“Why the picture of a pet store?”
Review of Mi Casita

Mi Casita
Ranked #31 of 80 Restaurants in Silver City
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This place is hard to find. From Silver Heights, take Pinos Altos about 1/2 mile. Looking to your right, you will see this Pet Store, on a little dirt road. Turn there, and next to it and set back is the restaurant.
Now, the food... I ordered the medium combination; taco, chili rellano, enchilada. All were very good, and very authentic. It would be hard to do better than that plate.
WARNING, the salsa is hot. I love hot, but this was a new hot, like ghost peppers or something. I dribbled off a teaspoon onto my food.
Service was spot on.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This restaurant is a little hard to find, but it is worth the effort. It is only open for lunch as far as I know. The food is very good and the service is lightening fast and friendly. It is so popular that sometimes it is hard to find a table. It works best to come about 11:30 to avoid the noon rush.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

The steak papillas are incredible. They come with red rice. It's a fluffy flour thing filled with shredded steak and topped with melted cheese. I also had it topped with chile verde. Quite filling. Affordable. Delicious. SO good.

1  Thank Cruz V
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

My co-workers and I went for lunch today. The place was packed and I'm glad we got there a bit before noon, otherwise there would not have been room for a party of 8!
The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. The plates were loaded with food. The salsa and chips excellent. I had a BBQ chimichanga which was very good. It was loaded with shredded beef and topped with sour cream & guacamole. My only complaint was that it had little BBQ sauce in relation to everything else. I also topped it with some of the excellent salsa. The drink sizes were very large and yet the wait staff was still intent on keeping everyone's drink full. I wasn't wild & crazy over the rice (it was a bit greasy & sticky), but the chimichanga and salad made up for it!
The place was a bit noisy, but this is to be expected in a filled to capacity restaurant. I thought for sure we'd have a long wait before the food arrived, but I was wrong! We were in & out of there in under an hour, and we even lingered over our food a bit!

My co-workers and I will definitely be returning soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Loved the food, couldn't be more authentic. The menu had a great variety, the service was great. I'd go back again.