“TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE,TERRIBLE” 1 of 5 bubbles

Rodeway Inn Silver City
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Silver City
“TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE,TERRIBLE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed at this MOTEL SATURDAY, OCT 19, 2013 Overnight stay. Got checked in. Went to room and found LIVE cockroaches, dirty towels, crumby not vacuumed room. So I went back to FRONT DESK to complain & was given a different room. IT was ok not great but ok. I didn't sleep much due to the ACCOMODATIONS not being very comfortable nor relaxing. So unless there are some major improvements to this motel..I will not stay again nor will I recommend this MOTEL. Sorry for this TERRIBLE review but that's how I felt about this place OVERALL!

Room Tip: Ask to see the room or rooms before paying!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I am from Tucson, AZ and wanted to get-a-way somewhere close that I had never been before. My choice was great, Silver City, New Mexico. I called the Rodeway Inn the night before to check on room availability, senior discounts, pets and smoking policy. Most times I prefer non-smoking rooms but, since I was alone and they offered smoking or non-smoking room, I requested a smoking room. It was a great price, low charge for my small dog and a good senior discount. Also, they said it would be a ground floor which is good because I am physically disabled and it is difficult to climb stairs. Everything changed when I arrived. They did not have my reservation because they said their computers were down. Then the only room available was at the far end and upstairs. I had to lug luggage etc up a flight of stairs 3 times going in and 3 times leaving. That wasn't the worst. I always check the sheets when I arrive in a room that looks like it hadn't been cleaned well. The bottom sheet had wrinkles like someone had slept in it. The bed was so hard I had to invest $20.00 at the Walmart down the street to get a foam mattress pad. The reservationist brought me a clean sheet at my request (wish I'd asked for a top sheet too but I was tired and frustrated) and when I pulled off the old sheet, what was under it was worse! A thin, worn out mattress cover with many stains including blood and possibly urine, or something else. I touched the large yellow spot and it was hard, meaning it wasn't just a stain! I put my mattress pad on top of it and the clean sheet on top of that. The blanket was torn and stained and didn't look like it had been washed in some time. When I picked up the phone to call the office, I discovered it was filthy (and washable). I kept it away from my face and washed my hands immediately after. The carpet was not vacuumed and the inside entryway tile was dirty as well as the mirror looked like someone had brushed teeth and left spots on it. The far side bed table was seriously dirty with stuff on it. I think the smoking rooms are placed in the back because there seems to be very little traffic there except different people coming and going a lot on the ground floor. I don't have to explain what I think those people in the back coming and going were doing as the ones I saw seemed to be intoxicated. I guess I'll make sure I get a non-smoking room at any hotel that offers a smoking room from now on. Also, It was a little scary being alone way back there where there were few people. I felt creepy sleeping under the top sheet and wondering if the pillow cases had been changed. Also, my main reason for getting the foam mattress cover was because of the very old, very hard bed and I wouldn't have been able to sleep on it.

Room Tip: Great price but don't get a smoking room and make sure you are at the front of the hotel because...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Valigirl1

Travellers are raving about these Silver City hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

room fine, cable out, dog barking next door at ten at night. called front desk who said they would call the cell phone for that room. called back ten minutes later and she hadn't even called them. not cool!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank bearleader
Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

This was the only hotel in town that we could find rooms at. The staff was very nice. Rooms were clean. No refrigerator, microwave, or blow dryer, but we were given rooms that were not rented out nightly. We did not have enough towels in the room. TV was nice size. We appreciate them finding rooms for us!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank faye1630
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

I travel to Silver City frequently for 1-2 night stays and Rodeway Inn is my choice everytime. The beds are older and more firm that I have at home but the room is clean, the staff is great to work with and the accommodations reasonably priced. The TV is large enough to see clearly, the refrigerator and microwave get used a lot, the A/C works great and the onsite guest laundry is a great perk! The fresh breakfast of eggs, waffles, bacon and sausage, coffee and juice makes getting up and out so easy! There is no need to stop anywhere else to eat before beginning work or exploration of the area. Sam and Sonia are great hosts and that's WHY when I travel to Silver City, I always choose Rodeway Inn.

Room Tip: Ground floor east side is where I stay everytime. I like my morning sunshine!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank KatheB_13
Pass Christian, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

We've stayed here many times and have had minor problems that were taken care of on the spot. It's quiet and convenient and good value. The rooms are aged but clean. Beds could use some updating. Big TV, refer, and microwave. Breakfast was excellent with hot bacon, sausage, eggs, waffles. Coffee, OJ and cereal was available too. A very pleasant stay at an excellent price. It's nice to know what you're going to get before you get there.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sid D
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

One small, thin bath towel per adult, NO coffee pot, NO refrigerator, NO microwave, and NO BLOW DRYER in the room. From the reviews, it appears some rooms have these things. You should verify by phone when you book. The mineral deposits in the bathroom fixtures were getting as thick as the towels are thin. Toilet had problems. Guests may not feel safe with all outside room doors on ground floor. Half of rooms had parking at door. Other side of motel was dirt, not parking. Highlight of breakfast was the do it yourself waffle iron. Don't try to have breakfast at a busy time. There are six chairs and raisin bran or fruit loops if you can't get a turn for waffles. The little cinnamon rolls were sparse, but good. Best thing was the fast, free wi-fi.

Room Tip: Bring your blow dryer.
Stayed March 2013, travelled with family