to leave and will be going back very soon after he gets back in country! Susie is an AWESOME hostess and made sure we had everything we could possibly need for a perfect stay. Where else will you be greeted with home made bread and wine?!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Deming, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our 2 days and one night in a perfectly appointed cabin that felt more like home than home itself. Our host was very knowledgeable of the fascinating history of Georgetown itself. There is more than ample hiking areas to explore and, when the wind is blowing, there are many fascinating booklets of the area to read in the cabin. Cooking on the easy to use outdoor BBQ/oven made the trip more fun since we didn't have to go anyplace to eat. Great lounging areas inside and on the beautiful outdoor porches where you can listen to the singing trees was ever so relaxing. I will make this my 'go to' retreat anytime I need to get away. It feels so far off the beaten path, but is actually quite close to the main highways. We came for our anniversary and were very impressed. Thank you Susie and Jon!

Room Tip: The bed was so comfortable and the soothing sounds of the area led to a wonderful night's sleep...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PamU742
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed two nights, with the primary objective of visiting the Gila Cliff Dwellings, (which were well worth the time to tour). The six cabins are comfortable, modern, well-equipped and well-supplied lodgings, worthy of a better title than "cabins" implies. They were built in 2009, on the side of a hill overlooking the site of the late-1800's silver-mining town of Georgetown, about five miles from the nearest paved roads. The views of rolling hills are spectacular and the silence is awe-inspiring. Each cabin is isolated enough from the next for complete privacy. Sue greeted us warmly, showed us how everything worked, gave us a bottle of Jon's home-made wine--and then left us alone.This is the perfect place for a getaway from city life with the one you love...

Room Tip: Branning cabin is the highest up the hill, and therefore has the best view.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Waconia, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stayed at the Georgetown Cabins for a week and thoroughly enjoyed myself. It's a small, cozy resort with beautiful cabins and very friendly owners. It's so nice to wake up to breath taking views out your windows. All you see are trees and hills and it's truly an amazing site. You feel like you are really away from it all which we all need. Jon and Susie pay close attention to detail in all they do....from the white robes tied with a ribbon to the treats they leave for you to snack on which is truly that, a treat, not something they need to do but they do to make you feel at home! I also loved winding down at night with the fireplace glowing, stepping out onto the wrap around deck with my cup of cocoa, the large salt water soaking tub outside and the beautiful outdoors to go for a walk. I thought a week would be too long to be away from my kids but I wanted to stay longer! This place is topnotch....can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo